Author Topic: [FF7PC] Remako HD Graphics Mod (AI enhanced field backgrounds) - [cancelled]  (Read 126028 times)

daghda

• View Profile
On the png error issue I think I found the problem.  When you are installing the prerender background mod, it may seem like 7thheaven is locking up and froze.  Leave it alone for a good 20 seconds and it will install the prerender patch.  If you force quit it while its frozen, the mod won't install correctly and you will get that png missing error.  Try uninstalling it and reinstalling but waiting this time for it to unfreeze on its on.  Hopefully this works!

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Hi CaptRobau,

What about animations? Is it possible to fix it?

As I wrote in my release post on my site:

Some effects on some screens aren't filtered to avoid in-game animation bugs. Examples include the glow in Mt. Nibel and the waterfall behind Aeris' house. Still, the bump in resolution outweighs the loss of some of the game's background animations, don't you think?

So no. Not right now at least, with the current tool set.

On the png error issue I think I found the problem.  When you are installing the prerender background mod, it may seem like 7thheaven is locking up and froze.  Leave it alone for a good 20 seconds and it will install the prerender patch.  If you force quit it while its frozen, the mod won't install correctly and you will get that png missing error.  Try uninstalling it and reinstalling but waiting this time for it to unfreeze on its on.  Hopefully this works!

Thanks for the info

Matroska

• View Profile
I've followed the instructions on the Remako site, I even made a clean install of FFVII on Steam to be on the safe side, but it doesn't work. The game starts up as normal and there are no changes other than the movies being in better quality (since the original files themselves have been replaced, that's inevitable). I've also installed other mods like ones that change the character models and they're not showing up either. All mods have been activated, it's not like I just installed them and forgot to activate them which I'd guess might be one obvious cause. The game isn't installed in program files, I've followed the load order guide on this site.

Edit: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the FF7 converter. Now when I try to do it, it says "could not find any languages". I've copy-pasted the directory and put speech marks around it, so I'm not sure what's wrong with that. When I first ran the program it apparently worked without errors, but maybe there was an error it didn't detect/display, and the converter didn't work in the first place (although it did ostensibly work, taking me to the config page).

Edit: The saga continues. Another clean install, got it working this time. The Remako upgraded backgrounds worked as did the improved field models. Then the game crashed upon loading Barret's initial dialogue to Cloud on the train platform (well that's what I assume anyway, it had Barret looking at Cloud then the game froze). Here's the log.

Spoiler: show
[00000000] INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.8.1b
[00000000] INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2 4.6.0 NVIDIA 430.86
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 3840x2160, output resolution 2880x2160, internal resolution 3840x2160
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 4096
[00000000] INFO: postprocessing program link log:
Fragment info
-------------
0(133) : warning C7050: "refractedColor.w" might be used before being initialized

[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
[00000000] INFO: VGMStream music plugin loaded
[00000000] INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
[00000000] LOCK UNLOCK TEST
[00000001] MATRIX INITIALIZE
[00000001] INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
[00000001] initializing sound...
[00000001] creating dsound primary buffer
[00000001] reading audio file
[00000001] loading static sounds
[00000001] sound initialized
[00000001] set music volume: 127
[00000001] set music volume: 127
[00000001] Entering MAIN
[00000001] Exiting MAIN
[00000001] START OF CREDITS!!!
[00000001] INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/pcm_s16le 1280x960, 30.000300 FPS, duration: 11.133222, frames: 334
[00000077] set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
[00000142] END OF CREDITS!!!
[00000142] Entering MAIN
[00000142] set music volume: 127
[00000142] Exiting MAIN
[00000142] START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
[00000562] END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
[00000562] Entering MAIN
[00000566] Exiting MAIN
[00000566] Field Start
[00000567] INFO: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\opening.avi; h264/pcm_s16le 1280x896, 15.000200 FPS, duration: 119.465074, frames: 1792
[00002842] ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2019-07-08 18:52:14 by Matroska »

jackkane

• View Profile
it keeps asking me to insert disc one this is when trying to use 7th heaven.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
With what we currently have, it is. After this fully releases, if something new comes along that uses this same method (or better), then it will be added. The older mods will need to be retired to free up the limited storage space.

I can provide hosting space, for free of course, if it means maintaining choice for the community.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Sure, that's fine. Nothing stopping you from downloading the 3 options from Catalog 2.0 and archiving them yourself.

There will be 3 choices in Catalog 3.0 using AI enhanced texture packs, so there isn't a change in choices. Their quality is superior to older methods, so it's not worth keeping around options no one will use.

kekko1285

• View Profile
Hey CaptRobau, are you planning to release a follow up to this release fixing bugs and issues? Would be nice to keep this mod maintained since I think it is the best looking one :D

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
Sure, that's fine. Nothing stopping you from downloading the 3 options from Catalog 2.0 and archiving them yourself.

