Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1836306 times)

Izicial

Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #950 on: 2012-03-28 01:41:15 »
I think its the same tracks, there just looped, which means that they will repeat over and over until a new track starts. Which means if your in an area and instead of the music stopping it fades back into itself and keeps playing.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2012-03-28 01:42:16 »
With a looping soundtrack, when a song reaches the end it returns to a point after the song intro to create a seamless loop without breaking.
Otherwise the song would play the intro repeatedly.

The looped soundtrack is a high quality recording of the original MIDI songs.  If you don't have an adequate MIDI device, this is the best soundtrack option.

The MIDI tracks sound differently depending on which sound font is installed.  Some sound cards don't produce instrument sounds anything like the Playstation originals.

Izicial

« Reply #952 on: 2012-03-28 01:52:43 »
Hey can anyone tell me why my ATB, hp, and mana bars are all messed up when I enter a battle?

My game runs perfectly other than that and its just bugging me. Helps always greatly apprecited :).

zenith

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2012-03-28 02:33:46 »
oh sweet! makes sense... I've only played the playstation version, but i guess i never noticed that the music would just stop at points, it's been awhile. thanks!

im not seeing a "looping" option in bootleg. so just to clarify, the PSF MIDI option is the looping soundtrack, correct? because i just looked up the thread that has the info on finalfan tim's ost remasters and it says this:
What?:
FFVII OST Remastered Edition contains all of the original tracks but are remastered with REAL HIGH quality instruments (samples). So it sounds alot better than the original version on both PC and PSX

meaning that the instruments sound different from the psx version, right? by sound different i mean in terms of timbre and such, not bitdepth. if "psf MIDI" was just the original midi data from the game i wouldnt have to download "ff7 music install.exe" because those files have already been loaded up from the initial install of the game?

also, im guessing "ocremix", "the remix", and "bootleg" are all sort of modified versions of the soundtrack,

i'm so confused...\

edit: ah okay, so i just found the thread explaining what "ff7 music installer" is, but im still unsure as to if the PSF MIDI is just raw midi data to be read by my crappy midi drivers ?( i did notice a change in the song that plays when you collect your loot after a battle when i just loaded up the game sans mods besides 1.02) , while finalfan tim did not modify the instruments from the PSX version, he just ripped them so computers like mine wouldn't ruin the audio?

edit 2: okay there HAS to be a difference in finalfan tims audio because it would be straight illegal to rip the sounds from the game, put them in any format, and then re-distribute it for free, right? from what i understand...finalfan tim took the original midi data, used his own good midi drivers to synthesis the sound on his computer and recorded those versions? sorry feel free to delete this if im just confusing the crap out of everyone n makin' you all facepalmer.................

edit 3 :(haha workin my way through this....) just downloaded finalfan tims preview and yes! i was right! these instruments are way different than the PSX version, so now my question is................ What are my options in terms of getting that PSX sound? are there different midi drivers that i can install to my computer that emulate the PSX's sound synthesis? or should i just select PSF MIDI and be quiet?
« Last Edit: 2012-03-28 02:59:44 by zenith »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2012-03-28 03:44:26 »
Some sound cards support drivers that allow for changing the sound font.
There is a better  FF7 sound font somewhere, but most of the links are lost.
You can still find the file as a torrent.

This is a good starting place:

TiMidity-CVS081206_setup_ENG.exe                TiMidity        MIDI Driver                             Qhimm FILE

FF7v2.0-package.rar                                             MIDI Sound Font Replacement                   FILE

zenith

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2012-03-28 03:57:17 »
oh aweome sauce. I guess ill try and hunt that down......... your installer is currently doing its thang, its taken me since 6pm till now to download everything needed. haha. thanks for the sound font advice, pitbrat. i'll let you know if i find that other "good" one. and ill let ya know if this all works out for me. cheers!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2012-03-28 12:32:28 »
Hey can anyone tell me why my ATB, hp, and mana bars are all messed up when I enter a battle?

My game runs perfectly other than that and its just bugging me. Helps always greatly apprecited :).

