Author Topic: Installer Glitch for Reunion, Anxious Heart, and Roses & Wine  (Read 11228 times)

Hileict

• View Profile
Hi folks,

So.. I've run into a bit of a weird issue with all three of the installers, the initial installer screen opens fine, with Next and Cancel visible, but this is what it looks like when Next is clicked (Only Back and Cancel/Exit can be selected, by mouse OR tabbing with keyboard).. Even when I've scrolled right down the agreement text.

http://i.imgur.com/kGj6btM.png
http://i.imgur.com/9iJfPPN.png
http://i.imgur.com/JM6gkkH.png

EDIT: Just as a sidenote.. Is there any major reason why FFVII's Steam version requires such a major "downgrade" to the 1998 version just to add mods.. While the Steam version of FFVIII is so incredibly simple, and without having to change the original game's files? This isn't meant to sound harsh or rude, but a bit of constructive criticism of FFVII's modding system (7th Heaven) compared to FFVIII's (Tonberry). Tonberry is fantastic and only uses texture files and hashmaps..
« Last Edit: 2016-03-06 14:03:37 by Hileict »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
This doesn't happen [does it?  It really shouldn't] with latest Reunion (both latest R03 and R04c) and is a known issue.  If you can, I'd set screen resolution to minimum 800 * 600.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-06 15:56:22 by DLPB »

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
EDIT: Just as a sidenote.. Is there any major reason why FFVII's Steam version requires such a major "downgrade" to the 1998 version just to add mods.. While the Steam version of FFVIII is so incredibly simple, and without having to change the original game's files? This isn't meant to sound harsh or rude, but a bit of constructive criticism of FFVII's modding system (7th Heaven) compared to FFVIII's (Tonberry). Tonberry is fantastic and only uses texture files and hashmaps..

While Tonberry could potentially work for FF7 Steam if ever optimized for it, it can only replace textures. And one thing that FF7 does differently from FF8 is that certain aspects of the game uses polygons. So while you can replace things like backgrounds, icons, text, and battle effects... You wouldn't be able to do anything with character models and the like. Well... Except their eyes. :P I should know, considering I've played through the entire game with Tonberry debug on to extract everything I could.

Hileict

• View Profile
Hm.. I tried the 800 * 600 resolution, it lets me see "a little" more of the prompt buttons, but at least with Anxious Heart (which is what I tried for this), scrolling through the agreement text still won't "activate" the Next button.. Not entirely sure why..

As for the polygon thing for FFVII.. That's a shame.. D: I know FFVIII's character textures can be altered without changing the actual game and mounting new ISOs and altering the Steam files.. I'd just rather not modify those files from where they are. (Though to be fair.. I also have the PS4 version.. Which I seem to be considering my "primary" save/playthrough..) That said, from what I've seen of character model mods for FFVII, only the field ones seem to be a full set (either FFVIII style tall, or the chibi original look).. While the battle character models are.. Not full sets, they end up looking rather jarring by how different they all look. There doesn't seem to be a standard "one style for every in-battle character model".. So most of them end up looking so very out of place within the base game.. :/ I'm a fan of consistency, y'know?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-07 00:09:22 by Hileict »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Is this the case with Reunion R04?  It shouldn't be.

If so, set your dpi settings differently.  Large dpi settings don't work well.

Hileict

• View Profile
Is this the case with Reunion R04?  It shouldn't be.

If so, set your dpi settings differently.  Large dpi settings don't work well.
All three still seem to be doing it.. I mean.. I'm on a laptop, if that means anything at all. I haven't seen any dpi settings change either, every other installer I've used aside from these 3 don't have this issue.
Oh, and I've used the scaling DPI options for multiple selections (Windows 10 settings).. Nothing changes it.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-07 00:21:24 by Hileict »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The only things that can cause the issue are

1. Having resolution less than 800 * 600
2. Having high dpi settings

1. is fixed with latest Reunions.

Hileict

• View Profile
The only things that can cause the issue are

1. Having resolution less than 800 * 600
2. Having high dpi settings

1. is fixed with latest Reunions.
Well, I've attempted both of these to try and activate the Next button or at least have any of the buttons more visible.. And neither of them worked. I have the latest Reunion AND the most up-to-date Anxious Heart/Roses & Wine, sooooo.... >.>
Even with my laptop on the most native settings (standard dpi and regular 1920x1080).. Doesn't work.

For comparison, I just used the installer for AbyssWolf's FFVII 2D Character Sprite Menu Portraits.. And it worked perfectly. The *only* installers which have not worked are Reunion, Anxious Heart, and Roses & Wine.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-07 02:58:00 by Hileict »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The problem is with the inno installer, but the only thing that has ever caused that issue is high dpi.  There's pretty much nothing I can do.