There will be 3 choices in Catalog 3.0 using AI enhanced texture packs, so there isn't a change in choices. Their quality is superior to older methods, so it's not worth keeping around options no one will use.

Thats good to hear you adding all the new packs.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hey CaptRobau, are you planning to release a follow up to this release fixing bugs and issues? Would be nice to keep this mod maintained since I think it is the best looking one :D
So far CaptRobau haven't fixed anything from it's initial release, i hope he will, maybe you can try to mp him.
Others packs are ready to use, check on this forum, you may find a pack more finalised.
« Last Edit: 2019-07-21 17:07:11 by satsuki »

kekko1285

• View Profile
So far CaptRobau haven't fixed anything from it's initial release, i hope he will, maybe you can try to mp him.
Others packs are ready to use, check on this forum, you may find a pack more finalised.

Good to see you've edited your initial message, it was way too mean  :wink:
Try to not make the "frechness" that is in you take over :D <- (I'm Italian, I love french people and this is just a joke)

Anyway, yes, I'll try to PM him. I can see from his personal blog he's on different projects, he might not want to perfect this one. It is a pity, although understandable.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
both need scanline effect and they'll look great.  Which is what I do.

Where are your scanline textures? Or you applying it postprocessing?

CaptRobau

• View Profile

Hi, sorry forgot about this thread. I do have plans for a Remako v1.1 version, with some fixes and new features. Want it finished in 2019, but don't know when exactly. One of these coming weeks I'll probably look myself in with FF7 one more time to get the new update out.

purplegreendave

• View Profile
Hi, I have a pretty old/rubbish laptop. I was just wondering if there's any chance it would be able to run this mod?
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/43544/intel-core-i5-540m-processor-3m-cache-2-53-ghz.html
Intel HD Graphics, pretty basic stuff.

If you guys think it might handle the game + this mod, are there any other mods you think I could/should run in tandem?
Is there a notable difference between the SE Store and Steam versions with regards ease of modding?

I'd like to get a playthrough in before the remake but if this wont work out for me I'll just dig out my PS3 and play the OG disk version instead. I'd happily throw down the $10-15 for a pc key if I could play with some upgrades though!

CaptRobau

• View Profile
Sadly, I've heard reports that a modded FF7 can't run well on integrated graphics. I don't want you to spend money on the game without a firm guarantee that it will work. If someone has more data regarding your setup and Remako, I'd be happy to have my statement disproven.

purplegreendave

• View Profile
Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I expected. Would have been nice for the faster battles if nothing else but I don't want to buy a game that won't run on my computer. I had kind of hoped that it would handle the neural-improved backgrounds because they're static images but I really have no idea how it works.

jumpercable

• View Profile
are donations allowed for this project or is this a labor of love?

Manakaiser

• View Profile
are donations allowed for this project or is this a labor of love?

lol...

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
Lol? Some of us just want to support the community. Nothing wrong with that.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
There are more deserving people and projects...

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
Even if you prefer one mod over the other, or you don't agree with decisions made, it's a bit rude to belittle modders like this in their own thread. Remako isn't perfect. But ultimately it's up to the users to pick which mod works for them.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Here's a hint... when someone just slaps stuff on their blog and says "Don't come to me with your problems, bother these other people instead," not only am I'm going to call them out on it, I'm sure as hell not going to encourage people to donate to them.

Hermy

• View Profile
Is there any chance Remako HD will ever be a stand-alone program? For the life of me, I cannot get 7'th Heaven to launch FF7.

For example, The Moguri patch for FF9 works like a charm, and it's so easy. I just like FF7 better and wish there was a similar solution.

Thanks
Hermy:)

kekko1285

• View Profile
Is there any chance Remako HD will ever be a stand-alone program? For the life of me, I cannot get 7'th Heaven to launch FF7.

For example, The Moguri patch for FF9 works like a charm, and it's so easy. I just like FF7 better and wish there was a similar solution.

Thanks

Forget 7th Heaven 1.x!

You should definitely give a try to the newly released 7th Heaven 2.0 -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.0 It's incredibly easy to setup and get it started

I'd also strongly suggest you to NOT use this graphical mod (it has not been updated in several months) and instead opt for a much better and bug free upscaling mod -> http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19204.0

Hope this helps.

I hope this help.

Maston

• View Profile

Thanks
Remako is being updated and it will be a stand alone version.
He said on his site.

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Remako is being updated and it will be a stand alone version.
He said on his site.
He said this nearly a year ago. Since then, this mod has received NO updates and its author has been nowhere to be found in any of FFVII's modding communities, on this site, Discord, Youtube, or anywhere else. The mod is dead and obsolete besides.