Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825401 times)

Guix83

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6525 on: 2018-01-03 21:45:43 »
Hello everybody.

This is my first message here. I just have discovered the forum and this topic. I had not played to Final Fantasy 7 for a while, but I discovered the NT 1.5 mod and played to the game with it. It was a great pleasure.

(Please note that I am not a native English speaker, I am sorry in advance for my English mistakes).

I'm in a weird place where I'm glad that NT has gotten so much positive feedback and attention, but also a bit ashamed at how shoddy it is. I find it difficult to watch streams of it because it usually highlights the fundamental problems that it has. There's too many gimmicks, obtuse mechanics, and arbitrary encounters that either fall flat or just frustrate the player. I've tried to change too much for the sake of having it be different and not kept a clear plan in mind for how things should play out when making a lot of this. I was also pretty burnt out, and 1.5 was kind of a last-ditch attempt to fix some of it before I called it a day and left things be.
I understand that you are wondering if the NT 1.5 finally looks like to a result you would have expected before the "road" from 1.0 to 1.5, however, it is very important for me to say THANK YOU ! I think that it is the first time since more that 10 years I played to FF7 with so much enthusiasm ! New bosses to fight and new elements of the scenario (Turks added battles, Aeris destiny, Cave of sleeping forest, etc...) have awakened the passion I had for ff7 (again). It should have been a lot of work to develop all these evolutions. So, thanks a lot again !!!

Guix83

• View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: 2018-01-03 22:33:03 »
Well, seems like a good place to start discussion. Tell me about the things you don't like in the mod so I can avoid making the same mistakes. Same with everyone else reading this, be as honest as you can.

As for 1.5, I'm compiling a list of current issues and I'll post a list of them once I'm ready to make the new patches/installer. I've also got some updated documentation to put up like an FAQ and some fixes to the databases, etc.
Things I like in the NT mod :

- All changes about monsters and bosses in general.
- "Funny" monsters additions (65th floor on Shinra headquarters for example).
- Battles with "added" characters (Jessie, 5 charaters vs Yuffie, etc...).
- Music changes for some important battles (bosses) compared to the original FF7.
- The accentuation of the differences between each character in battles. I have always found that in the original FF7, all characters, in spite of some littles differences, were almost the same. With NT mod, I clearly felt some differencies between Cloud, Barret (high HP, high vitality), Tifa (high speed), Aeris (high MP and magical powers). I also like the possibility given by the SP system to "customize" each characters as I want. It reminds me FF10 for example.
- Add quests for Limit 4, last weapons, etc...
- The quest of the sleeping forest cave !!!
- ... a lot of others things I should forget.

=> I found that this mod is a true amelioration given to the original FF7 !

Things I would like to see / to change, if possible :

- Some quests in relation with some "category" of monsters. For example, beat all dragons (green one at Nibelheim, the Temple of Ancient's one, blue one in ice caverns, dark one in craters). A quest to discover mysterious Pollensalta/Jemnezmy/Snow too, etc...
- A "dark characters" quest (Dark Cloud, Dark Barret, Dark Tifa, Dark Aeris...) like Dark Aeons on FF10.
- Some explanations about "mysterious" things for me, for example about the battle at the end of Zack/Cloud's escape from Nibelheim.
- A possibility to have every member of the group as a leader after beating Hojo.
- Even though I read that the aim of the mod was a gameplay evolution, I would like to see Aeris a little more charismatic, especially after the Highwind's acquisition. At the end of "CD 1", she clearly takes the lead of the group. To see her complaining about being sick in the Highwind, explaining that she don't understand why the white materia did not work in the forgotten city, gave me a strange feeling. Even thoug I am aware of the difficulty to give her a true role, especially when Tifa become more and more important in the story.
- In the same state of mind, give more importance of "secondary characters" (2 characters with Cloud during most passages of the Journey, 3rd character with Cloud/Barret in Correl, 3rd character with Cloud/Nanaki in GI caves, 3rd character with Cloud/Aeris in Temple of Ancients, 3rd characters with Cloud/Tifa around northern crater, etc...), by more interventions and dialogs.
- A possibility to skip a deal with the "smiling face" (we have sometimes to do more that 5 or 6 deals and this takes a lot of times).
- There is a bug in Costa del Sol if we speak two times to Aeris in the "Inn", after seeing Hojo on the beach.

