Author Topic: NPC RP .6 problem...  (Read 4133 times)

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
NPC RP .6 problem...
« on: 2008-04-06 14:57:04 »
I tried installing it, and everything goes fine except when I try to create a new char.lgp at the end, I ALWAYS get a stream read error... it varies how much of the file I get (sometimes it seems I get about half the correct size, sometimes around 75%), but there is always a stream read error.  Any idea whats causing this, and ways around it?

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
Re: NPC RP .6 problem...
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-06 15:08:13 »
Also I run Vista.  And for an update, I now have 4 different lgp files, all with different sizes.  So I have no idea what the problem is but everytime it apparently gets hung up at a different spot.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-06 20:10:32 by HeavensCloud »

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-06 16:32:02 »
Also one other issue that I may as well put in this thread while I'm at it...

Movies work fine for me, but at the end of the movie the screen goes black and I have to enter and exit the menu to see anything.  The game doesn't freeze, I just have to enter/exit to get it to come back.  Is this normal for the PC version or is there a conflict somewhere?

I really want to get this all to work... spent a lot of hours the past few days editing my FF7 music so it would loop properly for the game, and now I can't get the game to work :( 

Hopefully I can figure out what to do, if not I'll have to wait for Square to deliver a proper remake

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-06 20:28:36 »
Hopefully I can figure out what to do, if not I'll have to wait for Square to deliver a proper remake

You'll be waiting a hella long time :-P

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-06 22:17:26 »
i suggest using the new prp mod's files http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7422.0

download and run the install like it says but take the lgp files that it makes and replace ur chars file with it....if u read the forum me and atleast one other guy has explained it...idk if it works on vista tho

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-06 22:28:06 »
Yeah I've actually been able to get the updated version to work but kind of hoping to get .6 working... I want the sword on Cloud's back lol.  And I noticed you mentioned Materia on the grounds not visible, that could hurt me as I haven't played the game in about 8 years...

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-06 22:33:35 »
lol o ok, well i cant help u with the .6...i never could get it to work either lol....mine wouldnt give me an error, but it would crahs randomly during gameplay i think lpg tools was skipping files or something....cause i got it to work for a longer amount of times a acouple times but i never could get to the first save point (if i started a new game)

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-04-07 00:43:56 »
Well if anyone can contact me via pm there is another way I can get the char.lgp...  :-P  (only looking for the .6 version, not the newer one)

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-04-07 02:30:46 »
Well randomly it finally decided to work and give me the char.lgp.. however NOW, I have a whole other mess.

I set up my FFmusic already, and when I run FF7 from FF7music, I get my music, but the models aren't updated.  If I run FF7 normally I get my models but can't get the music... wtf :(  Any answers?  Do I need a full reinstall or what?

EDIT:  OK, everything I need to work is working now, I just reinstalled it in the proper order.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-07 04:24:21 by HeavensCloud »