Author Topic: Problem with enemy battle model not displaying (FFVII)  (Read 2407 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
OK, I need help. You see, thanks to NFITC1's soon to be released new Proud Clod, I moved all enemies around. For example, you fight an Iron Man instead of the Guard Scorpion at the end of the first reactor, etc (of course their stats were modified ^^). And you'll meet the Guard Scorpion with updated stats and abilities somewhere else.

Everything has been working great so far, but a problem suddenly arose : the enemy that replaces Heli Gunner doesn't appear on the screen. After you defeat the monster that replaces Hundred Gunner, the battle continues, but the bastard is invisible. It attacks and I can destroy it, but its 3D model just isn't there...

So my question : does anyone know what happens, here ? Does the function that call the second battle look for a certain 3D model - a function I'd need to update ?... ...Since the right formation is called and an enemy's 3D model is tied to it (its enemy model, KHDA, is correctly referenced), this problem doesn't make sense to me.

If no one can help, I will either re-insert Heli Gunner, or change the new enemy's name to something like "Eagle Gun Ghost" :P That would suck, but hey...

EDIT :

OK, I fixed it :D
The battle flag for Eagle Gun was at fault. In Proud Clod, in formation 01CD, its battle flag is FFFEFFFF. Unfortunately, you can't change it back to FFFFFFFF in PrC. An error message keeps saying that the index is out of bounds or something. I guess I could have hex-edited my way out of this, but I noticed something interesting : formations 01CE and 01CF are exactly the same as 01CC and 01CD respectively, save from a different battle background (something that can easily be fixed). And formation 01CD has the right flag for Eagle Gun ! Whoohoo ! I just opened the eleout field file in Meteor, and asked it to call formation 01CE instead of 01CC. It worked, Eagle Gun appears after wasting Ahriman :D

I'm closing this thread.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-30 20:10:15 by Armorvil »