Note : I mainly played with Cloud, Aeris, Tifa and Barret, so I had not really tested some battles with others characters.

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #6527 on: 2018-01-03 22:53:46 »
Well the timer i use in the code is a custom clock we made ourselves. So do you think it would be possible to just have an option where the menu displays the amount equal to the var we created?

For instance if time = 1
Menu will say time is 1:00

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: 2018-01-04 01:17:57 »
Well the timer i use in the code is a custom clock we made ourselves. So do you think it would be possible to just have an option where the menu displays the amount equal to the var we created?

For instance if time = 1
Menu will say time is 1:00

Yeah, it can do that.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: 2018-01-04 11:50:53 »
hello again!!!

so i verified the bug i reported yesterday. In temple of the ancients if cid is in party somehow Barrier spell bugs and i cannot use it on party nor does regen (i changed Cid with yuffie then barret and spells worked greatly!)

another thing i would like to suggst if may !

many enemies attack twice or trice and i find it  no good simply because skill does not matter .for example in the very temple of the ancients, there is a boss in the clock room in the VII room which are 2 blobs. Fight starts they cast 4 times in a row a blue wave and nuclearize my party... considering i cannot do nothing that i not a balance lol i suggest maybe cap number of consecutive attacks to 2 for enemies and lower SLIGHTLY their damge (2100 circa damage per single attack is too much on cd1! :((  )

last but not least is it possible to make Vincent controllable in his limit form? is a nice char but having him in party is essentialy a dead weight due to his limit being generally weak and uncontrollable which make you loose all materias you put on him and since in this mod he is a nice tank caster thanks to his passive would be nice at least controll him during his limit period :)

hope my suggestion is constructive!! ^_^
« Last Edit: 2018-01-04 12:04:43 by Asherdoom »

SlumDrunk

• View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: 2018-01-04 18:26:03 »
hello again!!!

so i verified the bug i reported yesterday. In temple of the ancients if cid is in party somehow Barrier spell bugs and i cannot use it on party nor does regen (i changed Cid with yuffie then barret and spells worked greatly!)

another thing i would like to suggst if may !

many enemies attack twice or trice and i find it  no good simply because skill does not matter .for example in the very temple of the ancients, there is a boss in the clock room in the VII room which are 2 blobs. Fight starts they cast 4 times in a row a blue wave and nuclearize my party... considering i cannot do nothing that i not a balance lol i suggest maybe cap number of consecutive attacks to 2 for enemies and lower SLIGHTLY their damge (2100 circa damage per single attack is too much on cd1! :((  )

last but not least is it possible to make Vincent controllable in his limit form? is a nice char but having him in party is essentialy a dead weight due to his limit being generally weak and uncontrollable which make you loose all materias you put on him and since in this mod he is a nice tank caster thanks to his passive would be nice at least controll him during his limit period :)

hope my suggestion is constructive!! ^_^

Ah yes the 8-eye battle in the clock room was one of my first 'wth did I just die from' fight. So many game-overs on my first playthrough so I had to rely on Peerless limit break and spam anything that was Water damage, I assumed that it was their weakness (I can't remember from Sense); on my second playthrough I one shot them both with Leviathan. I couldn't understand this battle other than not being able to attack because they do the same 3 times as much..

Vincent's limit breaks are ...special. Any moves doing elemental damage are very powerful and all physical moves are very bad. Quick example, level 3 Hellmasker is a waste of time he's just weak for all of his moves. Level 2 Death Gigas's 'Haywire' is a very good powerful lightning spell but his dunk move is bad; just pray that he keeps doing Haywire. I say stick with Level 2 until you get Level 4 I think Chaos as fire moves.

