Author Topic: [FF7] Windowed Mode - FF7w (2.0.0.5)  (Read 67187 times)

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
FF7w Download (update from FF7win)
« Reply #50 on: 2005-02-13 15:44:50 »
Yeah, somehow that file is corrupted. When I first opened there where 2 save files, one with the 3 characters, and a second one with Cid and a shitload of characters, then I tried to save again, and the result was the Cid file again.

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005-02-13 15:47:11 »
uhh got a problem, the enable/disable option didnt work, i tired to turning off the save, hp and mp option by the numberpad with no numlock, it still not working

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #52 on: 2005-02-13 15:51:21 »
No not the ones in the Numpad, the ones above the letters "Normal Numbers". :)

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005-02-13 21:32:45 »
Hey bill is paying Oden to do a some super sepcial windowz attack.

CKtalon

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffrc.cjb.net
« Reply #54 on: 2005-02-13 23:54:06 »
Quote from: bulk_4me
Yeah, somehow that file is corrupted. When I first opened there where 2 save files, one with the 3 characters, and a second one with Cid and a shitload of characters, then I tried to save again, and the result was the Cid file again.
Man, that sucks..I converted it to a PSX save file and tried, and I got stuck at the same place too..despite..re-fighting JENOVA Death.. :x

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #55 on: 2005-02-14 18:38:34 »
Since I am such a nice guy... :lol: I fixed your SaveFile ;) , this was probably caused by the "Save Anywhere" plugin, so I highly recommend you to turn that off prior changing discs (hotkey: 3).

http://bulk4me.bwhacks.com/save07.ff7

This is how you can fix it by yourself:

Get Jenova and an Hex Editor.

1. Open the corrupted file in FF7 and save it to an empty "MemCard". Exit the Game.
2. Open the new SaveFile with your favorite Hex Editor and go to Offset 0xBA0.
3. Edit from 0XBA0 to 0xBB0 with the following values:
Code: [Select]
02 00 00 6B 01 A9 0E BC 00 80 AE 70 00 A5 02 00
4. Save the file.
5. Open the file with Jenova and edit a value (GP,GIL,etc.)
6. Save the file, and you will get the actual scene. ;)

CKtalon

• View Profile
    • http://www.ffrc.cjb.net
« Reply #56 on: 2005-02-15 09:30:29 »
THANKS!!!  :D
Back to playing  :lol:

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #57 on: 2005-02-15 15:23:32 »
No problema. 8)

Gibdos

« Reply #58 on: 2005-02-21 13:11:02 »
Hey, that's quite a nice plugin you have there.
But I have some suggestions and I came across some sort of bug.
First the bug:
When Aeris is taken by the Turks to the Shinra HQ you go to Elmyra (her mother) and then you are supposed to go to sector 6.
The Bug is, that there are two people sitting in front of the gate to sector 6.
Normally those to guys are just sitting there, when you bring Aeris to here mother, after you fell into the church.
And when I went to that church (because I couldn't get to sector 6) the scene starts, where Reno enters the church with 3 Shinra Soldiers. And I have to start over from there again.
You can pass that bug by just saving at the normal save point next to Aeris House and then load the game without FF7w.
Just wanted to inform you about this one.

Now to the suggestion.
A No Random Battle Cheat would be quite a nice thingy to add to the cheat plugin. Since I want to play the game because of the story not the annoying fighting stuff. (I already played through it without cheats. Even without materia^^)
Well if you wanna add this feature I would really thank you.
Maybe it helps you to know, that the No Random Battle for the World Map and the normal Maps are on different places in the memory. But I don't know them...

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005-02-21 16:18:30 »
Quote from: Gibdos

Now to the suggestion.
A No Random Battle Cheat would be quite a nice thingy to add to the cheat plugin.......Well if you wanna add this feature I would really thank you.
Maybe it helps you to know, that the No Random Battle for the World Map and the normal Maps are on different places in the memory. But I don't know them...

that not going to be easy cuz all RAndom Battle in normal and world map is in one

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #60 on: 2005-02-22 02:28:39 »
Mmmm, may be possible but I kinda feel it will mess up "Plot Battles", I am really back to Broodwar hacking with the new patch and all, so it may take a while for me to look if its a viable plugin. On the other side I was thinking in a "FF7 Iron Man" plugin, that makes battles more difficult.. What do you think?

