Author Topic: Can we get a mod with a playable Seifer?  (Read 8639 times)

Seraphim87

• View Profile
Can we get a mod with a playable Seifer?
« on: 2014-09-12 04:32:12 »
FF7 offers mods that let you play as Sephiroth, so.... why not any mods that allow a playable Seifer? ;)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Can we get a mod with a playable Seifer?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-09-12 08:29:40 »
Do you mean a FF7 mod with Seifer or FF8? Because for FF8 you only need to cheat him back into the party

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-09-12 16:23:28 »
You can have him in your party anytime throughout the game, he just won't show up on the field screens in your conga line. You can use a save editor to do it.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-09-12 18:30:45 »
With some advanced script editing, one might be able to do it. It doesn't exist, at least not yet.

Seraphim87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-09-12 18:53:44 »
It would make for a pretty cool mod.

Although it'd be pure fanon, the only explanation for him joining would be if modders created an excuse on Disc 4 for recruiting him, even if it is just some dialogue before recruiting him. (plus his level would need to scale up upon recruitment)  Anytime before then there'd be 2 Seifers in the world. :P

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-09-12 19:17:08 »
Because playable Sephiroth mods don't have this problem... :P

Seraphim87

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-09-13 01:17:44 »
Welll....

AFTER Disc 3 Seifer is no longer in the game anymore- except for the ending.

I'm just saying it might be cool if a mod were to create a kind of fanfictioney reason for how and why Seifer winds up being recruited.  I'm not sure how difficult that would be to do.  However, the best thing about that is that the ending with Seifer would still make some sense even if he did try to redeem himself by taking up arms about the one who enslaved him.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2014-09-13 02:20:45 »
I never got the sense that he was enslaved, but if such a story were created it would explain a lot.

How would this work with party building? The "form a party" menu only has slots for three in-party and three out-of-party characters.
Sephiroth sort of has this problem too, but in a different way because there's no place in memory for him after you get your whole party.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-09-13 08:12:58 »
Also, you would have to rethink the way Ultimecia's Castle gameplay works, because it is important there to have exactly 6 characters to have 2 teams of 3. That's a problem arising even if you don't fanfiction his recruitment.

How do gameshark codes handle that? I guess they replace one party member (who then becomes unavailable) by Seifer. That wouldn't be satisfying for a mod.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-09-13 12:03:55 »
How would this work with party building? The "form a party" menu only has slots for three in-party and three out-of-party characters.

Uh? There are 8 out-of-party slots...

Seraphim87

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-09-13 18:48:08 »
If that's the case then you could probably have Edea as a recruitable character too.  But I'm more interested in Seifer because he's really badass and he has that easy to execute Limit Break!  ;D