I suppose making him uncontrollable during limit breaks because he's tanky, regens HP and has more HP in beast form is the price to pay...not that I like it either.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 01:18:28 by SlumDrunk »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: 2018-01-04 20:23:40 »

Thanks for the feedback. Dialogue-wise, I can add a line maybe for 'supporting' characters in those scenes but it's important that they don't interject too much. As for Aeris going past Disc 1, I was wary about having her take too much of an active role in later scenes.

A bestiary would be interesting, but I'd need to check how many variables are accessible through the battle module. My understanding was that only a specific range of them could be read/written from battles.

So his innate is bugged? Thanks for the info; I'll sort it out with the rest of the issues. As for Vincent, I changed his AI to favour the magic attack over the physical attack but it's still an RNG crapshoot. I can adjust the attacks themselves with an .exe change as well, but for now 1.5 is using vanilla Limits.

As for controlling him, it'd be difficult and impractical. What would need to happen is that a special menu appears (much like the manipulate menu) showing the two attacks available as regular commands will take a long time to resolve due to having no associated animation. Less involved solutions could be having the two attacks alternate rather than trigger randomly, or to have the attacks trigger consecutively before he transforms back (so no loss of control over Vincent himself).

Yeah, I saw the 8-Eyes in a stream recently; horrifically overpowered, and I've added it to the list of things to fix for 1.5.

Currently I'm working on the patch that'll repair the issues mentioned recently. So far I've got:
-) Costa del Sol: Save Point in Inn can freeze the game
-) Tonadua EXP/AP exploit
-) Goldberry Paralysis/Stop can result in a lost battle taking forever to resolve
-) Rank-Up: Some options are redundant
-) Passive text, some are incorrect
-) Temple has no Save Point to use extended options
-) Double Apoc drop in Ancient Forest
-) Corel Reactor, can break move lock using the 2 NPCs there
-) Disc 3 Key Item check
-) Ancient Forest/Dark Cave - last screen fix

Balancing
-) 8-Eyes
-) Jormungandr
-) Armour Keeper
-) Satans Gate
-) Jenova-VECTOR
-) Later Disc 2/3: HP nerf for some bosses

Ayz

• View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: 2018-01-04 22:38:13 »
Hi Sega.

I'm loving the mod, but I'm running into an issue. I'm running the 7H IRO for NT (I just downloaded it maybe 3 days ago) and I'm fighting pre-hotfix Jormungandr. Is there a way to manually apply the hotfix to the 7H version? I'm going to need to grind 10 levels otherwise lol

SlumDrunk

• View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: 2018-01-05 00:46:41 »
Speaking about overpowers

RedXIII's Howling Moon (Berserk+STR Stats Buff) is good, a bit too good; I have him with the 100% crit weapon from Condor and when he's using the right elemental materia in the weapon slot he'll carry hard. Some bosses took forever in my first playthrough but with this setup alone they were done in under 5 minutes during my second time. Pearl weapon for example didn't even have the time to shoot his beam once as soon as he opened his chest he took so much extra damage (on top of the high damage I was already doing) and he was already dead, granted I had 4x cut, easy nearly 10-20k probably more damage per turn.

I found that nothing else would beat this, there was no use for me to bring any other physical DPSer. I guess you could take Yuffie and wear the same crit Weapon with a Fury Ring for the Berserk or Powersoul/Curse Ring combo for Tifa but these characters are more fragile and sometimes hard to keep alive but in the end, they still can't reach the same potential as RedXIII (probably because of innate and limit break STR buffs). Cid is just behind him and I usually swap him with Cloud in Disc 3; very good health pool (enemy skill White Wind can make him a great healer), awesome innate which protect that health pool, can reach max Luck for consistent crits and evasion, solid character. I just had problems with his Limit Break, Big Brawl and Dragon Dive wasn't connecting any hits sometimes? or against some monsters? Hard to figure out.