Hileict

• View Profile
The problem is with the inno installer, but the only thing that has ever caused that issue is high dpi.  There's pretty much nothing I can do.
...Really? Because I also just deleted and redownloaded the torrents for Anxious Heart and Roses & Wine.. And also went into compatibility settings in Properties to ensure Run as Administrator and Disable display scaling at high DPI settings were both checked.. And it still didn't fix the window size. So it looks more like it's got nothing to do with having a high DPI (because it disabled any high DPI that likely wouldn't work, whether I changed anything beforehand or not).
Roses & Wine especially, because that's the one I tested.

Also, thought I'd make particular note of a change listed in the Updates/Changes List in the Readme..
"LATEST CHANGES

W04 Final 13.Mar.2015
- Latest Raw.dll
- Raw now uses HextLaunch for all versions
- Installer window is now smaller
- Menu is now opened with F10"

Wat.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The installer windows is smaller. It is not large anymore and does not resize depending on screen resolution (because people still use 640 * 480). That's what that means.

I cannot help you with your current issue.  No-one else has ever reported that there was still an issue after dpi has been changed.  I can only assume there is something unique about your settings that are conflicting with the inno installer.

This issue IS a problem with the inno installer.  NOT your download. NOT your file.  The actual installer package itself - which was not created by me (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php) . It does not like high dpi settings, for one.  A lot of programs don't.  But from what you are telling me, this issue still exists on normal dpi setting - so I have no idea where the issue could lie.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-07 05:28:25 by DLPB »

Hileict

• View Profile
The installer windows is smaller. It is not large anymore and does not resize depending on screen resolution (because people still use 640 * 480). That's what that means.

I cannot help you with your current issue.  No-one else has ever reported that there was still an issue after dpi has been changed.  I can only assume there is something unique about your settings that are conflicting with the inno installer.

This issue IS a problem with the inno installer.  NOT your download. NOT your file.  The actual installer package itself - which was not created by me.
18.4in laptop, standard native 1920*1080 resolution. No scaling. Literal 1080p standard.. And it's only been Anxious Heart, Roses & Wine, and Reunion that have had issues with window size. Every other installer I've used (that even look identical to these installers) have worked without any issue. I don't much care that the window size is warped, it's that the agreement isn't registering that it's been fully scrolled through so the Next button activates. Even tabbing with keyboard only toggles Back or Exit. No other installer has been doing that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I understand that.  I am telling you that inno installers have a problem. I didn't create the installer package. No other installer you have used is using inno (I will wager).

From what you are telling me, even setting dpi to normal has no effect.  Since I did not create the inno installer package there is no way I can replicate your error or begin to fix it.

I recommend looking online and seeing if anyone else has had an issue like this with an inno installer, or trying different settings in the hope of correcting the issue.  If I had your computer in front of me, I'd at least be able to try a few things.

I am going to look into the dpi issues soon, but that doesn't seem to be related to your issue - if indeed you have correctly set the dpi back to normal.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-07 05:33:23 by DLPB »

Hileict

• View Profile
I understand that.  I am telling you that inno installers have a problem. I didn't create the installer package. No other installer you have used is using inno (I will wager).

From what you are telling me, even setting dpi to normal has no effect.  Since I did not create the inno installer package there is no way I can replicate your error or begin to fix it.
"No other installer you have used is using inno"? That's quite a claim... Plenty of installers I've used for programs with exactly the same installer package/design, especially having looked at the website for it (which you linked).
But eh, I'll look around, see if I can find something.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I said "I will wager".  Not "I am sure".  I am claiming the odds are great that every other one you have used was not coded using inno.

But why not download inno from the site above - create a bog standard installer - and see if the issue still persists? 

If not, it could be that one of the ways in which I place the buttons or screen elements is making the issue arise under certain circumstances.  But, again, finding exactly where the problem lies in your particular case is 100% impossible for me.

It is not impossible for you.  You have the computer in front of you and can try a ton of things with  settings - or downloading that setup package above and running some tests.  Considering you are the only person in 4 years to have no resolution to this problem, means the problem has to be unique to you.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-07 05:37:35 by DLPB »

Hileict

• View Profile
Okay. So... Let the record show that I have absolutely no idea what I did to change any setting whatsoever... But now I'm getting full installer window with the accept/decline dots.
That's obviously what it was doing before. It would accept.. And then another tab or arrow key further re-declined it, but the Next button wouldn't appear clickable.

I.. I guess this is solved? Some.. How..? I'm gonna put it down to "A wizard did it".