Author Topic: FF7:AC  (Read 29568 times)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
FF7:AC
« Reply #50 on: 2006-02-01 01:44:09 »
Quote from: Midgar
Also Otokoshi, people are commenting on the movie I doubt anyone would have not watched it and then come here, unless if they were looking for comments and a few spoilers, then again maybe not... ??

Exactly my point.  You don't know why people would look at a particular forum thread.  Making assumptions is the fools trade.  Someone might come to this thread thinking it has release information or something.  Seeing as how the only legal copy you can get at the moment is in the Japanese language.  I was just being considerate and I'm sure that is not against the forum rules.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006-02-01 06:57:28 »
I'm sorry to go off-topic but i have to ask...
what the fuzzor is:

Quote from: RW_66
Just my two cents...

I see it a lot and its kinda guy cus it reminds me of a lame rip-off of 50cent (whos sucks even more imho)...

Well if its something rap culturish i'll prolly never understand.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006-02-01 10:40:53 »
Its the equivilant of saying, Its just my opinion.

And i have no idea how it originated but its been a very common saying for quite some time. It might have originated over here because we used to have 1c & 2c coins but thats just a wild stab in the dark.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006-02-01 11:44:08 »
Quote from: smithie
Its the equivilant of saying, Its just my opinion.

And i have no idea how it originated but its been a very common saying for quite some time. It might have originated over here because we used to have 1c & 2c coins but thats just a wild stab in the dark.

yeah we have the 1c en 2c too but no one here says it :o

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006-02-01 12:24:43 »
Quote from: chaoscontrol
yeah we have the 1c en 2c too but no one here says it :o

By over here i mean Australia, where are you?

The sayings been around before i was born, its even on The Simpsons with Kent Brockmans "My Two Cents" segment.
1c & 2c havent been around since i was about 7 however and the lowest coin you can currently get here is 5c.

Anyway... all thats rather pointless, here's a link for info about it. It's meaning and origin and stuff like that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_two_cents_%28idiom%29
hope that satifies your curiousity.

holy crap i haven't be able to spell correctly lately, or make much sense, what the hells wrong with me???

RW_66

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006-02-01 17:53:05 »
I see it a lot and its kinda guy cus it reminds me of a lame rip-off of 50cent (whos sucks even more imho)...

Well if its something rap culturish i'll prolly never understand.

Actually, the saying dates back to the American Civil War, when the cost of postage was 2 cents. Hence, it is a very old expression. I'm not a rap listener, I like my Pink Floyd, Rush, and Led Zepplin  way too much. :)

You have heard of john woo havent you?(I hope ive got the name correct  ) everything in the matrix has been done before, bullet trails, slow motion and even those cool little bits where they flick the gun up with their foot. It was the story that was original, but even then alot of it was influenced by anime and various other stuff.

Yes, I have seen  1 or 2 John Woo flicks. The Matrix may or may not have directly innovated any of the effects, but you have to admit.. it was the first to really put it all together in one heck of a package.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006-02-01 20:12:53 »
but you have to admit.. it was the first to really put it all together in one heck of a package.

Yea... ill admit that. I had no idea of what to expect when i went to see it the first time because no one would tell me anything about it & i wasn't interested in finding out because i had never really heard about it, but it was awesome :wicked: .

Have you ever seen Versus? There's a funny matrix rip off towards the end where he try's to dodge a bullet from a huge sniper rifle(cannon more like it) it hits him dead on and blows him in half.

Led Zepplin

Yay.. another Led Zepplin fan. Its the only band ive ever bothered buying the cd's for. hehe.

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #57 on: 2006-02-15 01:18:49 »
Well at least the voice actors for english dub are announced:

Cloud Strife: Steve Burton
Tifa Lockhart: Rachael Leigh Cook
Kadaj: Steve Staley
Rufus Shinra: Wally Wingert
Reno: Quinton Flynn
Rude: Crispin Freeman
Yazoo: Dave Wittenberg
Loz: Fred Tatasciore
Vincent Valentine: Steve Blum
Barett Wallace: Beau Billingslea
Cid Highwind: Chris Edgerly
Yuffie Kisaragi: Christy Romano
Cait Sith: Gregg Ellis
Red XIII: Liam O'Brien
Reeve: Jamieson Price
Tseng: Ryun Yu
Elena: Bettina Bush
Marlene: Wallace Grace Rolek
Denzel: Benjamin Bryan
Girl: Andrea Bowen
Zack: Rick Gomez
Aerith Gainsborough: Mena Suvari
Sephiroth: George Newbern

(From here)

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006-02-15 02:22:35 »
The special features dont look half bad either in the tin box edition.

see here - http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/781726

Thats usually where i get all my dvd's from.

Winter

« Reply #59 on: 2006-02-15 07:24:05 »
Have you got some samples from Steve Burton's voice? I'd like to hear it.

