Author Topic: FF7Music Issue (Yes, I read the sticky.)  (Read 3081 times)

JSD324

FF7Music Issue (Yes, I read the sticky.)
« on: 2008-04-03 19:22:29 »
Hello. I recently installed the FF7Music patch into my PC version, and there's a tiny issue.

I set it to use my OST, and it all plays fine, except the MIDIs overlap with the mp3s.
I solved this by turning down the Music in game.

However, for some reason, while the patch is active, the option to turn down music also turns down Sound Effects. I don't want to be forced to use MIDIs, and I don't want to go without SFX.... so, could someone kindly assist me?

EDIT: If all else fails, it seems the original playstation files work... although they turn down SFX, too... it seems they properly mute the midis, so I don't have to turn anything down. I'll just use them if I can't get the OST working.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-04 05:31:28 by JSD324 »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: FF7Music Issue (Yes, I read the sticky.)
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-04 02:39:23 »
Exactly what SFX sounds are being turned down?

If you have a program that edits MIDI files, you can try opening up midi.lgp and one by one editing all of the MIDIs you don't want to hear to be silent.
Then repackage the lgp.    I still haven't had the chance to try this, so let me know if it works or not.

Also, deleting the MIDIs will work, however the music will start over when you move to a new area.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-04 04:41:06 »
Or under your soundcard options you can just mute MIDI playback.

JSD324

« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-04 04:59:50 »
Exactly what SFX sounds are being turned down?

It's all the sound effects. No noise from the menu, no sounds in battle, none of that.

If you have a program that edits MIDI files, you can try opening up midi.lgp and one by one editing all of the MIDIs you don't want to hear to be silent.
Then repackage the lgp.    I still haven't had the chance to try this, so let me know if it works or not.

Afraid I dunno how to edit MIDIs...

Also, deleting the MIDIs will work, however the music will start over when you move to a new area.

That's odd... and it'd be annoying... but it'll be my last ditch effort...

I'm assuming the SFX are midi, too... and they're effected somehow... is that right?
« Last Edit: 2008-04-04 05:08:43 by JSD324 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-04 16:25:17 »
No the SFX are not in the MIDI lgp.    If I were to guess, I'd say they are probably located in the FF7.exe.   You may want to try what Otokoshi suggested.

When you open the ingame menu and configure the sound option, are you sure you didn't slide both the midi and sfx adjuster to 0?  Just want to cover all bases.

JSD324

« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-04 17:18:58 »
No the SFX are not in the MIDI lgp.    If I were to guess, I'd say they are probably located in the FF7.exe.   You may want to try what Otokoshi suggested.

When you open the ingame menu and configure the sound option, are you sure you didn't slide both the midi and sfx adjuster to 0?  Just want to cover all bases.

Positive. If you slide the SFX adjuster, it'll mute just the FX.

If you slide the MIDI slider, both MIDIS and SFX are lowered at the same rate.