Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Doomtrain: GF Abilities <Solved>  (Read 3617 times)

Hazedge

• View Profile
Hey guys, I was messing around with the Doomtrain mod program and were having some issues with changing the GF's abilities.
There was abilites that I didn't even put there, heres some images:

I removed 2 abilities, n9 and n18
Spoiler: show

But ingame it goes like this
Spoiler: show

Are there some kind of rule to change the abilities through Doomtrain?
My goal is to remove totally the Stat-J abilites, like HP-J, MAG-J and so on... Because I'm making every character with unique stats that grows pretty high end game, combining with the bonuses 60%, 40% and 20% you can max to 255 some of their stats (not all of then, for example, Squall wont have MAG 255 even with 20% + 40% + 60% on, but will have STR 255 with 60% + 40%).
I know I can remove then with Amnesia Greens ingame, but I'm doing this mod to some friends of mine, I want to make the game work correctly.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-26 18:06:15 by Hazedge »

JWP

• View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] Doomtrain: GF Abilities
« Reply #1 on: 2018-07-12 18:26:34 »
Already learned abilities are stored in the save data and there is a file in partial save game format that is initially loaded when you start a new game (init.out), you would need to edit this file to change it for new games (see this thread) and your current save if is for an existing game (using Hyne for example).
Shuffling the abilities up (so the 2 last ones are blank instead) may fix the odd black skill problem but that's just a guess.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-12 18:31:46 by JWP »

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-13 05:38:15 »
ALSO are we able to rename things like HP + 20%...?
i've reduced the gains by half on my mod for eg... but obv still says + 20% instead of +10% in-game for now...

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-07-13 11:49:04 »
ALSO are we able to rename things like HP + 20%...?
i've reduced the gains by half on my mod for eg... but obv still says + 20% instead of +10% in-game for now...
Good point, it would be good to know where we can change the abilitie's name so when we change their value, we change the info as well and dont confuse the players whos playing the mod.

JWP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-13 15:35:08 »
I believe the names are also in kernel.bin but you need a different tool to edit them:
Carbuncle

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-07-13 20:40:47 »
I believe the names are also in kernel.bin but you need a different tool to edit them:
Carbuncle
THANKS i'll look into that :)

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2018-07-26 18:05:41 »
I finally found the answer to this problem about the empty abilites showing up!
If you leave at least one blank ability in the G-Force's Ability tab, there will be a blank in-game ability first than the others you choose in the Doomtrain mod.
To solve this, I simply repeated one ability of the tab and the game would overwrite it.

For example:
I've changed every ability of Quezacotl, but in these changed I left 1 ability blank on the list for some reason (don't had idea of what to put in so I just left it with 'none')
For it to work I just put another GFHP+10%. By doing this, the game wont put 2x GFHP+10% on the list, the game will overwrite it to show only 1 copy.