Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825537 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6450 on: 2017-12-19 17:51:25 »
Theres a major issue in the GoldBerry fight. In the fight i had 2 members be hit with multiple gold grudges and gold knife attacks leaving 2 characters in a perma paralyze state, after the 3rd member died the tonberrys proceed to move around and the battle wont prgress since the paralyze status will not wear off. Since the tonberrys dont deal damage unless counter attacking this leads to an infinite battle loop where I had to close my game out entirely.

Ah, I hadn't considered that; I think it's a combo of paralysis and Stop, I'll remove one of them.

Oxymorjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: 2017-12-19 20:44:26 »
I'm kinda freaking out a lil bit thinking I missed the E. Skill Materia(s). I just got the Dune Buggy. lol. Did I screw up?

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: 2017-12-19 21:03:37 »
The moment Red XIII joins your party, he should already have it in his materia setup.

Oxymorjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: 2017-12-19 21:09:12 »
Ayyy, thanks.

EDIT: I thought it might be on there and I just didn't notice it. I haven't been using Red. Just checked, no E. Skill on him. Unfortunate. D:

EDIT 2: Hacked it in with BC. Seems to have worked lol. Hopefully it doesn't do anything screwy.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-19 21:20:09 by Oxymorjohn »

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: 2017-12-19 21:37:24 »
Ah, I hadn't considered that; I think it's a combo of paralysis and Stop, I'll remove one of them.

i cant reproduce this outside of that battle. Went into other battles and tested all kinds of combinations, thI put cloud under slow+stop+paralyze+sleep+resist and after a few turns his model started the idle animation again and a few turns later he woke up. In the goldberry fight i waited for over 5 minutes and all the effects were still active on me before i just closed the game, I think the issue is from using the Wait ATB mode. Since there are so many tonberry's and they are using the move command very frequent you only recieve tiny increments on your "timer" to being active again. After this i dont think its an "infinite" battle, but having to wait that long in a battle is still an issue to address.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #6455 on: 2017-12-19 21:43:53 »
hey, been a while since I visited, but what's the difference between 1.4 vs 1.5? Anything big?

Adil60100

• View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: 2017-12-20 06:48:06 »
Hi, It is normal i've got in the plage of Junon, the boss named " Jormungandr " with 16k hp? Because i saw some video and it's "Illu...".
And is it normal the boss in the Nibel Caves is Armour Keeper, the doc is updated?
« Last Edit: 2017-12-20 07:47:23 by Adil60100 »

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: 2017-12-20 13:15:24 »

The Hyper Jump problem, like UpRisen says, is an issue with the PC version in general. The exact cause is unknown, but its suspected that the way in which the OpenGL driver handles alpha blending is to blame. Under certain conditions (currently unknown) the animation can cause the game to crash; DLPB is looking into it and I've been supplying him test fights but we've not been able to replicate it reliably yet. I've ran into the crash a few times, but don't know myself why it'll hang the game sometimes and not others.

Ah, understood, I guess back to Limit Level 1 until I get Level 3!

Thanks both for the info!

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: 2017-12-20 13:17:55 »
I don't want to sound like I'm nit-picking, so hopefully it doesn't come across this way haha.

So I liked how you removed the scene after Temple of Ancients where Cait Sith 2 shows up and is just like "Yo, I'm back, I'm #2" cause I always found that pretty odd.

But I thought it would have been a cool change to have him missing from the party for a bit and get the new model later (though I can't think of a part that would really work).
It just seemed odd that the second one got no introduction this time around and is just still in your party after Temple of Ancients.

Just some food for though! Would love to discuss!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: 2017-12-20 14:18:00 »
hey, been a while since I visited, but what's the difference between 1.4 vs 1.5? Anything big?

Not a huge amount, there was a rebalance done to it; was mostly tying up loose threads.

I don't want to sound like I'm nit-picking, so hopefully it doesn't come across this way haha.

So I liked how you removed the scene after Temple of Ancients where Cait Sith 2 shows up and is just like "Yo, I'm back, I'm #2" cause I always found that pretty odd.

But I thought it would have been a cool change to have him missing from the party for a bit and get the new model later (though I can't think of a part that would really work).
It just seemed odd that the second one got no introduction this time around and is just still in your party after Temple of Ancients.

