Author Topic: [FFVIII-PCSteam] OGG questions  (Read 2848 times)

Divatox

• View Profile
[FFVIII-PCSteam] OGG questions
« on: 2018-07-25 21:59:33 »
Hey there, i was thinking and it´s possible to change the music from some battles? Like in FFX the boss theme it´s different for all of them (the most part), and in FF8 only have 2 "Force your Way" and "only a plank between one and perdition".
Make some time of event to start a different music?

And how do i make a new battle song? That is a rule to make a ogg to FF8? A limited time, or cut the music in some moment to make repeat?

Hazedge

• View Profile
Re: [FFVIII-PCSteam] OGG questions
« Reply #1 on: 2018-07-25 23:05:00 »
I don't know about the "triggering a new song" but i did my arrangements all in OGG. Took the music I wanted in-game, put on Audacity, cutted where the loop will start and when saving, where you get to write down the artist, track, album, track number and so on... I created two more lines. One called LOOPSTART (writing down the SAMPLE time of when the loop starts) and LOOPLENGTH (writing down the SAMPLE time of the length the loop take to go back to the LOOPSTART).
All my new OGG musics works fine doing this way.

Example:
The music has 1.000.000 SAMPLE time, and I want it to repeat from 200.000 to 900.000 and keep repeating.
Then the LOOPSTART is 200.000, and LOOPLENGTH is 700.000
« Last Edit: 2018-07-25 23:06:43 by Hazedge »

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2018-07-26 01:23:29 »
if using Roses and Wine, it does not support LOOPLENGTH yet.
I was just replacing then on the OGG paste in my case, worked just fine.

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2018-07-26 01:50:37 »
Hey there, i was thinking and it´s possible to change the music from some battles? Like in FFX the boss theme it´s different for all of them (the most part), and in FF8 only have 2 "Force your Way" and "only a plank between one and perdition".
Make some time of event to start a different music?

Yes you can change it with Deling, you just have to find the moment in the game and change the music ID. For example :

Divatox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2018-07-26 05:09:55 »
OK thank you guys 8)

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2018-07-26 15:53:09 »
Yes you can change it with Deling, you just have to find the moment in the game and change the music ID. For example :

Wow, that moment I start reading in braile LOL
I wish I could understand these kind of language, it would improve sooooo much stuff
My respect to who understand that just like english.