Also I think you forgot Tseng in your issue list, unless you already fixed it. I thought I read in previously that he can do his Limit break twice in the same battle? That is what I also experienced, it was a tough fight.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 01:28:23 by SlumDrunk »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: 2018-01-05 03:43:17 »
That's interesting about Red XIII, I'll be sure to do tests with his Limit in the future. Cid (and Yuffie) can have their numbers not appear for their multi-hit limits but the damage should still tally as normal.

I'll make sure to check Tseng before uploading the patch. And speaking of patch, I've got WIP adjustments to fix the issue where some rank up options were redundant. Let me know if these need adjustment:

Spoiler: show

Cloud
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Mercenary: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Makonoid: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Shinra Trooper: +10 STR/DEX{, }+5 LCK

Barret
{CHOICE}Marauder: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Vigilante: +10 STR{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}Heavy Metal: +10 VIT{, } +5 STR/MAG
{CHOICE}Techno-Freak: +10 MAG/SPR

Tifa
{CHOICE}Monk: +10 STR{, }+5 SPR/DEX
{CHOICE}Pugilist: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Brawler: +10 STR/LCK
{CHOICE}Oracle: +10 MAG{, }+5 DEX

Aeris
{CHOICE}Flowergirl: +10 MAG{, }+5 DEX/LCK
{CHOICE}White Mage: +10 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Geomancer: +10 VIT{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Slum Drunk: +10 STR/VIT/LCK

Red XIII
{CHOICE}Cosmo Warrior: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/DEX
{CHOICE}Guard Hound: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/SPR
{CHOICE}Red Mage: +10 MAG/DEX
{CHOICE}Sample #13: +10 STR/MAG

Cait Sith
{CHOICE}Fortune-Teller: +10 LCK{, } +5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Yeti Pal: +10 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Materia Tank: +10 MAG/LCK
{CHOICE}Top Cat: +10 DEX{, }+ 5 STR/LCK

Vincent
{CHOICE}Horror Agent: +10 MAG{, }+5 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Beastmaster: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Berserker: +10 STR/VIT
{CHOICE}Shinra Turk: +5 STR/MAG/VIT/DEX

Cid
{CHOICE}Aerial Ace: +10 STR{, }+5 VIT/LCK
{CHOICE}Engineer: +10 VIT{, }+ 5 STR/SPR
{CHOICE}Wingman: +10 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Dragoon: +10 STR/DEX

Willmage

• View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: 2018-01-05 08:53:11 »
Hey Sega,

First time playing the mod and I have to say I have been loving it! I wanted to ask about one odd thing I am now noticing, though. Currently, I am on disk 3 and have cleared out all bosses in Northern Crater (minus the end game bosses), all Gold Saucer Extra battles, all ranks of Junon Leagues, all materia caves, Emerald (Carmine) Weapon, Ultimate Weapon, created all Master Materias in Cosmo Canyon, and am about halfway done with crafting all ultimate weapons and getting lvl 4 limits. During the time between Emerald (Carmine) showing up in Disk 2 and now, I have noticed that Ruby (Viridian) Weapon is not showing up in the desert at all. I'm not sure if it is just a trigger I am missing or if the order of events I chose to do before the Midgar Raid, or if there is just something I have to do in order for him to finally show up. Currently, the only things in the mod I have not started yet (aside from the final battles) are the Dark Cave quest, the Gold Saucer Special battles, and the limit sidequests for Barrett, Cait Sith, Cid, and Red XIII. I am also only missing the final weapons for Tifa, Cid, Cait Sith, Barrett, and Vincent. Not sure if it's just one of those last few things I need to do before Viridian Weapon actually shows up in the desert, but he is currently still not there. Apologies if this has already been answered or looked into previously. I tried searching the board for references to this issue and found one point when it was mentioned that defeating Ultimate Weapon would trigger him, but I have already killed Ultimate off. I am also on NT 1.5 build (September 12th 2017) version.