Did I remove that? I wasn't aware that scene was gone.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: 2017-12-20 14:23:24 »

Well, while being a little awkward it kind of works honestly. Since
Spoiler: show
Cait Sith is controlled by Reeve (or something to the effect of controlled cause he seems a bit autonomous) I'm sure He knew that Cait Sith 1 was gonna disappear once the plan set to action. So he sent out Cait Sith 2 to meet up with Cloud and the gang to be there when 1 disappeared. With Shinra's resources at his disposal, it wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: 2017-12-20 15:00:46 »
It's poor writing and poor scripting... and Cait is a useless bag of crap.  But you can at least suppose that what strife98 says is true. 

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: 2017-12-20 15:19:20 »
Not a huge amount, there was a rebalance done to it; was mostly tying up loose threads.

Did I remove that? I wasn't aware that scene was gone.

Yeah, Cait Sith never shows up after you give Sephiroth the black materia. Maybe it's a PC thing?

Well, while being a little awkward it kind of works honestly. Since
Cait Sith is controlled by Reeve (or something to the effect of controlled cause he seems a bit autonomous) I'm sure He knew that Cait Sith 1 was gonna disappear once the plan set to action. So he sent out Cait Sith 2 to meet up with Cloud and the gang to be there when 1 disappeared. With Shinra's resources at his disposal, it wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do.

Oh, I mean, in that sense it makes sense. But the scene leading up to it,
where it's posed at a redemption scenario for Cait Sith and he sacrifices himself for the party, and it's all emotional with the music. Then, bam you get him right back haha.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: 2017-12-20 15:26:12 »
Oh, I mean, in that sense it makes sense. But the scene leading up to it,
where it's posed at a redemption scenario for Cait Sith and he sacrifices himself for the party, and it's all emotional with the music. Then, bam you get him right back haha.

Yeah, it's not the greatest writing in the world like DLPB said. It definitely could've been done a lot better.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: 2017-12-20 15:28:08 »

Well, the original translation is mostly at fault here.  Look how it's meant to be:

#cy 88
{CAIT SITH}
“Dinnae forget aboot me,even
  when the new {CAIT SITH} arrives.”
------------------------------
#cy 88
{CAIT SITH}
“Awright,let’s dae it…
  Ah’m off tae save the planet!”

He makes it clear he's coming back... that he's just a toy that can be replaced.

It's also the fact that Aerith dies later and the player expects something similar to happen. It makes her death's impact greater.

« Last Edit: 2017-12-20 15:31:49 by DLPB »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6465 on: 2017-12-20 15:54:14 »
Well, the original translation is mostly at fault here.  Look how it's meant to be:

#cy 88
{CAIT SITH}
“Dinnae forget aboot me,even
  when the new {CAIT SITH} arrives.”
------------------------------
#cy 88
{CAIT SITH}
“Awright,let’s dae it…
  Ah’m off tae save the planet!”

He makes it clear he's coming back... that he's just a toy that can be replaced.

It's also the fact that Aerith dies later and the player expects something similar to happen. It makes her death's impact greater.
Huh, I didn't know that he had an accent originally. I thought it was something they added in for the voice roles. Makes sense though cause of the name origin. I wonder why they took it out? I guess cause it'd be hard to read maybe?
« Last Edit: 2017-12-20 15:56:47 by strife98 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: 2017-12-20 16:52:17 »
The original localizer assumed the accent wasn't necessary - and had no idea which accent he should use. Like with a lot of things, Michael Baskett was left in the dark.  The dialogue above is from the retranslation project.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-20 16:54:15 by DLPB »

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: 2017-12-20 18:34:58 »
I mean, he makes a similar statement in the original release (something along the line of like "Even if another Cait Sith comes along or something). But I see your point.

Also, yeah the Reunion mod adds the accent back and it makes way more sense in the scene where Reeves gets found out.

Also in Advent Children he has the Scottish accent too.

mkrnova

• View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: 2017-12-20 19:46:02 »
Hello how is everyone doing sorry to bug to but I am trying to install the mod on the steam version and I am having problems when I install it says there is a error I didn't do what the note says about changing some of the folder names cause it talk about merging them and the same for the files in the field folder cause it says it would add a 2 or 3 in the file name what am I to do cause the video says to just click the data folder and done but when I do it give a error and I am sorry to bug you all.