Zack

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006-02-15 15:14:13 »
Seems the official USA release date is April 25th.

http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2006/0213/

Sadly it will probably take several more months before it reached Europe. Looks like I'll have to import it.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006-02-15 22:47:28 »
"Sneak Peek" of the Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Games

I wonder if this was meant to be:
Sneak Peek of the Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Game
- or -
Sneak Peek of the Upcoming FINAL FANTASY Games

That special feature wasn't listed on the link that i provided so i wonder how true it is, the second one would make sense but not the first.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006-02-16 07:16:44 »
Quote from: smithie
"Sneak Peek" of the Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Games

I wonder if this was meant to be:
Sneak Peek of the Upcoming FINAL FANTASY VII Game
- or -
Sneak Peek of the Upcoming FINAL FANTASY Games

That special feature wasn't listed on the link that i provided so i wonder how true it is, the second one would make sense but not the first.

On the dvd or cinema?
cus the dvd has a sneak preview on some games like dirge of cerberus (which is released already in japan)

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006-02-16 07:44:02 »
On the dvd or cinema?

Yea, on the special features dvd - listed in the previous links
here : http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/781726
&
here : http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2006/0213/

Special Features:
    11 never-before-seen deleted scenes
    'Reminiscence of Final Fantasy VII' story digest feature brings viewers up to date with the story from the videogame
    'Distance' documentary on the making of the movie
    Behind-the-scenes feature on the film’s screening at the Venice Film Festival
    Trailers [/list:u]

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006-02-16 11:03:17 »
Quote from: Winter
Have you got some samples from Steve Burton's voice? I'd like to hear it.

He is on an American daytime "soap opera."  Here is a link to his mug.  In my own opinion, if they ever made a Devil May Cry movie, he would make a convincing Dante.

Voice samples?  Well I won't put you through watching "General Hospital."  He was in a brief TV series called "Taken."  Here is a trailer where you briefly hear his voice. LINK
He also was in the 2001 movie "The Last Castle."  Here is a LINK to view that one.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006-02-18 23:42:57 »
Sometimes I don't get Squaresoft. Its like they purposely make us feel bad, by making everything in Japan nicer, and first, until they made the Weapons appear on ours, and not on their own. =D I think its a clever marketing ploy, to make us sad, then they kindly surprise us with a sign of goodwill. Oh yeah in case I sounded off topic I was talking about those supposed "never before seen deleted scenes". Hopefully they will lenthen Zack in the truck, like make a miniture Last Order. But then again, I hate how they renamed Aeris into "Aerith". It just looks so mispelled and stupid to me...

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006-02-19 00:03:49 »
The deleted scenes aren't in the movie. The movie's unchanged, there is two cd's in the box 'movie' + 'special features'.

If you want to see one of the deleted scenes go watch threw all the trailers on the jap website, one of them has a part on the moterbikes thats was never in the movie.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006-02-19 18:30:54 »
Arrrg Squaresoft! You monsters! I should have know it was too good to be true! I wonder what exactly makes Final Fantasy so much better than any other RPG? Is it because its famous? Is it because Squaresoft made Einhander, Parasite Eve, and Chrono Trigger, so I expect the same from Final Fantasy? Is it because people play VII once and then they are addicted to Chocobos, Mogs, and Bahamut? Weird, its like cocaine in the game...

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006-02-19 20:20:10 »
If you want to find out why its addictive, search around for information on repetition. As odd as it sounds one of the key reasons the game is addictive is due the repetiveness of the gameplay & the feeling of earning something, its the same with card games like solitare, free cell and all those.

Its got to do with some gland that produces a drug within your brain, some people are more affected by it than others. There was recienly a thing on the news about a drug that cause the gland to produce too much & was linked with people getting addicted to gambling and slot machines.

... here we go found an article on it.
Parkinson's Drug Article

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006-02-19 22:01:10 »
Whoa smithie, you are a treasure trove of information! That was very helpful, but what about treatment? Pramipexole would be bad for us, and dopamine would be good?

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006-02-19 23:05:15 »
No idea, those people just stopped taking it. It never mention's what they take instead i dont think.

Theres another article somewhere about the repitition aspect but i cannot really be bothered looking for it.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006-02-19 23:15:20 »
Thanks, I will just search for it myself.

iceydamo

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006-02-24 10:11:19 »
silver screen has a release date for advent children on april 27th in the uk

AdamskiAirsoft

Re: FF7:AC
« Reply #73 on: 2006-07-01 22:09:19 »
Great movie. I had seen both language versions online already, however I was concerned because the subtitles for the Japanese version was made by an unaffiliated person, and there were some scenes where the dialouge was different between the two languages.

The actual movie of course comes in higher quality, with official and true subtitles. It comes in English and Japanese, with english, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, thai, Mandarin, and Cantonese subtitles.

It's a great movie, and I highly recommend listening to the japanese voice acting instead with english subtitles. I've never liked japanese voices over english in the past, but here they are an exception to me. Each voice fits perfectly to the character and has much more enthusiasm then the english ones.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
Re: FF7:AC
« Reply #74 on: 2006-07-01 23:32:54 »
So, does it take place before the game? it can't be after as Rufus dies during the game...

*edit* and so does Zack, Tseng, and (duh) Sephiroth.