Again, I have to thank you for such an amazing mod. I had not picked up and played FF7 in about 10+ years, but when I saw DeathUnitesUs' playthrough of NT on YouTube, I had to pick it up and try it and have since put over 110+ hours into the game (the timer has been at 99h59m59s for a few days now).

**UPDATE**
I actually just got him to show up! For some reason, going back to the Kalm traveler and trying to trade the Desert Rose to him, obviously he tells me I don't have one. After that, for some reason, Viridian weapon is now sitting in the desert.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 09:28:54 by Willmage »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: 2018-01-05 16:50:32 »
Ruby's triggers can be a bit temperamental, but if the player visits towns, talk to people, fights battles, etc. then that can 'unstick' the switches and RNG to get things moving (Chocobo Breeding RNG, Vincent's Lv.4 Limit stuff, etc.)

Edit: I've fixed these issues, did I miss any?

X) Costa del Sol - Save Point freeze
   Moved it outside by entrance

X) Sea Worm & Tonadu EXP/AP exploit
   Adjusted

X) Goldberry potential softlock/long battle resolution
   Adjusted

/) Rank-Up: Some options, when mixed/matched, make other options obsolete
   Sorta done, just sitting on them

-) Passive text for some characters is still incorrect
   Pending Cid innate fix

X) Temple has no enemy encounter switch due to having NPC save points
   Random Encounters will always be found in Temple regardless of setting

/) Double Apocalypse drop
   No Fix: Problem resulted from changing from upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

X) Corel reactor, can break move lock using two guards there
   Talk Script disabled on 2nd soldier

X) Tseng's Limit AI can trigger multiple times
   Adjustments made, will only be used once when reaching 50% HP and only after
   entire attack cycle has been completed and is inside 2-turn 'cooldown'.

X) Key Item Check

X) Dark Cave - Last Screen Fix & Mystile Drop

X) Rebalance of enemies:
Jormungandr
Armour Keeper
Satan's Gate
Jenova-VECTOR
8-Eyes
Disc 2/3 - General nerf to Boss & Tough Enemy HP
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 19:35:51 by Sega Chief »

SlumDrunk

• View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: 2018-01-05 23:49:37 »
[...] And speaking of patch, I've got WIP adjustments to fix the issue where some rank up options were redundant. Let me know if these need adjustment:

I am sort of worried with Cloud being too weak if you take the physical route. I tried to go that way the first time and he wasn't really successful.
Is it me or he lacks +STR main weapons? I am looking at his weapons from my end game save, they are all +SPR, VIT, MAG, DEX, LCK. (I don't have his ultimate weapon). Ragnarok from Clod drop gives 8 materia slots, decent stats with Vit/Spr +20 which seems to indicate that he should be support/caster, Enhance Sword is a +20 MAG 6 slots too...it was personally hard for me to go +STR route during my rank choices because of this.

That said, I have a question on this:
Should the first two have some DEX as well or if it can't have +DEX, have better STR? I thought the idea was to make Casters slower than Physical attackers and I don't understand the DEX increase on Makonoid.

I might be a little bit crazy but if I try:
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: +15 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Mercenary: +10 STR{, }+5 DEX/VIT
{CHOICE}Makonoid: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/VIT OR {CHOICE}Makonoid:+10 MAG/SPR

The choices here looks equally interesting. Note that I think Magic in this game is way better than Physical DPS in general so
(1) I want to give him more STR on the first choice if he cannot have a DEX increase and weapons with no +STR...he can still have some magic uses
(2) A pure physical character with some speed and resistance
(3) A pure caster (I removed the DEX)
(4) A glass cannon with Luck evasion and crits

I know balancing all this is very difficult so you may need more than my own opinion...
« Last Edit: 2018-01-05 23:53:57 by SlumDrunk »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: 2018-01-06 01:10:22 »
I am sort of worried with Cloud being too weak if you take the physical route. I tried to go that way the first time and he wasn't really successful.
Is it me or he lacks +STR main weapons? I am looking at his weapons from my end game save, they are all +SPR, VIT, MAG, DEX, LCK. (I don't have his ultimate weapon). Ragnarok from Clod drop gives 8 materia slots, decent stats with Vit/Spr +20 which seems to indicate that he should be support/caster, Enhance Sword is a +20 MAG 6 slots too...it was personally hard for me to go +STR route during my rank choices because of this.

