Author Topic: FF8 PC bug?  (Read 4943 times)

Anonymous

FF8 PC bug?
« on: 2001-04-11 09:34:00 »
I've been playing FF8 like MAD over the past few days, and have what may well be the best character stats in the history of the game legitimately obtained before disc 2 (all characters are level 90-100) and now here I am in the midst of disc 2. I've beaten this game before, just coming back through with a crowd of supermen (and women) and renaming Squall and Rinoa to represent me and muh gurl, but anyway, I'm engaged in combat against Galbadia garden, and I've been sent to the classroom to beat the paratroopers. Done. Nida didn't call me back to the bridge though, and I seen to be STUCK. I've checked strategy guides to confirm my memory, I'm supposed to be called back after beating the paratroopers in the classroom. I've just gone up to the bridge uninvited, Nida won't talk to me, so that obviously isn't the solution. Theres nobody else on the garden that isn't part of the background image  :) besides the kids cowering in the classroom with me. For the life of me I can't figure it out. I've even gone back to a save before the classroom ordeal, still happens. Talked to everyone I can, been everywhere, tried everything, looks like I've run into a loophole somewhere. Anyone have any clue whats goin on? I REALLY don't want to have to start over.

TongitzKing

• View Profile
FF8 PC bug?
« Reply #1 on: 2001-04-11 10:02:00 »
I always thought you just have to talk to the underclassmen and the person with her.  But I've seen you already tried that.  

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
FF8 PC bug?
« Reply #2 on: 2001-04-11 22:47:00 »
I guess your savegame got corrupt or something.....guess you can try a reinstall?

When you talk to the girl/pre-SeeD there, they are supposed to leave the room....and then when your running down the hall, the kid falls.....

Anonymous

FF8 PC bug?
« Reply #3 on: 2001-04-11 23:58:00 »
Well, they got up and moved this morning. Weird.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
FF8 PC bug?
« Reply #4 on: 2001-04-12 12:24:00 »
I actually ran into the same problem.. you do have to talk to the underclassmen.. but i think it was the girl you had to talk to she is harder to get to than the boy... i always thought that i could just talk to the boy or something like that but after you do that its fine..