Author Topic: JP translation, TEAM - looking for modder, IT, something.  (Read 2594 times)

vavrinko

• View Profile
Hi.
For long I have been iritated by the translation fo FF games being "adjusted to western audience" and I got and idea, that I could do some fan translation ,that would stay to the original (, no chan, kun, sama stuff if not necessary) and I am trying to assemble a team. Sort of.

I am looking for someone whou would help me to open files in FF games and make them editable so I could translate. My Japanese is ok. I can understand it when I hear it, so I think it could work.
Anybody up for it?

It goes without saying that there won't be any money in this I hope. It will be only for the community and one's satisfaction.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
Re: JP translation, TEAM - looking for modder, IT, something.
« Reply #1 on: 2017-07-07 16:37:58 »
Which Final Fantasy?
There are already some text editor and translation tools in Tools section.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-07-07 17:21:32 »
I've already got my hands full with a full near complete mod of FF7 with my own team.  But other ff's before ff9 would certainly seem to need some work or polishing.

vavrinko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-07-08 07:14:20 »
Any Final Fantasy really. I thought that we would decide which to start with when I find someone to help me. Only editors I found are for FF7 to FF 9. I wanted to re-translate all PC releases from 3 to Lightning Returns.