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005-02-25 01:33:18 »
MMMMM go for it, bulk, if i use that plugin on Weapons, mmm let see if i can beat Emerald......

DarkestDream

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005-02-25 19:36:00 »
bulk, i found the bugs....... i was at Gaia's Cliff, then i want to view the map, then i click switch, then the screen turn into dark, as it suppose to then there is no map appearing, i have the map in my key item but it not appearing the map......so i try to switch back to normal screen it did, sadly it seem it not showing the map while i was using FF7w

Wraith30

« Reply #63 on: 2005-04-12 03:37:07 »
The null damage and MP cheat doesn't seem to work.  Is that because I'm using the Ultima Edition or is it something else?

Canim

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005-04-27 11:39:30 »
hi

i have a little question  :lol:

can you make that going on the german version pls

WBW Canim

b-chan009

« Reply #65 on: 2005-05-16 22:14:08 »
For some reason I get two black vertical bars during FMVs...they go away during actual gameplay however.  :isee:

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #66 on: 2005-05-18 04:01:23 »
Quote from: b-chan009
For some reason I get two black vertical bars during FMVs...they go away during actual gameplay however.  :isee:

I think someone wrote about that exact same thing somewhere else, but I can't remember where...

RPGillespie

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005-05-18 05:39:06 »
b_chan:  Thats becasue teh movies are trying to run in 32 bit color on a 16bit color engine in a 32 bit enviroment.. so basically, ff7 cant render 32 colros for the fmvs and it shits them up.  No fix for this, unfortunatly.

Cele

« Reply #68 on: 2005-05-23 01:30:58 »
I cannot get the windower to work with windows Xp. On the smaller resolution, it opens with horizontal bars across the entire screen, then when i hit enter it says

ff7.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

On the higher resolution, i get this error straight out. Whats the deal?

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #69 on: 2005-07-02 16:56:38 »
Quote from: Cele
I cannot get the windower to work with windows Xp. On the smaller resolution, it opens with horizontal bars across the entire screen, then when i hit enter it says

ff7.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

On the higher resolution, i get this error straight out. Whats the deal?

You need a new computer... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I got two new plugins. Run Patch (I just hate pressing cancel), and Limit Frenzy Plugin. Will release both of them in a couple of days.

Cele

« Reply #70 on: 2005-08-24 07:15:31 »
New computer? Highly unlikely. 3.4 processor, 256 Geforce6800 gt ultra, SP2.

I can run Doom3 at 60fps, but I cant run your little patch. But its my computer, right?

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
« Reply #71 on: 2005-08-24 07:32:13 »
Processor speeds and graphics cards determine how fast you can run a game.  Not that you can run a game.

Operating system, system-wide programs, anti-viruses, viruses, device drivers, system patches, software running under the system (SoftICE), graphics drivers, DirectX® version, etc., can all play a role in determining if a program can run.

And since these are all things that relate to each individual computer, when it comes to the question:
But its my computer, right?

The answer is, Yes, it is.
The problem is housed within the confines of the system you own and operate.

L. Spiro

Cele

« Reply #72 on: 2005-09-13 16:53:21 »
Rofl, its clear you have no idea what you're talking about. If you dont know how to fix the problem, shut the hell up and let someone who actually knows programming step in. "Its your state-of-the-art computers fault" is the equilivant of saying "I dont know what the problem is".

Sir_Brizz

« Reply #73 on: 2005-09-13 23:38:03 »
Yet all the signs point to it being a problem with YOUR computer.

Other people wth similar specs to yours have run it just fine, that doesn't bode well for your argument of "programming problem".

Borman

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005-09-14 00:38:07 »
Try running old dos games in Windows XP and tell me how many run perfect without an emulator. Most likely, there will be issues. Same deal here, uber PC does not mean compatability.