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: 2017-12-20 23:16:19 »
Not sure if intended, but I was able to do yuffies and vincents "new threat" fights during disc 2 as soon as i had the sub. The extra battle square matches aswell.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-20 23:34:33 by UpRisen »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: 2017-12-21 00:23:13 »
Hello how is everyone doing sorry to bug to but I am trying to install the mod on the steam version and I am having problems when I install it says there is a error I didn't do what the note says about changing some of the folder names cause it talk about merging them and the same for the files in the field folder cause it says it would add a 2 or 3 in the file name what am I to do cause the video says to just click the data folder and done but when I do it give a error and I am sorry to bug you all.

You only need to change file names if your installation isn't the english version of the game. The patcher will look for a folder called lang-en and a file called 'flevel.lgp' in the Field folder; these have slightly different names for the Spanish, French, and German versions so they need to be given their english names before the installer is used and then renamed back to their original names after patching is complete.

If you have the english version of the game installed, then you don't need to rename anything.

If you are getting a message about merging folders and (2) (3)s after file names then I'm not sure what exactly you're doing as the installer doesn't create copies of files, it just patches them.

Not sure if intended, but I was able to do yuffies and vincents "new threat" fights during disc 2 as soon as i had the sub. The extra battle square matches aswell.

There was a plan to make stuff available earlier but it was only implemented for some of it. It's intended.

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: 2017-12-21 02:20:45 »
After entering the Dark cave for dios side quest and barret & cloud have their initial dialogue the game softlocks and i do not regain control of my character and barret doesnt run off. I turned off the iros for npc, main character, and item field models and it progressed normally so im unsure as to which one actually was conflicting with it since none of those should change the flevel in any way that causes control to not be returned to the character. And while on the Dark Cave, in the back room of the church you can walk normally over the area that Cloud jumps over the first time you are there.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-21 03:30:08 by UpRisen »

Oxymorjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: 2017-12-21 06:35:30 »
Hey, Sega. Just wanted you to know there's a bit of a cheesey tactic I'm not sure is intentional or not. The giant bird enemies you can fight on the beach near Temple of the Ancients give HUGE xp. I'm talking like, 2-4 levels worth (depending on current level). Considering they only take a couple of minutes to kill, it seems a bit crazy. They are pretty tough to beat, but you can Slow them with Molotovs (edit) and summon Ifrit for Berserk, and take their threat level down quite a bit. I'm fighting them at level ~40ish on disc 1 and getting 2-2.5 levels a fight for less than 5 minutes of work.

EDIT: On top of that, they also give like 16k gil and over 2k AP.
« Last Edit: 2017-12-21 06:44:06 by Oxymorjohn »

Adil60100

• View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: 2017-12-21 16:03:38 »
Hi, It is normal i've got in the plage of Junon, the boss named " Jormungandr " with 16k hp? Because i saw some video and it's "Illu...".
And is it normal the boss in the Nibel Caves is Armour Keeper, the doc is updated?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: 2017-12-21 17:19:17 »
After entering the Dark cave for dios side quest and barret & cloud have their initial dialogue the game softlocks and i do not regain control of my character and barret doesnt run off. I turned off the iros for npc, main character, and item field models and it progressed normally so im unsure as to which one actually was conflicting with it since none of those should change the flevel in any way that causes control to not be returned to the character. And while on the Dark Cave, in the back room of the church you can walk normally over the area that Cloud jumps over the first time you are there.

There seems to be some weirdness on that screen relating to other mods, but I'm not sure what.

Hey, Sega. Just wanted you to know there's a bit of a cheesey tactic I'm not sure is intentional or not. The giant bird enemies you can fight on the beach near Temple of the Ancients give HUGE xp. I'm talking like, 2-4 levels worth (depending on current level). Considering they only take a couple of minutes to kill, it seems a bit crazy. They are pretty tough to beat, but you can Slow them with Molotovs (edit) and summon Ifrit for Berserk, and take their threat level down quite a bit. I'm fighting them at level ~40ish on disc 1 and getting 2-2.5 levels a fight for less than 5 minutes of work.

EDIT: On top of that, they also give like 16k gil and over 2k AP.

Yeah, I should probably deal with them; I'll cut the rewards down.

Yeah, arrange mode changes some of the bosses.