Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008208 times)

AuthenticM

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R05c)
« Reply #4600 on: 2019-05-20 14:14:46 »
Which one?  There's satsuki, jusete, remako, and probably and one or two others I'm forgetting.  Look over here
I didn't know there were more than one! Thanks.

Are they all compatible with The Reunion?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: 2019-05-20 15:00:37 »
Are they all compatible with The Reunion?
No idea, just try them out ;) However, because Reunion is meant to be completely stand-alone rather than mixed in with a manager like 7H, your best bet is to manually unpack the IROs and layer them on top a clean Reunion install.  Make sure to keep a backup of the originals, that way if something does conflict, you can easily revert to vanilla FF7 or FF7+R.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-20 15:04:29 by LordUrQuan »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: 2019-05-20 15:04:07 »
bloody double post

liptony

• View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: 2019-05-20 16:17:37 »
The 60FPS is working?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: 2019-05-20 17:21:59 »
There is no need for a backup because the reunion doesn't have these files.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: 2019-05-20 17:56:39 »
Right, but once you start dropping files into the various folders it's easy to get into an inconsistent state with bits and pieces of different mods active at the same time.  Make a backup of the clean install, and you can always just nuke the borked version, copy back the clean, and return to a known-good condition ;)

StickySock

• View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: 2019-05-21 15:12:42 »
Hey Dan, I have a proposal for you. I have reason to believe a lot of people (including a lot of YouTubers and Twitch streamers) are going to be heading back to FF7 for playthroughs after E3 (in June). With all the attention brought back to FF7, it would be a great time showcase all your work. Obviously, R06 can't happen until it's ready, but once it does it would make sense to do a merge with New Threat (if it is also ready at that time) for two reasons.

1. It would be a good showcase for both mods since all the attention will be on FF7 for a while. Waiting for a "final" version of Reunion might end up being years away.

2. Once the merge happens, there are bound to be a couple of errors anyway, so waiting for R07 would still not lead to a "perfect" version right away. This way some bugs could be found and some experience could be gained in the process and lead to a better R07 merge.

Obviously if it's just not feasible to do within the next couple months, there is little point to doing an early merge. However, I think there is a huge potential for "attention", but if that's even something you want is another question.

Hyperthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: 2019-05-21 19:23:19 »
Not sure if this has been reported already, but I was watching a longplay of your mod (R05C I believe) and feel one of Cloud's lines on the Highwind following his "moment" with Tifa needs a minor revision:

Tifa:
"This airship is way too big for just the two of us."
"It feels so lonely without the others."

Cloud:
"Don't worry, it'll be okay."
"I'll make a big enough noise for everyone."

In the original translation he says he'll "make a big enough ruckus for everyone." Even if "noise" is more accurate, "making…a ruckus" (or "raising…a ruckus") is an actual idiom, whereas "making…a noise," though grammatically correct, is just awkward phrasing given the context. Cloud is talking about making the Highwind appear more lively than it really is, so revising his line to something more like "I'll make enough noise for everyone," would better communicate that.

bigsassy

• View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: 2019-05-23 13:55:21 »
1. A LOT of testing
Is there anyway we can help with that?  You do so much, it seems like one of the few places the community can help share the load with you.

UGoBoom

• View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: 2019-05-23 19:10:54 »
it would make sense to do a merge with New Threat (if it is also ready at that time) for two reasons.

this mod has Weapon in the works which has that same goal of changing up the gameplay, and our boi already said a ton of tims he doesn't care about other mods

so combining these two is only gonna happen if someone else makes a modpack or something after the fact, but with Weapon disabled, if that's even gonna be possible still. and yeah I'd suggest a Reunion + Remako modpack any day before something purposefully unfaithful to the original like New threat, since ff7 nostalgia dudes are gonna want to play something at least somewhat close to what they remember

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: 2019-05-23 20:13:49 »
Is there anyway we can help with that?  You do so much, it seems like one of the few places the community can help share the load with you.

Sadly, no.  I have to test a ton of code and other stuff that people won't know where to begin.  The end user will indeed be the final tester anyway - and there WILL be issues.

Also, I've said New Threat merge is possible but only when both mods are complete or very near it.

AssailantLF

• View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: 2019-05-23 21:45:18 »
Hey, I'm a big fan of this project, especially the translation and 60 fps battles. However, the sharply pixellated backgrounds are a little jarring and annoying with the new models.

Is it currently possible to change the in-game textures (or linear-blur them) along with R05 without breaking anything? Or is that only possible with older versions, and likely the upcoming R06?

Either way, amazing work that we're lucky to have at all.

edit: I found a nice compromise by using R05 models + 60 fps battles (which both seem to be completely compatible with 7th Heaven), allowing upscaled HD backgrounds, R03 Beacause + Menu, and a shortcut to skip cutscenes. It's missing many R05 conveniences and features, and I'm sure R03 has many problems compared to v5, but it's still leagues ahead of the original PSX translation, so this is definitely a good enough holdover until R06.

SUPER edit: Turns out, you can use R05c and 7th Heaven 1.54 together just fine, allowing me to play with all the features and Satsuki's high-res textures. I installed Reunion last, as advised in the readme.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-30 19:28:12 by AssailantLF »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: 2019-05-24 08:30:41 »
Sadly, no.  I have to test a ton of code and other stuff that people won't know where to begin.  The end user will indeed be the final tester anyway - and there WILL be issues.

