Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825859 times)

rc2112

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6650 on: 2018-02-09 13:10:23 »
I think it blocks or even absorbs Restorative as well. It's best combo'd with a drain HP weapon or some kind of elemental-absorb healing (for instance, absorb fire and use fire attacks to heal the character).

oh cool! That's pretty neat.

Thanks!

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: 2018-02-09 18:51:46 »
I think it depends what .EXE you use with both mods together, I'm not 100% sure.

I played with the FF7_mo.exe and it has a major impact on the stats of materia, to the point where i had characters with 0 of a particular stat because the materia was taking 20-30 away. But with the FF7_bc.exe the game was completely winnable and there were no major bugs or stat swings like the other exes. I played with a full assortment of mods including reunion with NT and the only major problem was that barret softlocks in the first screen of the dark cave when him or cloud have a field model mod on. after i removed it the rest of the dark cave played out.

So long story short you can play NT with the menu overhaul as long as you use ff7_bc.exe.

ZCFoxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: 2018-02-10 08:58:22 »
I'm having trouble installing any of the 2018 updated installers for the New Threat 1.5 mod. Every time I select the data folder in the Final Fantasy VII file, and try to continue, I keep getting a message that says no files can be found to patch. And yet, the September 2017 installer still seems to work properly.

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: 2018-02-10 09:39:32 »
I think it depends what .EXE you use with both mods together, I'm not 100% sure.
I played with the FF7_mo.exe and it has a major impact on the stats of materia, to the point where i had characters with 0 of a particular stat because the materia was taking 20-30 away. But with the FF7_bc.exe the game was completely winnable and there were no major bugs or stat swings like the other exes. I played with a full assortment of mods including reunion with NT and the only major problem was that barret softlocks in the first screen of the dark cave when him or cloud have a field model mod on. after i removed it the rest of the dark cave played out.

So long story short you can play NT with the menu overhaul as long as you use ff7_bc.exe.
thank you very much, I tried ff7_bc.exe and at least the bug that made the limits do less damage in the back row isn't there, so I think it's working fine for me too.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: 2018-02-10 16:04:44 »
I'm having trouble installing any of the 2018 updated installers for the New Threat 1.5 mod. Every time I select the data folder in the Final Fantasy VII file, and try to continue, I keep getting a message that says no files can be found to patch. And yet, the September 2017 installer still seems to work properly.

The new prototype installer needs to be pointed at the Final Fantasy VII folder instead of the data folder to catch the .EXE; I'll check the text in the installer in case it still asks for Data folder.

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: 2018-02-10 17:29:13 »
Just a random question.

It seems like  I am close to hitting 255 in some of my stats (Granted that is with materia and equipment modifications).
What happens if I hit 255 while leveling up with the sources, but I still have some left? I know you can't exit until you use them all.

Is it set up so that this won't happen? Just want to be sure before I get stuck. Thanks!

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: 2018-02-10 18:55:14 »
sources still get consumed even if you are at maximum stats.

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: 2018-02-10 21:42:05 »
sources still get consumed even if you are at maximum stats.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Also, so I just got Cloud back in my party and went back to Nibelheim to view the Zach/Cloud flashback where they break out of the Shinra Mansion.
The scene did not trigger when I went into the basement room. Was this removed to be viewed later during one of the added side quests?

ZCFoxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: 2018-02-11 02:00:13 »
The new prototype installer needs to be pointed at the Final Fantasy VII folder instead of the data folder to catch the .EXE; I'll check the text in the installer in case it still asks for Data folder.

Ah, so that's why. Just tried that and it installed perfectly, thank you. Also, regarding some of the information files included with the installer, some of them are a tad outdated. ^^;;; Aside from how the installation instructions were still telling me to install in the data folder, there were other things like how the enemy list has some outdated information; for example, it mentions the X-ATM Scorpion fight in Corel Desert, despite the fact that fight has since been moved to Mt Nibel, yet the file never told me that which left me quite confused. Also, where exactly is Vincent's Supershot ST, his triple AP weapon, located? The "where do I find it" file mentioned how it was in Ancient Forest, but that's only up to version 1.4. It's not there anymore in 1.5 (it was replaced by the Wizard Staff) and I never found the weapon ANYWHERE throughout my entire playthrough.

