Poll

Which Scene do You Consider as the Saddest Final Fantasy VII Moment Ever?

The death of Aeris.
The death of Zack.

Author Topic: Saddest FFVII Moment  (Read 29898 times)

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
Re: Saddest FFVII Moment
« Reply #25 on: 2010-07-03 14:57:13 »
I felt like my mind had been raped by that game after I played the fourth route. And then again after the fifth one. Nasu seems to be very good at f*cking with people's brains. He did the same thing in Heaven's Feel in Fate/Stay in the Kitchen, so I should really have known better, but I didn't... :'(

Did not like Heavens Feel that much, UBW was the best, because it was the only ending in which I see the Hero doesn't get massively screwed over. Well, except for the whole Grandfather paradox bit.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-07-03 17:17:34 »
I'd have to say saddest for me was Red XIII and his pops after that one Gi fight.

Happiest moment (you all will hate me) Aeris death scene :-D

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-07-03 19:09:36 »
i think blood effects would take away from the scene, its become such a pristine, and innocent scene of violence, that high quality effects would influence the feeling greatly.
more like censored to me when I got a taste and idea of what it could looks like from ACC. I sorta imagine Cloud and Aerith being in their own clean and glowy world, flashes of Sephiroth descending, back to glowy world, then *SHIIK!* blade runs through Aerith, like an intruder between Cloud and Aerith.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-07-03 21:22:54 »
i think blood effects would take away from the scene, its become such a pristine, and innocent scene of violence, that high quality effects would influence the feeling greatly.
more like censored to me when I got a taste and idea of what it could looks like from ACC. I sorta imagine Cloud and Aerith being in their own clean and glowy world, flashes of Sephiroth descending, back to glowy world, then *SHIIK!* blade runs through Aerith, like an intruder between Cloud and Aerith.

I agree with Timu on this; also, blood would make the scene look like any other murder scene in an action movie aimed at teenage boys. The scene is also so stylised that realism isn't much of an issue. Nope, it works much better without blood everywhere.

Oh, and have a look at the legend of Masamune; it's extremely relevant. ;D

I felt like my mind had been raped by that game after I played the fourth route. And then again after the fifth one. Nasu seems to be very good at f*cking with people's brains. He did the same thing in Heaven's Feel in Fate/Stay in the Kitchen, so I should really have known better, but I didn't... :'(

Did not like Heavens Feel that much, UBW was the best, because it was the only ending in which I see the Hero doesn't get massively screwed over. Well, except for the whole Grandfather paradox bit.

I didn't like Heaven's Feel because of the aforementioned mind rape :-P

I didn't much like UBW either, because I'm not particularly fond of either Archer or Rin. I actually enjoyed Fate, even though the storyline was more obvious and it was the least Nasu-like of the routes. Hmph, maybe nostalgia is influencing me ;D

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-07-03 23:16:00 »
This. Not really on topic but the masamune is supposed to be a good sword right? Wonder why it was used by Sephiroth to kill innocent people.

« Last Edit: 2010-07-04 01:57:39 by nikfrozty »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-07-04 01:23:26 »
Has anyone even voted?  "View Results" ain't showin' anythin'.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-07-04 01:25:07 »
It's showin' sumthin' for me... ???

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-07-04 01:40:50 »
Ah, there we go.

Okay.  Never mind then.  It was nothing :)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-07-04 05:47:56 »
This. Not really on topic but the masamune is supposed to be a good sword right? Wonder why it was used by Sephiroth to kill innocent people.

I can understand what she meant that it was not supposed to be bloodthirsty. But then again it wouldn't have been able to kill Aerith in that style.

Sad to say that Cloud gets the unholy of the two.

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-07-04 12:37:51 »
the saddest part in ff7 is when zack dies. but not because of zack's death.

because he egoistically pushes his own dreams onto cloud, as if trying to live on through him (as seen in ff7cc ending).

also, if you saw ff7acc, you'll know that zack desperately wants cloud to live, because he is the proof of zack's existence. that's probably why cloud is resurrected at the end of the movie (i doubt he survived that explosion).

when i saw that, it ruined all ff7 for me. cloud looks like he is merely doing zack's will, when he is not doing sephiroth's will. it really watered down the importance of cloud in the story. also, the movie makes us feel as if it's not cloud that defeats sephiroth - it seems as if zack and aeris did it.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-07-04 12:55:07 »
Zack was just there for emotional support.  But the minute Aeris invisibly casted Fury Brand on Cloud, poor Sephy was screwed...

