Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825845 times)

wdx

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10400 on: 2020-09-14 06:52:10 »
Spoiler: show

Does she need to be party leader or am I doing something else wrong?

required as party leader.  u can change party leader after nip down the northern crater save point at the 'steps down' then head back up to the highwind. right hand NPC in the highwind save area will allow the party leader swap.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: 2020-09-14 06:54:29 »

this is probably something you fixed on 2.0 but I thought it was amusing so I'm posting

in 1.5 in the dark cave sidequest, in tifa's bar, I think there should be no one here other than tifa and barret, but everyone is here. However I can't get any of them into my party, aside from tifa and barret. Did I do something wrong? I think I'll meet the rest of them as the quest continues

dark cave sidequests removed in v2.
in 1.5 normally its those which find then can intertact with them to have in your party or use phs at savepoint.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: 2020-09-15 13:23:09 »
Hello little help please how do I get Tifa's Final Heaven please I played the tune on the piano but it not appearing.  :?

Also were do you find Ribbon please.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-15 13:59:09 by Yuffie1983 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: 2020-09-15 16:42:03 »
Disk 3 spoilers:
I farmed up a set of mastered Elemental and Added-Effect materia to go Weapon hunting, but it turns out that was unnecessary as long as I could open with Great Gospel and then mime KotR a bunch. I wasn't quite able to beat them without taking any damage, but close enough.

Then I stumbled upon Ozma blindly, and that was quite a surprise. I attempted it a couple of times without Aerith's limit ready and got wrecked pretty hard (being at level 72, 75, and 76 didn't help  :)), but I think the same idea should work, especially if I farm to level 77 to dodge all the level-based stuff.

Anyway, I unlocked Ozma trying to get Tifa'4 level 4 limit break. I got 1 gil from playing the main theme as Cloud at her home piano and then got Ozma at the Shinra mansion piano. Does she need to be party leader or am I doing something else wrong?

Odd, I'll check the trigger for both.

Hello little help please how do I get Tifa's Final Heaven please I played the tune on the piano but it not appearing.  :?

Also were do you find Ribbon please.

I think Tifa needs to be party leader for it; if you return from the bottom of the North Crater where the 3 paths rejoin then a swap feature is unlocked on the Highwind in the Operations Room (NPC on the right). If she plays the tune then it should trigger.

There's only one Ribbon in the game and it's acquired at the end of Disc 1
but only if Aeris doesn't make it.

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: 2020-09-15 17:45:38 »
if you return from the bottom of the North Crater where the 3 paths rejoin then a swap feature is unlocked on the Highwind in the Operations Room (NPC on the right).

I've seen this mentioned a few times and forgot to mention it, but the feature was available for me as soon as Disc 3 started, even before going to the Crater. Now I'm not sure what would have happened if I got to the split passages point with Tifa or Cid.

EDIT: Speaking of which, going to Cait Sith's sidequest with Cid or Tifa as the leader makes Cloud's model appear on screen.
« Last Edit: 2020-09-15 17:49:49 by Spotty Len »

heretic667

• View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: 2020-09-17 21:07:52 »
Does this mod fix things change the text in game from MENU / SWITCH / CANCEL / PAGEUP / etc. to the actual A/B/X/Y/ buttons from an X-Box controller?

Basically does something like this work: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179295659 ?

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: 2020-09-17 21:33:23 »
Is there other anyway to learn mustard bomb enemy skill apart from the the knights of the round protector. Thanks for any help.

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: 2020-09-18 02:28:55 »
Is there other anyway to learn mustard bomb enemy skill apart from the the knights of the round protector. Thanks for any help.

I learned mine manipulating Pollensalta (northern crater, down that spiral). Equip a hypnocrown because it's tough manipulating her without it.

guys, what are the uses of some key items like, hero medal, 7777 needles, white materia for example?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: 2020-09-18 07:07:24 »
Does this mod fix things change the text in game from MENU / SWITCH / CANCEL / PAGEUP / etc. to the actual A/B/X/Y/ buttons from an X-Box controller?

