Author Topic: Reno - Cid  (Read 7084 times)

BlackjackXIII

Reno - Cid
« on: 2009-03-13 16:23:21 »
I hate to bother everyone but i've been trying really hard to swap  Cid out with Reno to no avail.  I even tried installing the Turks Mod but regardless of how often I uninstall and reinstall FF7 it just won't work.   So i'm wondering if anyone could compile the files needed into  a Battle Folder and a Field Folder in a zip/rar for me?
I'm really, really sorry to bother anyone but I just can't do it, and it's becoming upsetting.

Kindest Regards,
Blackjack.

A brief note:  When I do try to modify Cid with Reno, the first problem I encounter is the head.  He has no eyes.   An explanation to that is just as beneficial. (Field and Battle)
« Last Edit: 2009-03-13 20:54:14 by BlackjackXIII »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Re: Reno - Cid
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-14 01:32:46 »
To fix the "Reno's head problem", here's what you have to do:

Get rid of any files between "rzab" and "rzaj" inclusive.  These files are Cid's texture files - his eyes and mouth, and possibly other things.

Reno's textures can be found between "lmab" - lmaj" inclusive.  Rename these to Cid's texture files.  In other words, rename "lmab" to "rzab" and "lmac" to "rzac", etc.

That should fix that problem.  If I was being unclear, that's because I'm terrible at explaining :-(

You should favorite the following website, if you haven't already.  It contains info on the battle.lgp and is very useful.  I believe it was made by other members on these forums.

http://www.alhexx.com/documents/other/battle_database.txt

BlackjackXIII

« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-14 16:41:47 »
Thanks for your help, I managed to fix it.   My next problem is that nobody has bothered to make any Turks Avatars, and I can't run Highwind because it keeps giving me errors, and I tried the lgp method but it just sits there.  I also don't have photoshop :(

Could anyone get me two 8bit reno avatars?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-15 00:21:10 »
You must really like Reno.  This patch comes with Turk avatars, so I understand (Tseng and Reeve not included):

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8025.0

What's the problem with Highwind?  It always works perfectly for me.

BlackjackXIII

« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-15 00:37:02 »
I have that Turks mod, but I don't want to modify Vincent into Cloud,  Cloud into Rufus etc. etc.    I'm simply making a dreamteam.

Cloud           -  Better Cloud from End Battle.
Cid              -   Reno
Young  Cloud -  Zack  (Yes, I know it's not perfect and he won't get used during any of the story sequences but I can use him out of battle and in the dream sequence just fine.)

Problem with Highwind I managed to fix via using lgp tools to do most of the dirtywork.  Highwind wasn't letting me save my edits, So I  imported my .bmp files, and then exported them as .tex files,  then used those tex files in lgptools.

My new problem is that I can't enter Junon, my game just crashes.   

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-15 13:27:43 »
Each problem that you encounter seems to have zero relation to the last.  Is your mod paticularly large-scale?

A problem entering Junon suggests a problem with the flevel.lgp.  I'm guessing you've been using Meteor?  I find it's easy to mess something up with that program since it's hard to be sure exactly what you're doing on it.

Interesting storyline you're developing.  How about adding some dialogue somewhere that reveals that Cloud used to dye his hair black or something, having been an angsty teenager at that time and unable to live with his natural hair color?

BlackjackXIII

« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-15 21:57:17 »
lol,  actually i've just been creating a slight mod to the whole story.   Cid and Reno have now swapped places and i've stuck Cid in a Turks outfit.    Revealing Reno to be a now 'former Turk'  :)    Still no explanation fr why he wants to go into space though :s  Yes, I did use meteor so it's sounding like a re-install might be in order.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-15 22:54:01 »
Difficult fitting Reno into the storyline, but if it were me doing this, I'd probably make up some dialogue about this: Elena is his ex, he quit the Turks so as to get away from her :-P
That was completely off-topic, I'm sorry.

If you're only making text changes, I'd go with Loveless.  It's the best tool for text editing that I know of.