Author Topic: damn you ff7...  (Read 3957 times)

GKZ

damn you ff7...
« on: 2003-07-09 21:53:47 »
ff7 is soooooooooo phucking good and i figured since i got my new wingman wireless =) pwnage controller...id play it AGAIN!!!! but NOOOOOOOO microshyt has to suck...

so all i know is i ran the installer once, configed it (chocobo icon prog) it crashed...uninstalled and repeated this 2~3 times and all it does is open up and close right afterwards..i see like 1 second of a black screen before it closes =(

it *HAS* worked on this comptuer before..but i was usign my mobo's SiS 650 display adapter...now im using my agp's GeForce4 MX 440se...any support is appreciated

atzn

• View Profile
damn you ff7...
« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-09 22:12:29 »
Try patching your FF7.exe and FF7config.exe to v1.02.... that might help.

Here's the patch link:
http://aaronserv.dyndns.org/hosting/ffsf/patch.html

GKZ

damn you ff7...
« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-10 01:58:35 »
thx man ive been lookin for that like all day...someone on ngemu.com forums said they dled that patch...i really hope this works!!! thx tons

just curious..did it fix the "dupe items" bug you could easily do w/that yellow materia (double item?)

GKZ

damn you ff7...
« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-10 02:09:51 »
@#$#$^@ #% #@% @$ @#@% IT SITLL DOESNT OWRK!!!!!!! i dont have a clue whats wrong...

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
damn you ff7...
« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-10 20:04:16 »
You do not want to combine a Geforce card with the FF7.exe from the patch....it'll crash. The only time you use the FF7.exe from the patch is if the 8 bit pallet says failed. And the only way to do that with the new Det drivers is with Rivatuner......

But it's much simpler just to use the FF7.exe from the game....with the FF7config.exe from the patch.....AND.....this is just to get 3d Acceleration to work. Not to keep crashes away. If your game was crashing in Software Mode, before trying the patch.....YOur problem lies else where.

Now...let me get this straight.....the FF7config was crashing before that? Because that should work fine. Are you using WinXP? I don't have much experence with WinXP and FF7. I would suggest to use Win98SE with FF7PC, as it's more reliable.

Search the board for WinXP and FF7. You'll find workarounds. I just can't recall them on the top of my head....Something about compatibity mode and stuff like that.

GKZ

damn you ff7...
« Reply #5 on: 2003-07-10 23:49:59 »
nope winme...win98se is the best microshyt OS though...i ran so perfect on that...but i use winme for ICS...for some random microshyt reason win98se's ICS doesnt work.....i saw this OS in a magazine called Lindows...sounds promising...

tekwiz99

• View Profile
damn you ff7...
« Reply #6 on: 2003-07-11 05:40:44 »
Lindows has most basic level of windows support so far, you are better off to run FFvii on it though; and don't even think of running directX.