Also, I've said New Threat merge is possible but only when both mods are complete or very near it.

Wiseman

• View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: 2019-05-24 21:03:52 »
Is it currently possible to change the in-game textures (or linear-blur them) along with R05 without breaking anything? Or is that only possible with older versions, and likely the upcoming R06?

I believe the modern PC version already comes with some linear filtering. It's an option in the launcher IIRC.

KorinFlakes

• View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: 2019-05-25 03:04:26 »
Hey, I'm a big fan of this project, especially the translation and 60 fps battles. However, the sharply pixellated backgrounds are a little jarring and annoying with the new models.

You can install Remako (and a number of other 7th heaven mods) and R05 at the same time, although the process is a little involved. Arc.Sky.Dragon has the instructions in this steam discussion: https://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/3022387599798577530/

AssailantLF

• View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: 2019-05-25 23:15:17 »
I believe the modern PC version already comes with some linear filtering. It's an option in the launcher IIRC.

Linear filtering in the Steam version doesn't work for me for whatever reason, maybe because I have an Intel HD instead of a normal graphics card?

You can install Remako (and a number of other 7th heaven mods) and R05 at the same time, although the process is a little involved. Arc.Sky.Dragon has the instructions in this steam discussion: https://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/3022387599798577530/

That method breaks 60 fps (making battles run unbearably slower) and has misaligned text, at least for my setup.

---

Thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty happy with the compromise I found, especially now that I'm many hours into a playthrough.

KorinFlakes

• View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: 2019-05-26 00:13:06 »
That method breaks 60 fps (making battles run unbearably slower) and has misaligned text, at least for my setup.

---

Thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty happy with the compromise I found, especially now that I'm many hours into a playthrough.

Originally that happened when I tried it, but I redid the installation and it all worked fine for me (60fps battles and all). I just assumed I did something wrong.

Are the transparent/FFX style battle boxes going to be added back in with R06 (or at least an option for them)? I miss that mod.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-26 00:15:00 by KorinFlakes »

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4617 on: 2019-05-26 05:36:29 »
Hi KorinFlakes, find below DLPB's answer on that matter:

Nah - that's long gone.  It didn't fit in with the engine or original style and to be honest nearly all the graphical updates suffer that issue.  It was a good idea while it lasted, but the original engine and text is part of what FF7 is.

Changing the font and trying to polish a turd takes away more than what it gives - and it also means I have to add loads of code and time that I could be using elsewhere.

The Menu Enhancement is all I support now.

However the R06 has an option that make original blu windows slightly transparent.

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: 2019-05-26 13:07:18 »
Hi KorinFlakes, find below DLPB's answer on that matter:

However the R06 has an option that make original blu windows slightly transparent.

But R06 isn't out yet right?

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4619 on: 2019-05-26 14:05:17 »
Nope. As per DLPB the R06 it's not far.

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #4620 on: 2019-05-26 15:04:08 »
Nice, looking forward to it! I hope I can get Renuion R06 and Remako 1.0 working without to much hassle, seems like the perfect combination!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #4621 on: 2019-05-26 15:24:55 »
Nice, looking forward to it! I hope I can get Renuion R06 and Remako 1.0 working without to much hassle, seems like the perfect combination!

There shouldn't be any issues since Reunion doesn't touch field textures. Just gotta make sure everything is set to load into the same Aali modpath folder.

picklejar

• View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: 2019-06-03 13:21:09 »
Which parts of R06 will be required vs optional?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: 2019-06-03 13:28:15 »
It's best to wait til it's out or I'll just be repeating myself endlessly.

The audio replacement module is pretty much the only thing not optional - so Midi is a goner. Oh, and the frame limiter fix.

Most of it is optional.  When New Translation is used - MO is automatically used at that point and isn't standalone.  But you can place back your own translation because I've created a full modding solution.

When Weapon is selected, all bets are off - as I then force various bug fixes and options.

0 = No weapon
1 = Some fun script additions and minigame changes
2 = Full mod (not even started yet, really) - All bug fixes are non optional with this one.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
« Reply #4624 on: 2019-06-03 14:19:02 »
It's best to wait til it's out or I'll just be repeating myself endlessly.

The audio replacement module is pretty much the only thing not optional - so Midi is a goner. Oh, and the frame limiter fix.

Most of it is optional.  When New Translation is used - MO is automatically used at that point and isn't standalone.  But you can place back your own translation because I've created a full modding solution.

When Weapon is selected, all bets are off - as I then force various bug fixes and options.

0 = No weapon
1 = Some fun script additions and minigame changes
2 = Full mod (not even started yet, really) - All bug fixes are non optional with this one.

Jeez DLPB you are forcing me to start R05c. :c
(joke, more than happy to do so, less because will be not helpful at all for the new Reunion cause)

Quick question on Beacause 1st page introduction is mentioned: "Some unused dialogue reinstated".

Are these many and listed anywhere? Are they significant to the story/plot structure?

Cheers,
Kuraudo.
« Last Edit: 2019-06-03 14:24:39 by Kuraudo. »