Author Topic: FF7 - Audio music mod - full orchestra HQ  (Read 14774 times)

Ragnarok1

• View Profile
FF7 - Audio music mod - full orchestra HQ
« on: 2016-05-25 09:53:25 »
Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked multiple times but here goes:

Is there a mod which substitutes the FF7 music for high quality full orchestra versions such as the reunion tracks:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/final-fantasy-vii-reunion/id70983696

I have installed 7th Heaven and tried out the Anxious Hearts music soundtrack mod but it still sounds synthetic and synth like - Is that how it should sound? Or maybe the mod isn't working right and I should be hearing real orchestral instruments?!

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :mrgreen:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 - Audio music mod - full orchestra HQ
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-25 16:06:44 »
Yes.  Anxious Heart.  And yeah - that'show it should sound when you select the correct option.

Ragnarok1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-25 16:18:54 »
thanks for the reply, just to be clear... Anxious Heart is the reunion tracks as in full orchestra recordings and not synthesized/midi? There are loads of different anxious heart options - is the top selection the reunion tracks?

If so, i must have installed it incorrectly! Do i need to extract the mod file and copy across the files into the vgmstream folder? Or should 7th heaven point to the correct files automatically?

thanks

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-25 16:58:18 »
Read the readme and don't use 7th Heaven for this particular mod.  Use my actual installer.

Edited.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-25 20:56:17 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-25 17:33:05 »
Read the readme and don't use 7th Heaven.  Use my actual installer.
Please don't tell people not to use 7th Heaven. It's the only feasible way to ensure intercompatibility between mods. If you don't want to provide support for it yourself, that's fine. That's what we have EQ2Alyza et al for. But outright dismissing it is bad for the ff7 modding community as a whole.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-25 17:35:09 by Covarr »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-05-25 19:04:05 »
Him using my installer does not stop him using 7th Heaven for everything else.  I can and will argue that 7th Heaven has its downsides - this thread is proof of it.  And there was another that was similar - where it did not emulate exactly what my installer does, and so options my installer gives were left out.

How does it change anything if he uses my installer?  I also had no way of knowing that he was using 7th Heaven and hadn't tried mine when he started his bug report - which is another annoyance. Anxious Heart is Anxious Heart.  That's what it is.  If 7th Heaven isn't doing what my installer does, then that's a big problem.

Edit.  I don't mean to be grouchy, but being told that the official installer shouldn't be recommended for my own mod is a touch silly.  If you thought I was telling him not to use 7th Heaven at all for any mod, then there has been a miscommunication, because that isn't what I meant.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-25 19:17:16 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-05-25 20:09:57 »
If you thought I was telling him not to use 7th Heaven at all for any mod, then there has been a miscommunication, because that isn't what I meant.
My apologies, I misunderstood. Yeah, AH installer is one of the few that won't produce any conflicts when used alongside 7H. In general I still recommend it over Reunion installer unless people only want Reunion mods because otherwise there will be conflicts, but for AH it shouldn't make a difference.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-05-25 21:02:16 »
OK I've edited the post to make it a little clearer and requested that 7th Heaven makes things clearer too.
« Last Edit: 2016-05-30 00:53:03 by DLPB »

Ragnarok1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-05-26 08:26:18 »
Hi all,

thanks for the replies... it seemed to be an issue with my particular install of 7th heaven. If anyone else has this issue, here's how i fixed it:

• Using the 7th heaven application menu, unzip all of the files in the music mod to a folder on your computer - there will be multiple folders
  • Go to Final Fantasy VII\music\vgmstream folder
  • Choose which folder of soundtrack you prefer (Professional 2 was my favourite)
  • Backup all of the music files in the vgmstream folder to somewhere else (just in case!)
  • Copy across the preferred soundtrack into the vgmstream folder (i actually ended up choosing different tracks across all the soundtrack versions as FF7 seems to only care about file names)
  • Within 7th heaven, configure the music mod to select "None" (top option)
  • and now you should hear the orchestrated versions when you load up the game...

thanks

Miguel_Domingos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2016-05-30 00:37:28 »
 A

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk