Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839523 times)

pedro1427

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10700 on: 2021-03-01 19:02:53 »
Ran into a couple more issues in disc 3.
Cannot get Tifa's Level 4 limit break - I've played the piano at all opportunities, but it never releases the item, as I think it should? Unless the melody changed, in which case I am lost!
Lucrecia's cave - after the conversation, no items received. I am removed from cave. When re-entering she is gone. Tried with and without Vincent in party.
The armour item under the Avalanche mansion - does it have a use?
One last thing - the guy on the Highwind who tells me about sidecontent says there is something in the Shinra mansion. Does this just refer to the safe? Because I have done that, and did the Cloud flashback for his limit.
Many thanks for your ongoing help - really appreciated, and I love the mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10701 on: 2021-03-02 01:05:47 »
Hi, this is a wonderful mod and I've a few questions and suggestions.

I'm playing the newest version with the Seventh Heaven mod, the light dialogue changes are integrated in NT 2.0 right (either standard or rearranged)?
I don't have to download The Reunion mod (since I don't like the retranslation) ?

The rearranged events mode is definitely 'how it should be'  plot-wise, very well done, and the saving Aerith feature is absolutely smooth.
I watched a video section on it, and to save Aerith, I used the Odin Summon to remove her from that battle. Does it also work if you defeat Jenova in that battle while not attacking Aerith?

What's missing to make it perfect is some internal dialogue during that battle, (similar to in-battle dialogue tips in FF8), where the involved characters say a few lines on what to do in a situation.

I found a funny bug where during the Shinra execution scene, Aerith's model is still miniature while everyone else's was different.

With the HD graphics, this is definitely the ideal Remaking, if not better than the REMAKE itself.

Finally, if you could design some additional WEAPONS bosses in the world map, it'd be awesome and epic.
Like an actual fight with Sapphire Weapon (the one that attacked Junon), and then Jade and Omega as additional optional bosses.

The text & dialogue in the game had a few sweeps; it's a mix of unaltered lines, lines restored to the Playstation version (PC port had some changes), and then stuff I've given a once over. I tried to make sure everything 'fits' but it isn't a retranslation or anything like that (though sometimes I referred to translations if I was stumped by something).

I think the original events are a lot better than the Type B events personally, but I reckon they work as something different, or as a novelty, at least.

The way that I have the game detect the outcome of that fight was hacky; it's based on Gil received after the battle. Certain commands that deal insta-death have the effect of reducing the gil given by enemies killed by it to 0 so I guess that's why that happens. Good news is that I learned after the build went out that you can access most field variables from the battle so I can change this to use a variable instead.

If you use a model mod, then any model that was newly added to NT's char.lgp and which didn't exist in the base game won't be covered by it.

I'm afraid adding new Weapon encounters to the World Map is well outside what I'd be capable of doing.

Finishing touch insta-killed the type B playthrough monster in the safe in the shrinra mansion o.o....   imagine my shock when I used it as the very first turn of the battle and won without realizing it lol...  intended?   Tried putting the spliter material slow with added effect in clouds weapon.  Doesn't seem to be doing anything although casting that slow actually slows enemies.   Is it because slow has gravity next to its ability list?

Is the Type B monster in the Safe that Yin-Yang looking thing? I guess I left it vulnerable to KO by accident or something. Materia have their own set of statuses that they apply (set by flags) so it's probably just a case of the Slow Materia not having the Slow status set to it. One way to check is putting it with Added Status in someone's armour and seeing if it is highlighted white in the character's status defence (to check this, go to Status and on the character's page press confirm to cycle to it).

I'm currently playing through Type-B (Temple of the Ancients) and the Item Placement Document says that the Powersoul drops from the Demons Gate. When I was supposed to fight the Demons Gate, I had a different encounter. Wondering if I missed something or if the Powersoul is no longer obtainable in Type-B?

It should have dropped from the replacement boss, but there was an issue in 1.5 where the exact same enemy had Powersoul set as a drop but wouldn't drop it. If that's the case, I'll try the fix I used for that on this guy.

Ran into a couple more issues in disc 3.
Cannot get Tifa's Level 4 limit break - I've played the piano at all opportunities, but it never releases the item, as I think it should? Unless the melody changed, in which case I am lost!
Lucrecia's cave - after the conversation, no items received. I am removed from cave. When re-entering she is gone. Tried with and without Vincent in party.
The armour item under the Avalanche mansion - does it have a use?
One last thing - the guy on the Highwind who tells me about sidecontent says there is something in the Shinra mansion. Does this just refer to the safe? Because I have done that, and did the Cloud flashback for his limit.
Many thanks for your ongoing help - really appreciated, and I love the mod.

I think she needs to be party leader due to some holdover scripting from 1.5. To set this, head to the bottom of the North Crater then come back; a new NPC in the Operations Room handles party leader swap.

Lucrecia's Cave needs two visits, with a 'cooldown' before the 2nd visit will trigger (based on battles fought, similar to the cooldown for chocobo breeding). After the conversation + flashback, you'll need to check back in now and then later after fighting random battles for the next part to start. I could maybe try and change this; it's how it works in the default game but can be a nuisance to deal with.

The armour item I think is used to make a Masamune; if you go to the blue house on the world map that is close to Gongaga then the guy inside will have a list of materials needed for it, with that plate being one of them.

The NPC on the Highwind is referring to Cloud's Flashback, yeah.

LVaulth

• View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: 2021-03-02 01:53:36 »
Hi, thanks for upkeeping with answers to comments!
Wait, so Aeris can only be saved by insta-death at the moment...? what if the player doesn't attack her during that fight and kill Jenova first?

I'm on disc 3 now, where is the Glacier Chocobo that holds the W-Item materia? I searched the entire Great Glacier but cannot find it...
also, the doc says the X-Attack(4x) materia is from the Kalm Traveler, is that the same guy that asks for Desert Rose, Earth Harp, and Guidebook?

I'm level 65ish, and in Type B Mode, there is no Underwater Materia to fight Emerald Weapon, and Ruby weapon is immune to dazers, can swirling sand the remaining character away while the other two are K.O.'ed, and kills party with Cometeor and the other attack. KotR only has 1 charge, how do you beat this guy...? need level 99?
These Ruby/Emerald Weapon versions are not in Type A Mode right?
« Last Edit: 2021-03-02 02:28:49 by LVaulth »

LVaulth

• View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: 2021-03-02 09:24:18 »
Ok, I figured it out, the Weapons seem to be the reversed versions of themselves... I had to use invincible cheat to kill them, lol.

Btw, the first form of Sephiroth takes 20 years to make an attack, he's still slow at 3x speed boost, you should speed up that animation for next launch.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: 2021-03-02 13:35:23 »
Hi, thanks for upkeeping with answers to comments!
Wait, so Aeris can only be saved by insta-death at the moment...? what if the player doesn't attack her during that fight and kill Jenova first?

I'm on disc 3 now, where is the Glacier Chocobo that holds the W-Item materia? I searched the entire Great Glacier but cannot find it...
also, the doc says the X-Attack(4x) materia is from the Kalm Traveler, is that the same guy that asks for Desert Rose, Earth Harp, and Guidebook?

I'm level 65ish, and in Type B Mode, there is no Underwater Materia to fight Emerald Weapon, and Ruby weapon is immune to dazers, can swirling sand the remaining character away while the other two are K.O.'ed, and kills party with Cometeor and the other attack. KotR only has 1 charge, how do you beat this guy...? need level 99?

The insta-KO is an oversight, not the intended way. She can be attacked during the fight, so long as her HP doesn't drop to 0. If she's still up when the boss is defeated then it's considered a save. I'll add an improvement to the AI to replace the old hacky check that's currently in place.

Glacier Chocobo is on the tree bridge area (landmark close to centre on the Glacier map).

Kalm Traveller gives 3 extra things once he gets the three items as a bonus; so X-Attack, Core Materia, and the other thing are given once all 3 are handed in (this is in addition to the single trades; gold chocobo, etc.)

I rewrote Ruby and Emerald's AI more or less. The original setup is that Ruby will use Whirlsand to reduce the active party down to 1 before engaging his claws. The problem with this is that it's random-target and can be beaten by going into the fight with 2 party members KO'd, reviving them once the claws are dug in.

So for 1.5 and 2.0 I rewrote the AI; he'll only use Whirlsand if you end up with just 1 character left alive (and if the claws are out of the sand) so you need to be careful in managing your party and keeping people alive when you can. He won't use Whirling Sand so long as at least 2 people are alive (or if his claws are dug into the sand).

I would go for a high magic defence and MBarrier for Ruby as he has a lot of high-powered magic attacks like Comet2 and Ultima. Some can be mitigated elementally like Ruby Flame and Cinder Drift if you have fire protection. Shield can be handy if you need some breathing space to recover the party but bear in mind that some of Ruby's attacks are non-elemental.

Emerald should be beatable within the 20min time limit; he doesn't have the HP that the vanilla Emerald has (165,000 vs. 1,000,000). I think Ruby has around the same HP.

Ok, I figured it out, the Weapons seem to be the reversed versions of themselves... I had to use invincible cheat to kill them, lol.

Btw, the first form of Sephiroth takes 20 years to make an attack, he's still slow at 3x speed boost, you should speed up that animation for next launch.

I could try removing the ability Bizarro uses in-between attacks but I suspect it's used for something like synching up animations between body and head.

cloudropis

• View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: 2021-03-03 01:38:02 »
Just started the mod, I'm curious, what triggers the Blugu's "100 needles" attack? It only happened once when Barrett fired against all enemies with his normal attack, but they never did it again. Played around a bit trying to get them to do it again, but it's neither physical attacks nor aoe attacks that make them do it

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: 2021-03-03 02:30:12 »
If you talk with aeris as Tifa after first gaining control of the highwind at the icecicle Inn, you're name changes to cloud and the lines as changed to before you went down the hill on the snowboard

Slash all paired with added steal didn't steal :(
« Last Edit: 2021-03-03 02:48:02 by Kurne »

LVaulth

• View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: 2021-03-03 05:11:25 »
Awesome, awesome.
Most importantly, I believe a few lines dialogue where the characters be like, "yo, Jenova used some form of necromancy magic on Aeris! She may be saved but we'll need to deal with Jenova first!!" lol, something like that.
Btw, the summon materia cap is only in Type B right or is it in Type A Mode too? and you can save in Aeris in Type A also?

I've seen that name change thing, I was hoping that Slash-all would work with added-Steal too, and Flash doesn't seem to do anything yet.

Hey, I can sense that making other Weapons could be doable, you already got everything figured out,
you could just clone pieces of dungeons and put them together, on the map, and add Omega Weapon as a boss with some robot model and it'll work. XD

Com'on, what if it doesn't have to end with Sephiroth?? The game could go on, or an arena battle mode with very difficult monsters and has 10-12 rounds.
Additional equipment weapons after Ultima Sword, etc...

Yea, you just HAVE to add those Sapphire, Jade, and Omega WEAPONS man, because...
those guys is sick!!!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/u17PibK6B2c/maxresdefault.jpg
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Jade_Weapon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHd3LSus5Lk

« Last Edit: 2021-03-03 05:34:18 by LVaulth »

Cesar0330

• View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: 2021-03-03 18:14:24 »
First, let me say that I just love this mod! I played this game waaaay back in 1997 so revisiting it with a new twist is awesome! I'm playing
the B scenario and just wanted to know if the 4 saves secret is actually working now or if we have to wait for a new patch. Thank you in advance!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: 2021-03-03 23:04:47 »
If you talk with aeris as Tifa after first gaining control of the highwind at the icecicle Inn, you're name changes to cloud and the lines as changed to before you went down the hill on the snowboard

Slash all paired with added steal didn't steal :(

The dialogue probably refers to Cloud's name rather than Party Leader's name (probably an oversight; I don't recall setting dialogue for talking to her as Tifa). I'll check into it and add any branches needed.

I don't think Slash-All pairs with any support Materia. There might be a way to do it using Master Command or Mega-All maybe.

Awesome, awesome.
Most importantly, I believe a few lines dialogue where the characters be like, "yo, Jenova used some form of necromancy magic on Aeris! She may be saved but we'll need to deal with Jenova first!!" lol, something like that.
Btw, the summon materia cap is only in Type B right or is it in Type A Mode too? and you can save in Aeris in Type A also?

I've seen that name change thing, I was hoping that Slash-all would work with added-Steal too, and Flash doesn't seem to do anything yet.

Hey, I can sense that making other Weapons could be doable, you already got everything figured out,
you could just clone pieces of dungeons and put them together, on the map, and add Omega Weapon as a boss with some robot model and it'll work. XD

Com'on, what if it doesn't have to end with Sephiroth?? The game could go on, or an arena battle mode with very difficult monsters and has 10-12 rounds.
Additional equipment weapons after Ultima Sword, etc...

Yea, you just HAVE to add those Sapphire, Jade, and Omega WEAPONS man, because...
those guys is sick!!!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/u17PibK6B2c/maxresdefault.jpg
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Jade_Weapon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHd3LSus5Lk

The summon cap should be same between versions; 1 use usually, but Master Summon is infinite uses. I think Quadra Magic can up the uses as well, as it'll count the Quadra charges then the summon charges separately (so 3 times I think with a 2-star Quadra).

Flash is basically a Death+All command; can be handy when moving through areas to clear out common mobs a bit faster but I separated it onto its own Materia because it's not much use in boss fights and doesn't deal damage of its own. There is a thing you can do with Flash to have other status ailments apply but I forget the Materia setup.

To expand on what I said before, I don't know how to make edits to the World Map and I wouldn't really be looking to add additional Weapon monsters to it. If you want additional fights, then the 1.5 build of the mod has a bunch of different encounters including Omega Weapon (from FF8, not Dirge) in its Extra Battle in Gold Saucer's Battle Square.

First, let me say that I just love this mod! I played this game waaaay back in 1997 so revisiting it with a new twist is awesome! I'm playing
the B scenario and just wanted to know if the 4 saves secret is actually working now or if we have to wait for a new patch. Thank you in advance!

The upcoming patch will fix the last step; it's basically ready, just been adding last minute fixes from reports that come in. Will probably go for weekend release.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10710 on: 2021-03-04 09:53:25 »

there is a way around the 1 charge limit, which is doing the likes of magic counter KOTR - Cmd Counter Mime.  That would fail the first time then suceed if both magic counter and the cmd counter triggered.

U can actually beat all bosses at level7 on hard mode without using SP Upgrades (both type a and b) theres an option to turn off gaining exp the only fight where level would be the initial battle :) was a little surprised no extra secret ending for doing above, whereas if complete hard mode with no sp usuage it gives a wee secret ending.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: 2021-03-04 09:56:57 »
The upcoming patch will fix the last step; it's basically ready, just been adding last minute fixes from reports that come in. Will probably go for weekend release.

looking forward to the patch :)

might want to take a closer look at fields some things can be found type A / B Hard / Normal Mode.  Can switch between to grab full set in places.  an example of this would be train graveyard with 'addedsteal' materia being available on type b on either the hard or normal option but not both.

Another is one of the materia caves, i forget where the rest where.

LVaulth

• View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: 2021-03-04 13:05:13 »
Cool.  Oh yea, and Cloud's name changes back to Cloud during disc3 regardless of what you name him. :<

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: 2021-03-05 04:59:15 »
Uh... soooo type b 2.0.... just got to where I could unlock chocobo races,  spent some time killing things near model with a bunch of fire materia on chars with intent to sell for nice profit shortly in midel.   Ever since I left after selling the fire materia for a nice 1.3 mill profit, I haven't had a single encounter.  Double checked enemy away materia is definitely not on.  Tried reequpting it a few times and taking off to no avail.  Something has seemingly permanently turned encounters off 😂   normally not a big deal butttt I kinda need to find chocobos  lol.  It did crash 3 times total tonight as well

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: 2021-03-05 15:59:46 »
Uh... soooo type b 2.0.... just got to where I could unlock chocobo races,  spent some time killing things near model with a bunch of fire materia on chars with intent to sell for nice profit shortly in midel.   Ever since I left after selling the fire materia for a nice 1.3 mill profit, I haven't had a single encounter.  Double checked enemy away materia is definitely not on.  Tried reequpting it a few times and taking off to no avail.  Something has seemingly permanently turned encounters off 😂   normally not a big deal butttt I kinda need to find chocobos  lol.  It did crash 3 times total tonight as well

curious if perhaps u maybe of clicked a key combination which would turn off random encounters (FFnX) driver via 7th heaven v2.x has that ability.

LVaulth

• View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: 2021-03-05 18:14:47 »
Hey, so I beat the game on Type B and replaying Type A now.
I believe one charge for all summons isn't gonna work for a full game that is not an abridged-playthrough.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Summon_Materia_(Final_Fantasy_VII)

At least set it so that summons can be 5 charges for Type A Mode, else New Threat would not be friendly for normal player.
Especially with Emerald and Ruby weapons in standard game, there's no way in hell anyone can defeat them without using cheats and not level 99.
The summon commandcounter-mime trick requires you to be attacked to counter with the summon, and you can't do any other actions except wait to use the same mime action... (and if vs. Ruby Weapon, ur dead after 1-2 hits, can't keep miming... without having to heal in between...)
And this 1-charge setup forces the trick in order to summon more than once.

(You could maybe change it to 5 charges for ChocoMog, Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh; 4 for Titan, Odin, Leviathan, and Bahamut;
3 for Kjata, Alexander, Typhon, and Neo-Bahamut; 2 for Phoenix, Hades, and Bahamut ZERO; and 1 for Knights of the Round, on Type B.)

In Type B Mode, the Golden Chocobo can be obtained easier, that means KoTR on disc 2. (turn off all mods temporarily before entering so the materia caves don't crash.) However, KoTR only has 1 charge... which makes the great WEAPONS impossible without the mod that allows invincibility.

With the classic 5 charges, you can't use KotR until late disc2 anyway, and with high MP cost, noone really uses more than 2 charges,
with this current setup, even if you're on disc3 and there's enough MP, you still can't use more than 1... of any summon.
It forces a player to have to obtain all summons before getting Master Summon for the possible multiple charges, and by the time someone gets all summons, it's already almost end game. It's very limiting and counterproductive.

Next conflict, the altered locations of the materia placements are very odd in early game and late game. (except for the unchanged ones like Alexander)
For instance, why put HP-Absorb in the restroom in the slum, (a ghetto joke?) (and it's on both modes too)

HP-Absorb is late disc1 or disc2 in Wutai iirc, having it at very-early game is kind of op yet ineffective, and why in the bathroom...?
Are there no other dignified locations to place it?

And then, in Type B, Ultima Magic is right before final boss... So a player would have to backtrack all the way up from the end of the Northern Crater if they'd just want to roam in the world map testing out Ultima or do side quests...
Why not switch Ultima's placement (in the green glowing area in Northern Crater) with Pearl, and have Ultima materia appear earlier;
with that it would make more sense lore-wise to have a Holy magic like Pearl appearing right before the final boss.

Also, gone is the thrill of grinding 2x-attack into 4x-attack,
you'd have to farm everything until the end and manage to beat the two great WEAPONS in order to get 4x-attack.
By then however, there is really no point for it, because at that time for the most part, there's only... final boss left.
And players already have had turned on invincible cheat with NT in order to beat those two WEAPONS, lol...

Moreover, if players have to cheat to beat the WEAPONS, they're not going to need the multiple charges on summons, and it defeats the purpose of that Master Summon's multi-charges exclusivity in the first place.

So yea, it's like a series of loops that screws itself...
Just constructive feedback for polishing because I really liked the mod and it has great potential. Hopefully these things are solved in the next release...

- No monster has ever used Trine in the whole game in TYPE B, except one in the Battle Arena.
- If possible, Flash should be reworked to do [a percentage of high dmg and/or k.o. while sacrificing character HP to do it, like "Darkside" in FF8]
Currently Flash is supposed to only work on weak monsters during random encounters... (if the character with Flash equipped would attack first to even use it) (and if most players don't already have Enemy Away materia equipped while going through non-grindable areas, lol... and in grindable areas, the current Flash don't work.) x_x

Finally, the cheapening of entry costs in-game by a whole decimal screws the finance-scarcity-challenge quite a bit, you just took away one zero from the big fees iirc.

« Last Edit: 2021-03-05 22:58:26 by LVaulth »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: 2021-03-05 19:17:59 »
there is no need to cheat :) nor even actually use witem glitch at lvl7 type b hard mode play through :)

i think the the single usage summons are good,  there is ways around the single usages, such as magcounter-summon cmdcounter-mime being equipped in that order.
the mime will still succed.

Flash works on some powerful enemies in game. good example is to use to level up some AP (if wish to) grinding is not really required.
Spoiler: show
Moovers suspectable to death is one, alongside a couple of bosses flash is superuseful in grindable area in the hatercy at northern crater

love the idea of 'darkside' :)

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: 2021-03-05 20:56:53 »
Wait so the extra bosses in the battle arena are no more 0.o...?   Oh noeee I was really looking forward to them lol... aww :(

LVaulth

• View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: 2021-03-05 22:53:05 »
there is no need to cheat :) nor even actually use witem glitch at lvl7 type b hard mode play through :)

i think the the single usage summons are good,  there is ways around the single usages, such as magcounter-summon cmdcounter-mime being equipped in that order.

Flash works on some powerful enemies in game. good example is to use to level up some AP (if wish to) grinding is not really required.
Moovers suspectable to death is one, alongside a couple of bosses flash is superuseful in grindable area in the hatercy at northern crater

Yea. Maybe you're pro, for newb-ish players they're gonna have a very hard time...  :?
I did that materia setup but that makes 1 or 2 characters have to keep waiting to repeat the summons, and it's just hairy...  :(

TheTallMass

• View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: 2021-03-06 19:38:47 »
Yea. Maybe you're pro, for newb-ish players they're gonna have a very hard time...  :?
I did that materia setup but that makes 1 or 2 characters have to keep waiting to repeat the summons, and it's just hairy...  :(
I would say, take your time to get acquainted with the FF7 modification tools and make the change once you understand it (WallMarket should be the tool you need here, along with 7th Heaven's IRO extractor). But the mod as it stands is complete-able by some people (Weapon included!) and that seems to be the author's intent. It's an overhaul mod and it is meant to be played a certain way. Getting creative and finding other ways around it are always encouraged too.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: 2021-03-07 00:24:24 »

curious if perhaps u maybe of clicked a key combination which would turn off random encounters (FFnX) driver via 7th heaven v2.x has that ability.

Let me know if it was this; if not (and if a reload didn't sort it) I'll check into it.

Hey, so I beat the game on Type B and replaying Type A now.
I believe one charge for all summons isn't gonna work for a full game that is not an abridged-playthrough.

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Summon_Materia_(Final_Fantasy_VII)

At least set it so that summons can be 5 charges for Type A Mode, else New Threat would not be friendly for normal player.
Especially with Emerald and Ruby weapons in standard game, there's no way in hell anyone can defeat them without using cheats and not level 99.
The summon commandcounter-mime trick requires you to be attacked to counter with the summon, and you can't do any other actions except wait to use the same mime action... (and if vs. Ruby Weapon, ur dead after 1-2 hits, can't keep miming... without having to heal in between...)
And this 1-charge setup forces the trick in order to summon more than once.

(You could maybe change it to 5 charges for ChocoMog, Ifrit, Shiva, and Ramuh; 4 for Titan, Odin, Leviathan, and Bahamut;
3 for Kjata, Alexander, Typhon, and Neo-Bahamut; 2 for Phoenix, Hades, and Bahamut ZERO; and 1 for Knights of the Round, on Type B.)

In Type B Mode, the Golden Chocobo can be obtained easier, that means KoTR on disc 2. (turn off all mods temporarily before entering so the materia caves don't crash.) However, KoTR only has 1 charge... which makes the great WEAPONS impossible without the mod that allows invincibility.

With the classic 5 charges, you can't use KotR until late disc2 anyway, and with high MP cost, noone really uses more than 2 charges,
with this current setup, even if you're on disc3 and there's enough MP, you still can't use more than 1... of any summon.
It forces a player to have to obtain all summons before getting Master Summon for the possible multiple charges, and by the time someone gets all summons, it's already almost end game. It's very limiting and counterproductive.

Next conflict, the altered locations of the materia placements are very odd in early game and late game. (except for the unchanged ones like Alexander)
For instance, why put HP-Absorb in the restroom in the slum, (a ghetto joke?) (and it's on both modes too)

HP-Absorb is late disc1 or disc2 in Wutai iirc, having it at very-early game is kind of op yet ineffective, and why in the bathroom...?
Are there no other dignified locations to place it?

And then, in Type B, Ultima Magic is right before final boss... So a player would have to backtrack all the way up from the end of the Northern Crater if they'd just want to roam in the world map testing out Ultima or do side quests...
Why not switch Ultima's placement (in the green glowing area in Northern Crater) with Pearl, and have Ultima materia appear earlier;
with that it would make more sense lore-wise to have a Holy magic like Pearl appearing right before the final boss.

Also, gone is the thrill of grinding 2x-attack into 4x-attack,
you'd have to farm everything until the end and manage to beat the two great WEAPONS in order to get 4x-attack.
By then however, there is really no point for it, because at that time for the most part, there's only... final boss left.
And players already have had turned on invincible cheat with NT in order to beat those two WEAPONS, lol...

Moreover, if players have to cheat to beat the WEAPONS, they're not going to need the multiple charges on summons, and it defeats the purpose of that Master Summon's multi-charges exclusivity in the first place.

So yea, it's like a series of loops that screws itself...
Just constructive feedback for polishing because I really liked the mod and it has great potential. Hopefully these things are solved in the next release...

- No monster has ever used Trine in the whole game in TYPE B, except one in the Battle Arena.
- If possible, Flash should be reworked to do [a percentage of high dmg and/or k.o. while sacrificing character HP to do it, like "Darkside" in FF8]
Currently Flash is supposed to only work on weak monsters during random encounters... (if the character with Flash equipped would attack first to even use it) (and if most players don't already have Enemy Away materia equipped while going through non-grindable areas, lol... and in grindable areas, the current Flash don't work.) x_x

Finally, the cheapening of entry costs in-game by a whole decimal screws the finance-scarcity-challenge quite a bit, you just took away one zero from the big fees iirc.

Very strange feedback.

