Author Topic: need help with 7th heaven setup  (Read 18963 times)

sirkos

• View Profile
need help with 7th heaven setup
« on: 2016-01-06 23:36:08 »
i install ff7 1998 version onto desktop
i use ff7 game converter it moves the game to C:
after gives me a bunch of ERROR access denied then finishes
also with the game converter i can keep on trying to convert
on 7th heaven.exe when i click on download mod its always calculating

what do i have to do to make all this work? i tried going through the tutorial video and mines never the same

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: need help with 7th heaven setup
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-07 00:11:30 »
i install ff7 1998 version onto desktop
i use ff7 game converter it moves the game to C:
after gives me a bunch of ERROR access denied then finishes
also with the game converter i can keep on trying to convert
on 7th heaven.exe when i click on download mod its always calculating

what do i have to do to make all this work? i tried going through the tutorial video and mines never the same

You can not install straight on to the desktop, your best bet is to install it like this C:\Final Fantasy VII, maximum install. If the game converter is throwing out errors be sure to run as admin. Also make sure to mount the blank ISO. That always calculating problem, sounds to me like either a server problem or a internet one. What you may want to try is cleaning the folder in the app data and try again. Also Run the 7TH heaven EXE with admin rights too.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-07 01:14:35 by Yuffie1983 »

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-07 01:42:22 »
when i install ff7 i did it to the max also i have the real ff7 1998 cd so do i use disk 1 n not a  blank iso? other then that thank you for the reply ill be trying what you said now  ;D

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-07 01:54:20 »
also is it true that i need to run ff7 and play abit before i can do modding? because i cant even make the game run nevermind with  mods and i tried messing with compatibles

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-07 02:59:35 »
You can not install straight on to the desktop, your best bet is to install it like this C:\Final Fantasy VII, maximum install. If the game converter is throwing out errors be sure to run as admin. Also make sure to mount the blank ISO. That always calculating problem, sounds to me like either a server problem or a internet one. What you may want to try is cleaning the folder in the app data and try again. Also Run the 7TH heaven EXE with admin rights too.

im fine now you helped me thank you, now its just to see if i can play the game after all these mods done downloading, would the game work now? because if i try to play ff7 without mods after installation it wont play

weltall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-07 05:08:58 »
Liek the guide said, you can either use the blank iso or rename a USB drive or hard drive to FF7DISC1. The converter and in extension the game, just needs to have a drive called that, so it can virtually see that the CD is inside your drive. I never tried leaving the CD inside, but I am guessing it would work if you did. Would give you a feeling of the past, when disc would keep spinning while we played games XD

I never player vanilla after I found bootleg/7th Heaven. I never had a problem with the game because of 7th Heaven. I did have problems running the game, but it was a bad configuration on my side. At least on windows 7 I do NOT set any compatibility options, when using 7th heaven that is. I did that only way way in the past when playing the game vanilla, without mods. Like Yuffie said, sometimes the converter throws errors. Better pay close attention to it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-07 05:24:08 »
The converter was updated for this release, which I hope fixes most of the access denied, run as admin type of errors people get.

Having the install disc in your CD-Rom drive is ok, so long as the drive reads it as FF7DISC1. The renaming of a drive or using the mounted ISO is just a trick to have the game think the original CD is loaded, and it has to be there when you run the converter so that the registry keys can read what drive letter it wants to read FF7DISC1 from.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-07 05:34:38 »
ok thanks :) i bought the 1998 version to be doing this, when i tried again i did run as admin on both converter and 7th heaven and no errors so its all working until these mods done downloading then we see  when it comes to playing, the 2Gb+ ones take hrs :O

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-07 05:39:25 »
Sorry, I can't help with the larger sizes on some of the categories :-\ The Field Textures made it up to 10+GB when we added satsuki waifu textures, so I decided it was best to split that one into 2 parts.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-07 05:42:24 »
naaa its fine :P

i like your avatar its cute :3, i cant find the mods "Dynamic Cloud Weapons"Team Avalanche Fields" (i put the rest in order with what i got) and because "The Reunion" is on the top "The Reunion - Beacause: root\ff7_bc.exe" set thst exe location only?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2016-01-07 05:49:05 »
Not sure what you mean by, "cant find the mods Dynamic Cloud Weapons Team Avalanche Fields" Did you download them? Check the window pane on the right side to see for blue text that says they were installed. It tells you it was installed after the download completes.

It's not actually "root\ff7_bc.exe" --- root is just the location where your game is installed, so if you installed in C:\Games\FF7 then you would put into FF7 Exe C:\Games\FF7\ff7_bc.exe

I would load The Reunion - Beacuase and Menu Overhaul towards the bottom. Put all the Miscellaneous categories at the top, then everything else in alphabetical order. That is how I tested everything and it works great.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016-01-07 06:03:59 »
well on yourtifas final heaven post it says Miscellaneous -
Dynamic Cloud Weapons
Miscellaneous - Jessie Mod
Miscellaneous - Sephiroth Story Mod
Miscellaneous - Team Avalanche Fields
Any order thereafter (I recommend alphabetically)

and on my catalog i dont see the ones that i mentioned, so i cant download Team Avalanche Fields Dynamic Cloud Weapons

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016-01-07 06:18:56 »
Did you update the Workshop -> Settings with the new subscriptions link?

Once you do that, close 7H. Then go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop and delete the Catalog.xml. Now reopen 7H and click on Workshop -> Check subscriptions now. Then go to the Catalog tab and click the Search button to refresh. The new Catalog 2.0 should be there.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016-01-07 06:35:51 »
thanks its fixed :)

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2016-01-07 08:26:38 »
ok so back on here i moved on abit more the game loads but with no music and when i start new game nothing but black i can see chat boxes and sound effects and thats it not even a intro video unless thats suppose to be missing.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2016-01-07 08:34:37 »
Where did you originally install the game, before the GC moved it to a new location?

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2016-01-07 08:58:30 »
well the last time i did put it in C: like someone said to do so its that with Final Fantasy VII as a name, so the GC(gamecube?) didnt have to move it

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2016-01-07 09:39:31 »
GC = Game Converter

I have no idea how your game is installed at this point, but something isn't right. Go here and follow the steps in the first question for starting over completely fresh: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16538.0

After you've got a completely fresh install in a non-system folder (e.g. C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII), continue with STEP 1 again.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2016-01-07 09:49:43 »
ok but doesnt the game need patching so it will work on win 8?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2016-01-07 09:50:44 »
It's all included in the Game Converter.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2016-01-07 09:57:37 »
ok then, thank you for helping me :) also i need to install the mods  again right? or probably redo everything?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2016-01-07 10:07:08 »
I'd recommend you download again. Remember to delete everything inside the the C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\7thWorkshop folder before you open 7H again.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2016-01-07 10:12:28 »
ok i used the link you gave me ...
1. Uninstall Final Fantasy VII.
2. Delete all the junk files in the game directory.
2. Run this to clean FF7 registry keys

when using the GC it says its already been patched if i try to overwrite it gives a failed to find languages
i also reinstalled ff7 into C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII

i also did the deleted 7thworkshop folder

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2016-01-07 10:15:17 »
Run the GC and choose to Unpatch first. Then you can run again and patch.

sirkos

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2016-01-07 10:21:34 »
telling me to put a path to data/movie but that folder doesnt exist