That said, I have a question on this:
Should the first two have some DEX as well or if it can't have +DEX, have better STR? I thought the idea was to make Casters slower than Physical attackers and I don't understand the DEX increase on Makonoid.

I might be a little bit crazy but if I try:
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: +15 STR{, }+5 MAG/SPR
{CHOICE}Mercenary: +10 STR{, }+5 DEX/VIT
{CHOICE}Makonoid: +10 MAG{, }+5 SPR/VIT OR {CHOICE}Makonoid:+10 MAG/SPR

The choices here looks equally interesting. Note that I think Magic in this game is way better than Physical DPS in general so
(1) I want to give him more STR on the first choice if he cannot have a DEX increase and weapons with no +STR...he can still have some magic uses
(2) A pure physical character with some speed and resistance
(3) A pure caster (I removed the DEX)
(4) A glass cannon with Luck evasion and crits

I know balancing all this is very difficult so you may need more than my own opinion...

Main weapons don't carry Strength, as weapon damage is added directly onto STR which would make it redundant (same thing with Vitality/Spirit on Armour).

His current base Strength is 43, so he's only 4 behind Tifa and 7 behind Cid. Going all Strength, he'd be very close to them in terms of base damage and he has those powerful Limits backing it up. If he had a +15 Strength option, he'd be sitting on the highest potential Strength pool in the game.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: 2018-01-06 13:13:33 »
I hadn't considered that; Esuna would be a bit much as the 1-Star spell, unless it had an MP cost to match.
Esuna honestly probably should have a large MP cost (or what it's already costing, as I kind of forgot what its MP cost is atm) for an 'early' spell, as it would be the party's main status healing option for statuses they can't heal with items, at least until they can get hold of Remedy's (which don't appear for a while in-game).

So let's say the materia is made 100,000 AP until it's Mastered and spits out a replacement, and made from a three-star materia to four-star materia. The first star isn't going to do anything, and will take anywhere from 500~ to 2500~ AP before "Esuna" becomes available (it should only really become 'available' as a spell by the time the party is in Shinra Tower for the first time basically is my reasoning, given the amount of status issues that pop up there). Esuna would fix anything, but its MP cost should be kept relatively 'high' to prevent it from being used for 'every' minor status issue, which means players will only pull it out for the big stuff or the multiple-status attacks.

Resist should be around the midway point of the materia (50,000~ AP), and Osmose around three-fourths into the materia (75,000~ AP), with the last bits of AP left over for Mastering the materia. Osmose also should probably be increased MP-wise now that I think about it. 10~ to 20~ MP for the spell cost would work best, as it would make players have to be a bit more intelligent about what monsters they're using it against and would prevent players from spamming it every battle needlessly. :shrugs:
« Last Edit: 2018-01-06 13:48:34 by Robo Jesus »

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #6540 on: 2018-01-06 15:20:01 »
QUESTION for Everyone

I want to ask your opinion since I have no frame of reference here, I am in disc 2 when you dont have cloud or tifa,  im below level 50 already have gold chocobo and I like beating bosses as underleveled as I can.
Right now I have access to the materia caves and their bosses and ancient forest and also maybe midgar if there is additional content there I guess?

QUESTION im looking to level up a bit so I can succeed in the train corel mission, can I or should I try and beat some of this bosses or additional content or are they just too difficult for me right now??My goal   is to not level up by grinding which I am trying to avoid but at least by additional bosses
ALSO is there a list or can you guide me as to the additional content order as a whole icluding disc 3 extras ? by that I mean would you be able to make  a list of the OPTIONAL content in order from less difficult to the most  difficult, ?