Basically does something like this work: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179295659 ?

u can use the likes of 7th heaven to configure your controller to exactly the way you want it.
https://imgur.com/Vjca3oS

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: 2020-09-18 07:08:45 »
I learned mine manipulating Pollensalta (northern crater, down that spiral). Equip a hypnocrown because it's tough manipulating her without it.

guys, what are the uses of some key items like, hero medal, 7777 needles, white materia for example?

try the weaponsmith near gold saucer location. he has a use for the needles :)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10410 on: 2020-09-18 08:10:05 »

Thanks for that, also how do you get to face Ozma in the Shinra mansion it is to do with the piano but can work out what tune it is again thanks for the help. ;D ;D

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10411 on: 2020-09-18 12:53:55 »
Thanks for that, also how do you get to face Ozma in the Shinra mansion it is to do with the piano but can work out what tune it is again thanks for the help. ;D ;D

tifa's theme tune, same as her limit in the shinra mansion piano.
ps in v2 its hallway, in v1.5 its back at the nibel reactor :)

heretic667

• View Profile
« Reply #10412 on: 2020-09-20 19:51:02 »
Is it normal that I'm having trouble with money in the early game?  I've reached Junon and find myself unable to buy much having to sell my ethers. 

Am I missing something? :|

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #10413 on: 2020-09-21 11:33:19 »
Is it normal that I'm having trouble with money in the early game?  I've reached Junon and find myself unable to buy much having to sell my ethers. 

Yes it is normal, the best way to get money was in  Sector 7 area morphing Vampire Fangs from the Whole Eaters and then selling them for 900 gil a piece.

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #10414 on: 2020-09-21 16:24:43 »

It happened to me on 1.5 so it's intended. I sold the MP Plus materia from Ziegfried and still went nearly broke by Cosmo Canyon. You'll be flooded with cash after you get the Highwind since you get much more AP and can easily max ALL materia to sell.

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10415 on: 2020-09-22 03:48:19 »
It happened to me on 1.5 so it's intended. I sold the MP Plus materia from Ziegfried and still went nearly broke by Cosmo Canyon. You'll be flooded with cash after you get the Highwind since you get much more AP and can easily max ALL materia to sell.

so true. In the 3rd disc and I literally had nothing to spend my near 3 million gil (and I wasn't grinding by any means).
I just finished 1.5. so good. But it got a little easy after w-item. I can't help but use the glitch.

Tank Evans

• View Profile
« Reply #10416 on: 2020-09-23 04:55:18 »
Hey everyone!

I am hoping to get some more info on what the difference is between New Threat Vanilla Combat and FF7 Vanilla Combat and if there is any content or story changes with New Threat Vanilla Combat.

I haven't played this game since 6th or 7th grade and a buddy of mine told me about 7th heaven and the mods for this game and now here I am.

It has been so long since I beat Vanilla FF7 that I have forgot most of the story and was planing on doing a Vanilla play through before trying 1.5 or 2.0 so I could appreciate the changes made in the content portion of each version.

Then I saw in the catalog of 7th heaven, New Threat Vanilla Combat, and couldn't find anywhere more detailed info on what it is and how it differs from Vanilla FF7 combat and any possible story changes.

Thanks for the help guys!
« Last Edit: 2020-09-23 05:00:56 by Tank Evans »

nyny1010

• View Profile
« Reply #10417 on: 2020-09-24 19:58:18 »
Hi folks, experiencing a strange problem on disk 3 after reaching the bottom of the north cave and returning to the highwind.