You enabled 9999 limit breaker in Aali's driver configuration. Disable it.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2012-03-28 14:02:37 »
anyone know how to bypass this successfully?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZ392yyLbU
(forget the annotations was bored :) )

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2012-03-28 19:35:58 »
anyone know how to bypass this successfully?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZ392yyLbU
(forget the annotations was bored :) )

I seem to remember this cropping up awhile ago, i do believe it is related to the always run patch (at least i remember it being), So the solution is to disable run always,
I can create a DLL to allow users to enable and disable run always in real time if you want ? (meaning you press something like CTRL+F3 to turn it on and CTRL+F4 to turn it off, or you can always unpatch your EXE or uninstall and reinstall M005)

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2012-03-28 20:06:36 »
 :-*PATCH IT:-*
Kranmer, I dig your patches.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2012-03-28 20:34:16 »
I can create a DLL to allow users to enable and disable run always in real time if you want ? (meaning you press something like CTRL+F3 to turn it on and CTRL+F4 to turn it off, or you can always unpatch your EXE or uninstall and reinstall M005)
At the moment i think il try disabling the Always run but If you could make the patch i think it would benefit everyone and as Pitbrat says, please do if you can :)   seriously man you rock! :D

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2012-03-28 21:28:54 »
OK guys, here it is,
http://www.mediafire.com/?f6jbwxn9udgwyz1
This DLL with allow you to turn Run Always on and off using CTRL+F3/F4, This is just a test version, and since it is a test version i left the msg box on that tells you when you press the buttons.
Anyway i hope this help's. Maybe i should go through all patch's like this and try to make DLL versions so they can be turned on and off in real-time.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2012-03-28 23:40:02 »
Don't. Walk. Just, don't press any button but the directions. That's just how the game was made.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2012-03-29 15:07:14 »
DLL's confuse me :S
i put that patch in the root folder and well is that it? im sure you have to put some sort of line in the ff7opengl.cfg?

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2012-03-29 16:16:35 »
Don't. Walk. Just, don't press any button but the directions. That's just how the game was made.
Yeah but with "Always Run" on you cannot walk without holding down the run button. That's why i made the DLL

DLL's confuse me :S
i put that patch in the root folder and well is that it? im sure you have to put some sort of line in the ff7opengl.cfg?
Sorry it confused you, to use a DLL you put it in your FF7 root folder, then you need to enter the line
load_library = "FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll"
to your ff7_opengl.cfg, but you can only use 1 DLL this way, if you are already using a DLL you will need to use MultiDLL (which can be gotten here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11564.msg161144#msg161144 and that post always explains how to use it)
But if this is still confusing for you i can make it even easier and make a separate program that all you have to do is run it and then FF7 and all you have to do is press the button while playing to enable or disable Always Run if you want.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2012-03-29 17:05:22 »
Sorry it confused you, to use a DLL you put it in your FF7 root folder, then you need to enter the line
load_library = "FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll"
to your ff7_opengl.cfg, but you can only use 1 DLL this way, if you are already using a DLL you will need to use MultiDLL (which can be gotten here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11564.msg161144#msg161144 and that post always explains how to use it)
Cheers hope it will be fixed once i try it when i get home thanks again Kranmer :), since im using your anycd patch aswell looks like i need to use the MultiDLL
update:
it works! (dancing with joy^^) but i just get this crash message at the start "oops something bad happened etc" which i can close and carry on playing il report this in another thread other than that it works great
But if this is still confusing for you i can make it even easier and make a separate program that all you have to do is run it and then FF7 and all you have to do is press the button while playing to enable or disable Always Run if you want.
oo that's too much too ask for wasting your time as you already did so much  :D i will try the other method and see how it goes, thank you *bows down*  ;D
« Last Edit: 2012-03-29 17:21:56 by e1sunz »

tuarim

« Reply #966 on: 2012-03-29 17:55:22 »
Hi,

I just installed everything and it works great with one exception; when I go to run it, an error pops up stating:

"Failed to set the requested fullscreen mode, reverting to original resolution window mode."

I opened the ff7_opengl.cfg file to check the screen settings which are set to:

window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 960
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

I am unable to enlarge the screen as it is stuck in quarter window mode.  Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch for an awesome program by the way.