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: 2018-01-06 18:23:21 »
Edit: I've fixed these issues, did I miss any?
Caith siths weapon battle trumpet from 0 AP to x3 AP

When you go at CD 3 with Tifa to Midgar, the game crashes in the Restaurant if you want to enter the kitchen.

Some drops and morphs in the crater at the end are changed. Spring gun Clip from behemot is a steal in 1.5. at 1.4 it was a morph.

Also this NPC in kalm has no function for me. https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34605835/IMG_20180106_085239.jpg.html

Other

I have bought the house at costa del sol, but i never saw people coming into. Bought at 1.4, nothing there. At 1.5 also. The readme says i will get some stuff there ?

How you can unlock the hidden character ?

Where i can find Ruby weapon.

« Last Edit: 2018-01-06 18:31:09 by KingChris »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: 2018-01-06 23:10:15 »

I'm not sure if I'm keeping Osmose yet, or what the numbers are going to be for MP, AP, etc. Esuna should have a fairly high cost though, something you'd only use once or twice in a pinch early on if the status items aren't available but then a bit more later on.

For the train, Lightning and/or Water are very effective (Poison for the last fight). Most enemies can be taken out quickly using physical attacks but Wolfmeister is best dealt with using Debarrier (if he uses his buff) and then magical damage.

Caith siths weapon battle trumpet from 0 AP to x3 AP

When you go at CD 3 with Tifa to Midgar, the game crashes in the Restaurant if you want to enter the kitchen.

Some drops and morphs in the crater at the end are changed. Spring gun Clip from behemot is a steal in 1.5. at 1.4 it was a morph.

Also this NPC in kalm has no function for me. https://www.pic-upload.de/view-34605835/IMG_20180106_085239.jpg.html

Other

I have bought the house at costa del sol, but i never saw people coming into. Bought at 1.4, nothing there. At 1.5 also. The readme says i will get some stuff there ?

How you can unlock the hidden character ?
Where i can find Ruby weapon.

The NPCs weren't implemented for the Costa house in the end. There is no hidden character. And Ruby Weapon is in the same place he's always been, he requires that Ultimate Weapon be killed first. If he doesn't appear after that, try fighting some battles and entering/exiting some towns to get it to trigger.

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: 2018-01-07 03:26:26 »
Thanks Sega I just did it now before checking on the comments but I am still  interested in the when to do and in what to do order of the optional content in your opinion

The way I did the train was the following if someone is interested
Every character level 47 or less Cid, Aeris, Barret

Cid weapon Elemental-lightning, Added efffect-time
,restore-all and etc which i dindt use

Barret FRONT ROW  weapon Elemental- lightning  Command counter-deathblow
Cover or counter-added cut and another slot with eiter cover or counter,   Odin, restore-all etc

Aeris Slash all with a hp recuperating weapon in this case Slash all and the weapon which gives us 25+ magic u can find it in ancient forest if u have gold chocobo

Aeris with MP TURBO-COMET Neo-Bahamuth, restore all etc

1st battleI quickly put before the first battle preemtive attack-Odin - no turns for them and dead
2nd battle I changed premtive to aeris with neo bahamuth for second battle bcuz it inflicts dual

take off preemptive materia

3rd 4th and 5thh battle  everyone just attacking normally and aeris using comet
I stopped the train with more than 3 minutes

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: 2018-01-07 21:49:26 »

I dunno if I can give a proper sequence of what should be fought and when but:

-) Junon League Bracket #1, #2
-) Blue Materia Cave
-) Special Battle, Battle Square
-) Purple Materia Cave
-) Ultimate Weapon
-) Silver Match, Extra Battle (Gold Saucer
-) Junon League Bracket #3

After that, it'd probably be Lv.4 Limit bosses. Cloud's LV4 Limit can be tricky to get so maybe leave that one last. Dark Cave can be done. Yellow Cave can be done around about this time, and the Red Cave if you're aggressive enough. Ruby & Emerald Weapon should be doable by that point as well.

