Author Topic: skip PC FFVII intro video  (Read 7805 times)

okeee

• View Profile
skip PC FFVII intro video
« on: 2016-01-07 05:03:38 »
for (old) PC version of FFVII, is it possible to immediately skip the intro screens (eidos and square videos)? both files are located on the discs so i cant just delete them.

i prefer to not use any additional mods, rather changing some gamefiles or settings.

(also posted in general topic, but probably more suited here)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-07 06:04:53 by okeee »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: skip PC FFVII intro video
« Reply #1 on: 2016-01-07 05:30:52 »
There is a simple mod for that added into The Reunion, which I have included in the 7th Heaven Catalog as well. It uses Ctrl + S to skip cutscenes, however it's not perfect. In some cases, music won't immediately play after the skip until you enter a battle/exit a battle or move to another field scene. Also, if you do the skip too quickly, I've sometimes run into the screen going black but the game still running as normal behind the blackness.

okeee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-01-07 06:03:41 »
other cutscenes are fine with me, its just the video's at the start of a game. i prefer to not use any mods (except for the chocobo mod of course), so preferably i would change some of the settings of gamefiles.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2016-01-07 06:06:59 »
Not sure what it'd do, but you could find the intro AVI video and perhaps replace it with a 1 second video of the same name.

okeee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-01-07 07:22:19 »
the intro files are located on the disc, so i can't just replace or delete them.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-01-07 07:54:32 »
Ahh yes, forgot you are playing with the original discs. You could use the converter v0.11 and copy the movie files to the movies folder, but you stated that you prefer not to mod. I don't have any other suggestions :-\

okeee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-01-07 09:20:20 »
well i converted the discs to .iso files, but that is probably the same that i cant change the .iso contents?

BaconCatBug

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2016-01-15 20:10:53 »
Here is an iro I made that does that. Load it above the Media-Movies mod.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9rcO5sQ7ReFaXNCb1ppZFhnX1E/view?usp=sharing

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2016-01-15 20:20:28 »
There's two ways to skip them without using mods.

a) rename the movie file in the folder where movies are stored: the game won't be able to find the file and, unlike the Steam version, won't crash but instead just skip past it. The opening screens will appear black but will still be playing out normally. After Barret says his line 'follow me', open/close the party menu and this should make the screen visible again. Music should be restored after the first battle.

b) similar to above, but if you mount a new CD while hitting New Game at roughly the same time then you can skip past the opening FMV.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2016-01-15 21:26:44 »
You can have a 0 byte file with the same name and it will go straight to the credits. I hate that Eidos logo vid. :(