Author Topic: Index (ID) locations of inventary  (Read 4080 times)

cloudiar

• View Profile
Index (ID) locations of inventary
« on: 2012-09-25 02:54:26 »
Hello!

Want to change the positions of the items in inventory, and would like to know how to identify them to exchange for other!

Example:

Potion
Hi-Potion
X-Potion

for:

Hero Drink
elixir
Megalixir

Looking qhimm wiki but did not find the exact location of kernel (offset) to access and to create new list of the 127 objects with changes

Thanks in advance

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Index (ID) locations of inventary
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-25 03:08:49 »
There's a priority table somewhere in the .exe
I remember reading about this for spells so there's an item table somewhere as well

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-25 06:41:35 »
Ignore...  My answer doesn't cover what you want to do. 

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-25 12:27:45 »
There's not one. The "Type" sorting in the game sorts based on the order of their listed item index and then based on certain filters of their data. Like "battle" puts all the ones that are usable in battle before the ones that aren't, but still in the order that they're in the KERNEL.BIN.

And before you go and start swapping items around, know that their out-of-battle function is dictated by their index in that list. So the first item will always behave like a potion, second like a hi-potion, etc.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-25 12:57:59 »
There's not one. The "Type" sorting in the game sorts based on the order of their listed item index and then based on certain filters of their data. Like "battle" puts all the ones that are usable in battle before the ones that aren't, but still in the order that they're in the KERNEL.BIN.

And before you go and start swapping items around, know that their out-of-battle function is dictated by their index in that list. So the first item will always behave like a potion, second like a hi-potion, etc.

Thanks for that, but I knew this is not a problem and I do not want to change "radically" inventory but some items adapt to "new" positions, Megapotion example, Megaether, Megaphoenix and others

I do not want using the positions of objects used in menu (example hyper tranquilizer), can be activated in wallmarket use menu items out of range, but not work, I think these "index" have a specific code to execute menu, then ignore that option.

Those positions maintain "menu" are the only exceptions. Generate a list I would like more logical and organize space for some extra item.

Thanks to all

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-09-25 13:05:16 »
You mean the sort order.  So I was wrong to delete my message.  That is a table.  See touphscript which can automatically correct the table for you.  I worked with Luksy to add it.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-09-25 13:38:14 »
You mean the sort order.  So I was wrong to delete my message.  That is a table.  See touphscript which can automatically correct the table for you.  I worked with Luksy to add it.

I do not understand about me, up touphscript 0.9.9.2 does not work on my game, strange reason <. <(Dump always failed).

But yes, I once exchanged names from touphscript but too long, I need to collect all locations offset to use.

Original           Later

1.Potion        1-X-Potion
2.Hi-Potion    2.Hi-Potion
3.X-Potion.    3.Potion

I think change many names, then just put position index ID "exchange", is not the best way, but exchange all parameters for change positions of item is horror, is better get all offset locations for massive modification, until finally we can create utility to make these process.

Sorry for English
« Last Edit: 2012-09-25 13:44:01 by cloudiar »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: 2012-09-26 02:22:27 »
Speaking of items usable in menu, has anyone ever put down documentation where in the .exe that data is stored? That's something I still need to change