Sean

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2012-03-29 23:26:53 »
Is it just me or are the models for Tifa and Cid slightly messed up in the Chocobo races (not sure if this applies to the other Gold Saucer minigames)? Their eyes and mouth appear really big and white. Is the mod that replaces the original field models not fully complete? Some of the normal field models in screen don't appear to be different from the original either (like Ester in the Gold Saucer and the female Bone Village diggers).

Also, if I could have someone answer my last question regarding the Aeris Revival mod, I would really appreciate it.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2012-03-30 19:22:56 »
Does anyone else have the issue with the Tifa and Cid models missing their eye textures?  I've not seen this error before.  Klaw117, have you installed any mods other than with Bootleg?  Did you install onto a fresh vanilla FF7?

Progress on Bootleg0038 continues:
    Added DLPB's Timing Patches for the Bombing Mission audio and the Coaster Minigame: BombingFix.exe and CoasterAimerFix.exe
    Added Grimmy's PRP Addon Field Models (54 Improved Models), Battle Models (Hi Res Cloud and Shirtless Sephiroth), Huge Materias and Weapons Fixes: prp models.zip, Huge Materias.7z
    Added Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: data.7z.001, data.7z.002, data.7z.003, data.7z.004, data.7z.005, data.7z.006
    Added Grimmy's Joker, Death Dealer Battle Models: Joker, Death Dealer.7z
    Added KG's Leaf Texture Fix for Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: konoha.7z
    Added Avatar Options-- Zendar's Round AC, Zendar's Round AC V2 and Singular Ones Transparent AC: AC Avatars By Zendar.exe and Singular One's Trasnparent Shadow Avatars.zip, Zendar's Custom Round Edge Avatars[Ver.1.0].rar
    Added New Menu Background Options-- Zendar's AC Buster Sword: AC Buster Sword at Midgar Menu Background By Zendar.exe
    Added Support for Enhanced Movies 1 in 3 Parts and Enhanced Movies 2 in 4 Parts
    Added touphScript Formatting and Translation to English, French, German or Spanish: touphScript_v1.2.7.7z
    Added Support for Installing Bootleg on International Versions: French, German  and Spanish
    Added Kranmer's Always Run Toggle DLL: FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll
    Added Menu Overhaul Options with Silent Installation
    Recovered Missing Rumbah Movies
    Revised Avatar Selection with Individual Customization
    Revised Launcher to Support Multiple Cores
    Revised File Search to Recognize MediaFire Names for Mods: Trish(aka Mike)_s custom model pack.7z
    Revised Bootleg.log Formatting
    Updated Glitched Field Textures List
    Updated Millenia's, Slayersnext's and Mike's Weapons Mods with Grimmy Fixes
    Updated Log File Formatting and Corrected Typos
    Updated FF7Music with ff7music_install_15113.exe and OSTRe.7z
    Updated Menu Overhaul with m005: MO.exe
    +Fixed Bad Laptop Controls: ff7input.cfg
    +Fixed Missing Mod Errors
    +Fixed JordieBo Credits Errors: Incorrect Name in Credits
    +Fixed Missing Avatars: pcloud_00.png, choco_00.png, zeni_h_00.png
    Integrated Mods: BombingFix.exe, CoasterAimerFix.exe, AC Avatars By Zendar.exe, Singular One's Trasnparent Shadow Avatars.zip, AC (Round Edge) Avatars [Sephiroth Ver.1 Patch].exe,  AC (Round Edge) Avatars [Tifa Ver.2b Patch].exe, AC (Round Edge) Avatars By Zendar [Ver.1.2].exe,  AC (Round Edge) Avatars By Zendar [Ver.2].exe, AC Buster Sword at Midgar Menu Background By Zendar.exe, Huge Materias.7z, prp models.zip, touphScript_v1.2.7.7z, konoha.7z, Joker, Death Dealer.7z, FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll, Zendar's Custom Round Edge Avatars[Ver.1.0].rar

Catch up on your downloading before the new release:

data.7z.001 - data.7z.006                       Grimmy          Upscaled Magic Textures                 Qhimm 01 02 03 04 05 06

ff7music_install_15113.exe                      Covarr          Proper Music Update                     Qhimm FILE MIRROR

OSTRe.7z                                        Covarr          FF7 Soundtrack for use with FF7Music    Qhimm FILE MIRROR

MO.exe                                          DLPB & Kranmer  Menu Overhaul M005 & ReTranslation      Qhimm FILE

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2012-03-30 22:41:13 »
Yes, I did install onto a fresh vanilla FF7 and I also installed additional mods. My Bootleg configuration showing what mods I have installed is in the link below. The only major changes I did was transferring save files and enabling the Aeris Revival mod for a bit before disabling it due to interference from one of my mods (I think that was what happened, but I'm not sure, which is why I wanted to know if the Remastered and New Spell mods interfere with Aeris Revival since I play with those two always enabled).

