Author Topic: Simmulating a new game or something simmilar  (Read 3639 times)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
Simmulating a new game or something simmilar
« on: 2017-05-10 05:02:07 »
Okay so, reasons + side options for this.

In wallmarket i am able to set initial equipment for each character right,
BUT i cannot allow this to happen more than 1 time.
I wan't this to happen more than once because i need a new armor you pick up or weapon to come with materia on it. Only way i can see this happening is if it is in the initial data. This sounds stupid i know but let me worry about why and i'll suprise you guys later on hopefully with something amazing.

Lamens terms:
Can i make a weapon/armor come with materia on it?
How can i simmiluate a new game so it restarts the chars initial equipment setup?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Simmulating a new game or something simmilar
« Reply #1 on: 2017-05-10 12:04:31 »
Just so you know, it's "Layman's terms".

This requires an engine re-write. There is not an easy way to pair materia and equipment. I can almost see how this could be done, but I doubt there's enough unused code to make it happen.

Someone needs to make a FF7E (extended) wrapper so we can add our custom coded mods to the engine as well as the data.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #2 on: 2017-05-10 14:08:33 »
Ahh, The only other idea i had for this was the code where Yuffie randomly places materia back into your inventory (Because it doesn't need memory to place them) Could i manipulate that code in such a way where i could trigger it to happen and actually choose where they go?

Even if not, any chance you know that code to begin with so i can mess around with it?

Wow .. i got laymens wrong... Thanks for that haha

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2017-05-10 14:23:40 »
Yes, I know the Yuffie code. She steals up to 48 materia from a prioritized set and when the quest is over she just dumps it on all the characters in whatever empty slots they happen to have. It just fills in empty slots and dumps the rest back into the materia inventory. There's no set order to it, either. Whatever gets stolen first will end up in the first empty slot, etc.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #4 on: 2017-05-10 16:46:23 »
Ahh okay. Can you point me to that code?  I have tries taking every var from that scene 1 by 1 and using it somewhere else but it is not getting me anywhere

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-05-10 17:11:22 »
Someone needs to make a FF7E (extended) wrapper so we can add our custom coded mods to the engine as well as the data.

We have such a wrapper already: 7th Heaven. It can inject multiple kernels depending on certain conditions with no problem (in theory). I had discussed that with Sega a long time ago how to do such a thing. In theory what needs to be done, is to set a flag (a var of the save map) and let the player save at the end of the game. 7th Heaven will then read the flag and injects the new kernels and scene.bin and whatever is needed for a new game+.  I would probably try to jump to the first map after the credits and clear there all progress, which isn't needed for a new game and set there the flag and save position. The question will the game do a jump after the credits and the last FMV?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2017-05-10 17:49:01 »
I meant custom written asm code. I can write a new handle for certain animation codes.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #7 on: 2017-05-10 18:10:10 »
My only other option i can think of is to write a tutorial that happens that will do what i wan't it to do and have the changes stay that way.

But i gotta make it basically instant so the player doesn't notice

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #8 on: 2017-05-10 18:29:22 »
Tutorials don't make lasting changes and you can't change equipment with field scripts.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #9 on: 2017-05-10 18:37:13 »
So the Yuffie placing materia is the last option. I need to find what code that is. I have tried everything i can find in the field YUFY1 and im not getting anywhere with it.

Just a code somewhere where if you talk to or pick up something it will happen