Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1244804 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
When i start the game, the intro movie is perfectly fine but after i select "New Game" all the movies seem to have about 5 fps. how can i fix this?
All of the FMV's are like that? If it's just the Opening FMV, then you can fix it by swapping "Opening.avi" with the one off your game disc, but if it's all the FMV's, you might wanna lower some of your settings like turn shaders, postprocessing, etc... off and set the game to a lower resolution in the OpenGL Config file. You might also wanna check to see if there are any newer drivers for your graphics card that you can download, that tends to be the issue every now and again.

Keep in mind that if you can't fix the problem, you can always skip cutscenes by pressing ctrl+s.

NghtHwk652

When i start the game, the intro movie is perfectly fine but after i select "New Game" all the movies seem to have about 5 fps. how can i fix this?
All of the FMV's are like that? If it's just the Opening FMV, then you can fix it by swapping "Opening.avi" with the one off your game disc, but if it's all the FMV's, you might wanna lower some of your settings like turn shaders, postprocessing, etc... off and set the game to a lower resolution in the OpenGL Config file. You might also wanna check to see if there are any newer drivers for your graphics card that you can download, that tends to be the issue every now and again.

Keep in mind that if you can't fix the problem, you can always skip cutscenes by pressing ctrl+s.
thanks for the cutscene skip tip!
I'm not sure if ALL of the cutscenes are like this since i've only gotten to the beginning before the actual game starts and i've already turned off all the settings and i'm pretty sure i should be able to handle 1280x800 resolution. my graphics drivers are updated and everything. The game itself runs smoothly its just the the first cutscene before Cloud jumps off the train so far that i've noticed is very choppy

aNUbiS

...besides those dodgy Multi-language patches I whipped up...

Here we go bughunting:

-postinstall.bat-
Code: [Select]
@echo off
cd data
:begin
echo Make sure that you have your FFVII install disc in the reader
echo Translated:
echo Bitte sicherstellen, daß die FFVII Installations-CD eingelegt ist
pause
IF EXIST D:\data\menu\menu_gm.lgp (
move /Y "D:\data\menu\menu_gm.lgp" "%cd%\menu\menu_gm.lgp"
move /Y "D:\data\battle\scene.bin" "%cd%\battle\scene.bin"
move /Y "D:\data\kernel\kernel.bin" "%cd%\kernel\kernel.bin"
move /Y "D:\data\kernel\kernel2.bin" "%cd%\kernel\kernel2.bin"
move /Y "D:\data\field\gflevel.lgp" "%cd%\field\gflevel.lgp"
)
cd menu
IF NOT EXIST menu_gm.lgp (
echo error finding install disc
cd..
goto begin
)
del menu_us.lgp
cd..
cd minigame
if exist high-us.lgp (
del "high-ge.lgp"
rename "high-us.lgp" "high-ge.lgp"
)
cd..
cd wm
if exist world_us.lgp (
del "world_gm.lgp"
rename "world_us.lgp" "world_gm.lgp"
)
echo Installation erfolgreich!
pause
exit

You have written "world_ge" and "flevel" instead of "world_gm" and "gflevel".

I moved and renamed the files according to the batch. The next hurdle is that the executable seems to point to some us-versions of the files. It's that silly ge/gm-thing again.
This seems to be the only issue with your language patch.

Used a clean installation in the standard directory to test.
Hope it helps.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Yeah, I'm fully aware that they're not going to work without way too much hassle. I'm gonna re-release all three once I've finished making my spanish FF7.exe 1.03.

limped

Can't get the download link to work. Do anyone have a mirror for the installer?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Can't get the download link to work. Do anyone have a mirror for the installer?
Care to explain? It works fine for me...

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
And for me...

PD: Titeguy , para sirve el Multi-language Compatibility pack?? Que hace?

limped

Oh thats strange. I get a Forbidden error on http://mmowned.org/dragon/tite/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe
and it says that it additionally got a 404 error. So I assumed the link was down.

I was trying to use a download manager so I could pause the download, and perhaps that wasn't allowed and I got blocked.

EDIT 2: Bleh, my download didnt finish and now I've gotten "Access Forbidden" for almost 24hrs. All other files you are hosting on that domain is working for me. Just the installer giving me a forbidden msg.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-03 12:49:44 by limped »

albertopsp

• Spanish NoOb (Or so I think) xD
    • View Profile
Try again, it works for me.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Oh thats strange. I get a Forbidden error on http://mmowned.org/dragon/tite/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe
and it says that it additionally got a 404 error. So I assumed the link was down.

I was trying to use a download manager so I could pause the download, and perhaps that wasn't allowed and I got blocked.
I do know of some people who sometimes tend to get that error, the domain tends to not be accessible to everyone....let me know if this persists...

Kranmer

• View Profile
i also had problems when i tried to download when using a Download manager because it used multi connections, So after waiting about 30mins the 404 error went away and the link worked again so next time i set my Download manager to 1 connection and it worked fine.
Also titeguy3 i have been experimenting with different compressions on the files in your installer + updater and found winrar proberly isnt the best choice of compressor,
here is a picture of your updater recompressed into different outputed files
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4624/differencesincompressio.jpg
your original on the left, next to that 7zip Ultra, next to that is one compressed with peazip using ARC compression.
ARC seems to give the best results on both the full installer and the updater,
(it makes the updater 309mb in ARC format and the full installer comes out at 1.56GB in ARC format which is a massive saving)
anyway just thought you might be interested.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I'm aware it isn't compressed optimally, but I've never heard of ARC compression, thanks for the info. I've been thinking of converting to the Nullsoft Installer platform so I'll see what the best compression algorithm compatible with that is. I'll have to look further into ARC compression, though.

One thing I don't want to do is compress the video and audio files, since those are already somewhat compressed, and wouldn't be worth the extra install time.

Kranmer

• View Profile
well ARC is completely free for commercial and noncommercial use and if you use "Inno Setup" there is a free script which allows you to decompress ARC files as part of your installer. (i havent ever used Nullsoft Installer Platform so i dont know if it will have better functions or not)
Well ARC compression does seem to give better compression on both video and audio as well but i havent fully tested packing your installer without videos and audio so i dont know what the results would be.

kela51

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/killakela51
hello titeguy3!! i make a limit original mod.
Do you want it for the next version of the remixer patcher ?

:)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Wow that looks really nice!!  ;D

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
How's it different from SL1982's one from the Team Avalanche patch?

kela51

• View Profile
the texture is different.

thanks drfeelgud88  :)

craziinova

• View Profile
@titeguy3

I think you should give kela51 what he wants and...

PUT IT IN!! PUT IT IN!! PUT IT IN!!

idl12

• View Profile
An advent children version and and an original this guy deserves a statue or something.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
What about a little love for the guys that originally made it?

idl12

• View Profile

;)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
LOL

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
You should probably ask SL1982 to include it in the Team Avalanche patch as an alternate, but if can get around to figuring out NSIS scripting for a Nullsoft installer by the next version, I'll include it as an option.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You should probably ask SL1982 to include it in the Team Avalanche patch as an alternate, but if can get around to figuring out NSIS scripting for a Nullsoft installer by the next version, I'll include it as an option.

Its pretty easy, PM me if you need some tips.

kela51

• View Profile
ok thanks guys :)