Author Topic: FF7 Battle text  (Read 4073 times)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
FF7 Battle text
« on: 2009-02-24 16:20:59 »
Hey guys

I'd like to know if there's an utility to scan for all battle text quickly for ff7, namely for battle dialog (ex: guard scorpion in scene 82).

The only utility I currently know of that can do this is scene edit by M4v3r (once files are extracted with scene reader) but we need to open each scene file individually and look under each enemy under the script editor for the opcode 93 (Load String) for the argument that is the displayed text.  Going through the whole game this way would most likely take 100+ hours as each scene as over a 100 lines of code and there over 256 scene files with multiple enemies in each.

Is there another utility that could read the battle text more easily (or at least do a mass scene.bin search for occurrences of opcode 93) ?

There also are some artifacts in the text under scene edit (probably window and color codes I assume ?).

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: FF7 Battle text
« Reply #1 on: 2009-02-24 20:39:56 »
Hey guys

I'd like to know if there's an utility to scan for all battle text quickly for ff7, namely for battle dialog (ex: guard scorpion in scene 82).

The only utility I currently know of that can do this is scene edit by M4v3r (once files are extracted with scene reader) but we need to open each scene file individually and look under each enemy under the script editor for the opcode 93 (Load String) for the argument that is the displayed text.  Going through the whole game this way would most likely take 100+ hours as each scene as over a 100 lines of code and there over 256 scene files with multiple enemies in each.

Is there another utility that could read the battle text more easily (or at least do a mass scene.bin search for occurrences of opcode 93) ?

There also are some artifacts in the text under scene edit (probably window and color codes I assume ?).
There is! Check your inbox for a PM dated 2008-10-27.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-02-24 21:15:08 »
It can read battle text files ?

I hadn't gathered that from the description.  Guess that means I have to start playing with it!

Thanks.

Edit : I see how you set it up.  Ingenious.  It worked like a charm although I didn't use the binding function quite yet.  I should do that in the next few days as the first scene is officially complete - pending sound editing.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-25 00:42:32 by Marc »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-02-25 15:23:04 »
Hope you don't mind me asking but what is this program you speak off? I'm interested in it know anyway i could get it? Could be usefull for my patch.
« Last Edit: 2009-02-25 15:34:22 by ff7rules »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #4 on: 2009-02-25 17:33:33 »
Just a managing program for voice-over project. The only thing it has to do with battles is to parse the script and extract the text.