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/6821/ff7mods.png

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2012-03-31 02:05:42 »
Klaw117,
Bootleg modifies certain models to maintain compatibility amongst all supported mods.
Installing a mod outside of Bootleg-- even one of the supported mods-- may result in anomalies.
There are compatibility issues with the Old version m00d of Menu Overhaul with Retranslation enabled and Remastered + New Spells + Aeris Revival.

Bootleg worked best with one application.
There is no backup except for save games.
Creating a backup would entail raising the already ridiculous 17GB of space required while Bootleg runs.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2012-03-31 16:24:13 »
Progress on Bootleg0038 continues:
    Added Grimmy's PRP Addon Field Models (54 Improved Models), Battle Models (Hi Res Cloud and Shirtless Sephiroth), Huge Materias and Weapons Fixes: prp models.zip, Huge Materias.7z
    Added Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: data.7z.001, data.7z.002, data.7z.003, data.7z.004, data.7z.005, data.7z.006
    Added Grimmy's Joker, Death Dealer Battle Models: Joker, Death Dealer.7z
    Added KG's Leaf Texture Fix for Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures: konoha.7z
    Added Kranmer's Always Run Toggle DLL: FF7AlwaysRunKranmer.dll
    Recovered Missing Rumbah Movies
    Revised Avatar Selection with Individual Customization
    Updated Glitched Field Textures List
    Updated Millenia's, Slayersnext's and Mike's Weapons Mods with Grimmy Fixes
    Updated FF7Music with ff7music_install_15113.exe and OSTRe.7z
im interested to put all these new additions on my ff7 but i already installed it with the previous bootleg version 0037, so anyway i can somehow put all these certain ones? especially on a already patched bootlegged ff7

zenith

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2012-04-01 00:43:43 »
I too am interested in knowing how one would go about updating these mods without having to do a clean install and running bootleg everytime.

I have a suggestion that might be a useful addition to the bootleg project: My brother hooked me up with Diablo II today and i was checkin out hte project files and there is a small app in there call like "D2Vidtst" which is this lil guy that optimizes the resolution of your screen to work the best with the program, I was wondering if it might be possible to have one of these guys within bootleg that automatically sets the resolution based on your native screen?? just a thought, im no programmer so i really dont know. It might just be in my head but I've got blackfan and sl's field models in my modpath (yea it's changed in opengll.cmd) but for some reason i feel like they dont nearly as good as the ones online. My resolution is 1366 by 768 (changed that in opengll.cmd too..) and i have a radeon 3600 graphics card, but it would put my heart at rest knowing that bootleg optimized my hardware.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2012-04-01 01:51:48 »
The ability to patch over and over an already-bootlegged version has been on the todo list since the beginning. However, we will await that the mods get more stable (few gets released) and that the IRL stuff get less troublesome (UGerstl got more busy, PitBrat has less free time, and I try to live without my computer the most possible) but, as PitBrat showed us, he still manages to find time to do that. I, however, barely have any.

@zenith: This could possibly be done. Maybe. Maybe. Also, I have about the same specs as you do.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2012-04-01 02:38:06 »
Reinstalling Bootleg should work unless you've previously installed Hardcore or Aeris Revival.

The new field graphics are only marginally better than the originals.  They are interpolated versions of the original lo res textures.  The same goes for many of the new magic textures.  The true beauty lies in the completely redone battle textures.

The game resolution is easily modified via Bootloader.  You can change most of the settings by clicking CONFIGURE.

There's not much to optimize.  If the game runs and it's playable, then it's pretty much optimized.
0038 incorporates a few graphical tweaks and support for multiple cores.  Only time will tell if this increases performance or simply breaks the game on more systems.