Author Topic: [FF7] Swapped characters limit break issue  (Read 3669 times)

jsn2001

• View Profile
[FF7] Swapped characters limit break issue
« on: 2017-10-07 14:46:48 »
So, I've swapped Rufus and Cloud. I put Rufus over Vincent's animations, though, not Cloud's. However, now whenever Rufus (Cloud) uses "Braver", the game uses a weird, glitchy version of Galian Beast is used instead. I don't lose control of the beast and I don't seem to gain it's abilities either, and I can attack with it but it's extremely slow and there's no animation.

It's weird because I have a custom character with Cid's animations replacing Barrett, and nothing glitches out when I use Big Shot. (The model spazzes out but that's expected)

So, how do I fix this?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: [FF7] Swapped characters limit break issue
« Reply #1 on: 2017-10-09 13:31:27 »
I think Vincent's limit slot is hard coded to load in those beast models when certain limit levels are used. You could hack that out, maybe.

jsn2001

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-10-09 13:59:52 »
I think Vincent's limit slot is hard coded to load in those beast models when certain limit levels are used. You could hack that out, maybe.

I see. Thank you for your help. I've got a placeholder solution for now.
I also want to ask you something to avoid making a completely new thread, and because you made ProudClod you might be able to answer. How would I go about adding a new boss? I've seen it done in mods like New Threat, but how would I start?

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2017-10-09 14:42:56 »
You need to make a model of a boss enemy (or take some other enemy's model and modify it a bit), assign it to a formation, then set a trigger in some field using Makou Reactor (lots of examples exist) that initiates that battle with that formation.

jsn2001

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-10-09 18:24:05 »
You need to make a model of a boss enemy (or take some other enemy's model and modify it a bit), assign it to a formation, then set a trigger in some field using Makou Reactor (lots of examples exist) that initiates that battle with that formation.

Oh, I see! I have no trouble making a model or creating a trigger, I think, but as far as formations go, is that complex?
I'm very new to the modding scene and have no knowledge of coding, but I'm good at figuring stuff out if it doesn't require coding.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2017-10-09 22:06:40 »
Hmm. AI will require coding. Animation isn't the easiest part either. I think only kimera can modify animations, but I'm not sure how to create new ones.

Creating a new formation really isn't extremely hard. Use Proud Clod for that. Find a scene that has only two enemies in it with a formation that isn't used and insert your boss enemy there. Don't go over formation 999 though. The game treats anything higher than that as a non-encounter. I think anything in the first four scene files is fair game

jsn2001

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-10-09 22:25:28 »
Hmm. AI will require coding. Animation isn't the easiest part either. I think only kimera can modify animations, but I'm not sure how to create new ones.

Creating a new formation really isn't extremely hard. Use Proud Clod for that. Find a scene that has only two enemies in it with a formation that isn't used and insert your boss enemy there. Don't go over formation 999 though. The game treats anything higher than that as a non-encounter. I think anything in the first four scene files is fair game

Alright, thank you! I'll poke around and see what I can and can't do.
I appreciate your help!