Author Topic: Is there any updated enemy models?  (Read 6125 times)

Livesey

• View Profile
Is there any updated enemy models?
« on: 2011-12-04 10:36:28 »
I've been looking around after I saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOn6fnwPTcA

Does anyone know what mods are used in this other than the Menu Overhaul?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any updated enemy models?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-04 10:38:08 »
Indeed. It's the illegal AC Mod.

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-04 11:20:46 »
Ahh =[ damn, even the enemy models huh?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-04 11:47:00 »
Yeah, sorry. I reconize the MP from Crisis Core.

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-12-04 13:01:39 »
=[ That makes me a sad panda, on another note just looking over old threads and came across Timu Sumisu's models, has there been any update on them? Sorry for all the questions I probably could find out but I have not found my footing on this forum yet. >.<

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #5 on: 2011-12-04 13:52:17 »
the only updated Enemy Models by timu (that i know of) are those for Team Avalanche's Bombing Mission project. they are currently unreleased awaiting completion of the project.

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-12-05 15:11:17 »
=/ That's a shame, Hey just out of curiosity what program do people use to make textures? Also is there any guides around this place?

EDIT: After looking at the Frequently asked Questions I discovered Timu's guide on modeling and have decided to give this a go myself, I may epicly fail and give up but hey it's worth a try I might have a knack for it =P Anyway my question is the programs he suggested Blender 2.60 and Python 2.7.2 just wanted to know if these are outdated?

EDIT: Okay after playing around in blender I got the very basics I don't know how to edit characters or even open them to display so I'm going to give Kimera a try and see if that works better for me. Also I am very confused about Python.

Still haven't figured out how to open the files in blender and as for Kimera I can open whole battle models and edit certain bits (which I'm assuming is individual .P files) however the interface of Kimera seems much less user friendly and it seems a slight mistake = a restart. I guess I'l keep toying around with it and see if there is anything I'm missing.

Okay so I've tried converting the Files with Biturn to .3DS to load with Blender but it seems to be an incorrect format for it?

I've tried on a few of Clouds models (RTAA and RTAO) But Blender seems to not understand .3ds or i am converting incorrectly can anyone provide me with some advice?
« Last Edit: 2011-12-10 23:38:12 by Livesey »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-12-11 13:04:16 »
Try converting to obj

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-12-12 13:06:12 »
Sadly my PC has begun acting up so I will have to wait to rapair it before downloading and attempting to convert to .OBJ I'll let you know the results as soon as my PC is back up and running.

EDIT: Fixed my PC somehow without completely wiping it of all files luckily so I didn't have to re-download anything.

I tried converting to.OBJ and blender still does not recognise it.. Maybe I have the wrong version or something I'm going to do some googling but if anyone has any insight of what is happening I would very much appreciate it,
« Last Edit: 2011-12-13 23:51:58 by Livesey »