You don't need to be Lv.99 and invincible to beat Ruby and Emerald. I think you're focusing too hard on Summons (and the strategies that would ordinarily be used on the original Ruby + Emerald) and it's distracting you from other aspects of how you set up your party and the like.

There were some bonus placements of Materia and equipment put throughout the game into locations not ordinarily visited but I needed to be careful about what was placed in order to avoid breaking the balance. HP Absorb is one of these Materia that you could put in early on where it can be useful without disrupting that balance. There was no particular significance to putting it in the bathroom in Johnny's house, it's just a location where it's out of the way, not immediately visible, and would only be found if you were exploring.

Ultima sits at the end of its path in a room that has a striking visual effect that I felt would be a good location to put one of the strongest spells (as far as base power goes). Pearl appears a screen or two earlier on its route, but is that really significant? As far as utility goes, Ultima should be great for Bizarro (and Jenova Synthesis on Type A) while Pearl has an element advantage but will be blocked during Safer's 'flying' phase. They also both sit in the same locations on Type A and Type B; there's no difference in location for them (or at least there shouldn't be).

I'll have a think about 4x-Cut but I'll need to see how rewards for things as they stand can be shuffled about. I probably won't be putting it back with 2x-Cut Materia though.

I'll add Trine to be used somewhere on a boss or whatever in Type B if it hasn't been already so it can be learned roughly where it's learned on Type A.

Flash could do with a rework but I don't know where it's command data is kept to modify it. A Darkside effect would be nice but probably take a fair bit to create. I think if it could be made to deal damage in some way then that would at least be a step in the right direction. I got some use out of Flash by keeping it on a character and throwing it out against any mob groups that had a few weak to KO but it would definitely be better if it could be reworked somehow.

I considered going back to the original entry values for things like the Gold Saucer ticket, etc. but decided not to in the end.

Well it's nice to see someone got some use out of Flash.

Wait so the extra bosses in the battle arena are no more 0.o...?   Oh noeee I was really looking forward to them lol... aww :(

I was going to drop it for the new patch (I'd planned to bring back Extra Battle but I've been stuck for ideas) but I'll add it in and put 1 match in it for now. Was supposed to be 3 but I couldn't think of 2 new ones.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: 2021-03-07 05:47:01 »
alrighty. piggybacking off of Rushiryu over here lol.

im trying to get a partial clue, not the whole deal. lol.

the clues thus far for the silver chocobo mystery quest appear to be in narrative order, location-wise. is this true or am i whiffing on that one?

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: 2021-03-07 06:11:36 »
so Segachief

Regarding the special battles content:

so as far as ideas. is there a way to code in a "mirror match"? where you legitimately fight your your own team? its probably way difficult to code something like that but its a thought. or i mean maybe just some semblance of how your active team would function? an aerith clone would likely be a mage build (unless it was built for slum drunk lmao). a cloud clone generally does physical but can go magic attacker, barrets a tank.....vincent would be all about transformations....lol. idk. ideas lol.
« Last Edit: 2021-03-08 02:13:50 by Maverick4031 »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: 2021-03-07 15:35:00 »

I was going to drop it for the new patch (I'd planned to bring back Extra Battle but I've been stuck for ideas) but I'll add it in and put 1 match in it for now. Was supposed to be 3 but I couldn't think of 2 new ones.

how about maybe something like a boss rush of jenova's various forms? :)
alternatively sorta miss dark cave - boss rush of midgar bosses ? :)

Tooplex

• View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: 2021-03-09 21:43:29 »
So I've played through both Mode A and Mode B (Got every item minus a few) and its probably the best mod ive played in a long time. I have a few questions though.

1. What does the Dark Matter do? I can't find a use for it.

2. Where can you get the Heroes Medal and Ribbon? In the item location guide it just says defeat ???? and i defeated that secret boss in Shinra Mansion from the piano.

3. Also speaking of the boss from the Shinra Mansion, what does the item ???? do that you get from that boss?

Thank you, Great mod and ill keep an eye on this page  :)