Robo Jesus

• View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: 2018-01-07 21:58:24 »
I'm not sure if I'm keeping Osmose yet, or what the numbers are going to be for MP, AP, etc. Esuna should have a fairly high cost though, something you'd only use once or twice in a pinch early on if the status items aren't available but then a bit more later on.
I personally would prefer it remaining a spell in the game, as there are some points (Battle Square and the Junon fighting tournaments especially) when it makes a battle easier to survive and/or winnable, but if you do remove it, I would suggest making Turbo-Ether's a buyable item in the Wonder Square of the Gold Saucer using GP. :shrugs:

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: 2018-01-08 06:33:55 »
This may have been discussed already, but I got Bahamut Zero and KOTR Materia and Steam isn't acknowledging it, so i don't have the achievements. Does the mod conflict with the achievement system in anyway, or do you have to actually master the materia in order to get them? I know you can miss out on the achievements for finishing Parts 1 and 3 due to actions in the mod, but i don't see how the mod can conflict with materia at all.

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: 2018-01-08 19:44:01 »
So i crafted and tested  the Masamune, but im not happy with it  :-\
I tested it with Cloud and he only does 5k DMG with one hit of 4x cut = 20k. With Ultima Weapon he do 8k or crit 16k DMG with one hit of 4x cut = 32k normal or 64k crit  DMG. Hp in this testing was at 9483.
This will need a fix.

The Masamune battle model is the same as the Buster Sword.

With which program can i change the weapon stats and/ or give me the MP plus Materia. "Missed Ziegfried and he wont spawn as a forest encounter"

And where i can get the MP Absorb Materia ?
« Last Edit: 2018-01-08 19:46:32 by KingChris »

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: 2018-01-08 20:06:31 »
So i crafted and tested  the Masamune, but im not happy with it  :-\
I tested it with Cloud and he only does 5k DMG with one hit of 4x cut = 20k. With Ultima Weapon he do 8k or crit 16k DMG with one hit of 4x cut = 32k normal or 64k crit  DMG. Hp in this testing was at 9483.
This will need a fix.

The Masamune battle model is the same as the Buster Sword.

The Masamune always crits, which also means that it never misses normally. It can be equiped by every character and will never lose power if you are low hp or mp and those are the trade offs for not dealing quite as much damage. I ended up using it pretty much from the time  got it until the final battle where i switched to all ultimate weapons. I feel like its one of the more balanced weapons in the mod. But thats just my opinion.

The reason that it uses the same model as the initial equip weapons is several reasons. 1 being that there is no room to add new models without removing old ones, and 2 its equipable by every character so if you replace one of clouds weapons for it, xxCK for example, then when barret puts it on it would use his model thats also named xxCK, so you would have to remove the same weapon ID from every character and make a new one for each.

Delitta

• View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: 2018-01-08 20:22:44 »
I appreciate that list I really do, altho I still have some not included which are near the point of the game where I am now such as The Steal as well materia fight, the ancient forest monster, the submarine fight I havent done any of these, Level 50 right now, tried to do rocket Tseng he kills me with his limit break even tho I was fully full or almost full HP, 2 characters on sadness and when I get rid of his minions I Change rows to both Cloud and Cid , aeris is my 3rd, why do I have aeris? bcuz I know she and Tseng have a thing and I wanna know how you guys made her character react.

Which leads me to this, some of the bosses Ive tried to sense just say cant be sensed If I knew their level I would have an Idea of the order or if they maybe out of my league right now and not tru to ubber prepare my materia and armor or accesories to a fight that just may be next to imposible to get through bcuz i just dont have the level neccesary, most people might not have this issue since most people grind or at least not try to evade leveling up as much as I do as I try to get the most challenge out of the game,  to me tho the lsit would be most benefficiary
And my second question is should I expect like something substancial at any point from the dialogues in which Aeris is included after disc 2 so as to keep her on my party in case she says something peculiar or is it more of a basic addition of dialog everytime? I want to know bcuz I keep her in my party a lot in case she says something I might wanna see