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-07-04 15:29:57 »
the saddest part in ff7 is when zack dies. but not because of zack's death.

because he egoistically pushes his own dreams onto cloud, as if trying to live on through him (as seen in ff7cc ending).

also, if you saw ff7acc, you'll know that zack desperately wants cloud to live, because he is the proof of zack's existence. that's probably why cloud is resurrected at the end of the movie (i doubt he survived that explosion).

when i saw that, it ruined all ff7 for me. cloud looks like he is merely doing zack's will, when he is not doing sephiroth's will. it really watered down the importance of cloud in the story. also, the movie makes us feel as if it's not cloud that defeats sephiroth - it seems as if zack and aeris did it.
I think differently. I see it as Zack being an inspiration for Cloud to defeat Sephiroth and he does defeat Sephiroth while Meteor is still going to fall on to earth. That's when Aeris comes in. So for me Cloud defeats Sephiroth while Aeris protects their world from being destroyed. All of this wouldn't happen if Zack didn't defended Cloud till his death so Cloud is all that connects this people. :)

dragowulf

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-07-04 19:12:53 »
Honestly, I wasn't even a little bit sad when Aeris died.  I didn't like her at all.  She sucked in battle and was an annoying character (at least for me).

On the other hand I liked Zach and his death in Crisis Core was sad for me.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-07-04 20:02:56 »
Honestly, I wasn't even a little bit sad when Aeris died.  I didn't like her at all.  She sucked in battle and was an annoying character (at least for me).

On the other hand I liked Zach and his death in Crisis Core was sad for me.
Actually I felt alittle sad that Jessie died. I think her and Cloud pairing is awesome. She'll make him go BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-07-04 20:09:56 »
in FF7 zacks death didn't effect me much, neither did aerith's. Seto's scene seemed to touch me the most.

however when i played CC, during the whole story i knew he was going to die. Yet i never stopped wishing that somehow, someway Zack would not die.
Too my disappointment he did die, and i had to hold the tears back, even though i knew this was how it was going to end.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-07-05 11:47:20 »
in FF7 zacks death didn't effect me much, neither did aerith's. Seto's scene seemed to touch me the most.

however when i played CC, during the whole story i knew he was going to die. Yet i never stopped wishing that somehow, someway Zack would not die.
Too my disappointment he did die, and i had to hold the tears back, even though i knew this was how it was going to end.
I felt the same way like you too. Although I think I could've really shed a tear there its just that I already that Zack was going to die so its like the ending was already spoiled to me.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-07-05 12:48:14 »
I know someone whose first Final Fantasy game was Crisis Core.  He didn't even realize that there was another FF7.  He thought that was it.  So he had no idea that Zack was doomed.

It's funny, though, because he played to the end of the game and was utterly confused to no end by Zack's death.  He approached me one day, said something along the lines of "you play Final Fantasy, right?  You know FF7?  What was up with the ending?  I mean, after everything that happened in the game, he just... died in the end?  WTH!?"

It confused me at first, but after some more conversation, I figured out what he was talking about, and I was like "uh... dude..."

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-07-05 17:52:15 »
I know someone whose first Final Fantasy game was Crisis Core.  He didn't even realize that there was another FF7.  He thought that was it.  So he had no idea that Zack was doomed.

It's funny, though, because he played to the end of the game and was utterly confused to no end by Zack's death.  He approached me one day, said something along the lines of "you play Final Fantasy, right?  You know FF7?  What was up with the ending?  I mean, after everything that happened in the game, he just... died in the end?  WTH!?"

It confused me at first, but after some more conversation, I figured out what he was talking about, and I was like "uh... dude..."
What, a martyr ending is very classic. Joan of Arc, King Arthur, Jesus!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-07-05 18:10:08 »
Martyr endings are very clichéd and hard to believe due to the stories sounding so one-sided.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-07-05 18:31:45 »
Martyr endings are very clichéd and hard to believe due to the stories sounding so one-sided.
But Jesus and King Arthur are two of the most well known stories.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-07-05 18:34:04 »

In these cases, they are responsible for the clichés rather than being guilty of them, but they're still both very unrealistic, one-sided stories.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-07-05 18:36:31 »
In these cases, they are responsible for the clichés rather than being guilty of them, but they're still both very unrealistic, one-sided stories.
ITT we trivialize people who died for something they strongly believe in?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-07-05 18:44:01 »

How about:

ITT we recognise that things aren't as simple and black-and-white as good guys dying at the hands of bad guys for what they believe in. Leaving aside the fact that both stories almost certainly have very little basis in fact, we're only getting one side of the story in both cases. The stories say that Arthur and Jesus died fighting barbarians, but their opponents (had they cared to write about them) would have said that they were the barbarians and were no more martyrs than anyone else who died in war or was executed for political reasons.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-07-05 20:38:29 »

How about:

ITT we recognise that things aren't as simple and black-and-white as good guys dying at the hands of bad guys for what they believe in. Leaving aside the fact that both stories almost certainly have very little basis in fact, we're only getting one side of the story in both cases. The stories say that Arthur and Jesus died fighting barbarians, but their opponents (had they cared to write about them) would have said that they were the barbarians and were no more martyrs than anyone else who died in war or was executed for political reasons.
It wasn't all black and white for both stories. Author had his part in creating his own end (Mordrid), and had been weakening in his faith. The roman general in charge or whatever his postion was, actually didn't want to kill Jesus but had to in order to keep control of the local church and state.

I tend to read alot X3

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-07-05 21:24:31 »
They're still black-and-white enough to make them hard to believe, thus reducing the amount of sympathy I can feel for them.  ???