I can't swap out any characters in my party other than Cloud (by changing party leader), Cid, Tifa, and Aeris (who was in my party when I reached the bottom of north cave). All the other characters are locked in the PHS and can't be selected, like how Cloud is usually locked if you select him in PHS. Anyone else had this problem and knows a way to solve it?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10418 on: 2020-09-25 06:36:41 »
I can't swap out any characters in my party other than Cloud (by changing party leader), Cid, Tifa, and Aeris (who was in my party when I reached the bottom of north cave). All the other characters are locked in the PHS and can't be selected, like how Cloud is usually locked if you select him in PHS. Anyone else had this problem and knows a way to solve it?

not had that issue, thats a strange one. I'd suggest u attach your savefile so that the mod creator can possily try to replicate the issuue.
Is new threat the only mod you  have loaded?

nyny1010

• View Profile
« Reply #10419 on: 2020-09-27 23:32:08 »
not had that issue, thats a strange one. I'd suggest u attach your savefile so that the mod creator can possily try to replicate the issuue.
Is new threat the only mod you  have loaded?

Weird right? Well I put my save file in black chocobo and allowed characters to be swapped into the party, that resolved things for now.

It has been so long since I beat Vanilla FF7 that I have forgot most of the story and was planing on doing a Vanilla play through before trying 1.5 or 2.0 so I could appreciate the changes made in the content portion of each version.

Then I saw in the catalog of 7th heaven, New Threat Vanilla Combat, and couldn't find anywhere more detailed info on what it is and how it differs from Vanilla FF7 combat and any possible story changes.

Thanks for the help guys!

The Vanilla combat version is going to be exactly the same as FF7 on PlayStation 1 in terms of Materia, weapons, items, and bosses. It adds features from New Threat like skipping long story sequences, the improved script. The option to keep Aeris is the biggest (and pretty much only) story change in the Vanilla Combat from original FF7.

The regular New Threat has all those changes and adds some pretty incredible content like new bosses, enemies, weapons and sidequests that you won't get with the Vanilla version  :mrgreen:

skeeith

• View Profile
« Reply #10420 on: 2020-09-29 23:30:46 »
Does anyone know why Aerith can't be save in Type B?

I'm currently playing the Type B option on New Threat and I'm on the part where Sephiroth will kill Aerith, but there's no dialog or option to save Aerith at all.

Did I do something wrong a long the way?

The mod is installed properly cause the enemies are harder and some of the Materia changed, like the 1 star summon materias.

This is really disturbing as to why saving Aerith can't be done on Type B on my game play.

Diabeto

• View Profile
« Reply #10421 on: 2020-10-03 04:54:14 »
Hi! I've been trying to get this mod to work on 7th heaven for the past 5 hours and I can't get it to work. I can get through the opening cinematic and then when I head into the very first fight a error pops up that says "Oops! something very bad happened. Wrote emergency save to save/crash.ff7 dir." I've tried NT 1.5 also because I haven't played the mod at all and the same thing is happening. I'm currently not running any other mods with it and I am trying to do this off of the steam version of the game, I've been looking up to see if anyone else is having a similar problem but I couldn't find any other similar situation.

Thanks again!

Diabeto

• View Profile
« Reply #10422 on: 2020-10-03 20:28:02 »
Wait, Wait, I'm stupid and was trying to stack the qhimm's gameplay mod with the nt mod and now I have it working, I don't know why I didn't think that was the problem yesterday, but it's working fine now. It only takes me over 6 hours of dumbassery for me to figure out simple solutions hahaha.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10423 on: 2020-10-04 08:23:43 »
Does anyone know why Aerith can't be save in Type B?

I'm currently playing the Type B option on New Threat and I'm on the part where Sephiroth will kill Aerith, but there's no dialog or option to save Aerith at all.

Did I do something wrong a long the way?

The mod is installed properly cause the enemies are harder and some of the Materia changed, like the 1 star summon materias.

This is really disturbing as to why saving Aerith can't be done on Type B on my game play.

you can save her

do not kill the flowergirl in that battle :>  you can revive her on the highwind, to keep the ribbon from her dying later on if prefer.  pretty sure this question has been answered several times already :)

galax-C

• View Profile
« Reply #10424 on: 2020-10-04 16:31:02 »
Having an issue with 1/35 soldier collecting. When I pick up the one during the Midgar raid, the one on the scaffolding listed as #9 in the documentation, the item doesn't transfer into my inventory. I'm in Hard mode, type B. Anyone else?