Leeloo

« Reply #6659 on: 2018-02-11 15:04:17 »
-
« Last Edit: 2018-05-18 01:08:56 by Leeloo »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6660 on: 2018-02-11 21:51:42 »
Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Also, so I just got Cloud back in my party and went back to Nibelheim to view the Zach/Cloud flashback where they break out of the Shinra Mansion.
The scene did not trigger when I went into the basement room. Was this removed to be viewed later during one of the added side quests?

Might be that you have to wait until Disc 3.

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: 2018-02-11 23:14:12 »
Might be that you have to wait until Disc 3.

Check spoiler tag for anyone interested in which quest can be done when.

Spoiler: show
 Vincent and yuffie quest can be completed as early as you can access the area all others after getting to disc 3.

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: 2018-02-13 15:30:11 »
Big fan of your mod here, played it like a year ago. Wanting to get back to it now.
I really liked the new stuff in arrange mode, but I think the battle with bottomswell (jorgumandr or whatever) is absolutely unbalanced. I've tried many, many times and I can never seem to manage to balance survival and damage (I read a post about someone who grinded to level 31 to be able to get through it). So I had to restart in normal mode. If it is not too much trouble, could you please take a look at it?
In any case thanks for reading and for the awesome mod.
BTW, will the exe edits ever come back? I liked materia equipping having notable effects on stats.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: 2018-02-13 17:22:21 »
Old man in Kalm gives me long range for desert rose, tells me I got him everything then pulls out them master materia, I fight them, they disappear and it says then I received another long range. The issue is I still have only 1 long range in my materia list.

We have a spoiler tag for spoilers, y'know. More effective than just putting "SPOILERS" at the top of your post. :) ~Covarr
« Last Edit: 2018-02-13 20:43:15 by Covarr »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: 2018-02-14 08:10:20 »
Ah, so that's why. Just tried that and it installed perfectly, thank you. Also, regarding some of the information files included with the installer, some of them are a tad outdated. ^^;;; Aside from how the installation instructions were still telling me to install in the data folder, there were other things like how the enemy list has some outdated information; for example, it mentions the X-ATM Scorpion fight in Corel Desert, despite the fact that fight has since been moved to Mt Nibel, yet the file never told me that which left me quite confused. Also, where exactly is Vincent's Supershot ST, his triple AP weapon, located? The "where do I find it" file mentioned how it was in Ancient Forest, but that's only up to version 1.4. It's not there anymore in 1.5 (it was replaced by the Wizard Staff) and I never found the weapon ANYWHERE throughout my entire playthrough.

I thought they were all split between the Gelnika and the Ancient Forest, I'll double-check it.

hello and sorry for wasting anyones time for asking this but when i install this mod for the first time, am i supposed also install the hotfix patches too immediately after that?

It depends; the installer from the front page requires the hotfixes, but the prototype version that uses .EXE modifications doesn't need them.

Big fan of your mod here, played it like a year ago. Wanting to get back to it now.
I really liked the new stuff in arrange mode, but I think the battle with bottomswell (jorgumandr or whatever) is absolutely unbalanced. I've tried many, many times and I can never seem to manage to balance survival and damage (I read a post about someone who grinded to level 31 to be able to get through it). So I had to restart in normal mode. If it is not too much trouble, could you please take a look at it?
In any case thanks for reading and for the awesome mod.
BTW, will the exe edits ever come back? I liked materia equipping having notable effects on stats.

I'll look at the fight again.

Regarding exe edits, there's a prototype version currently up that will replace the main installer soon once some issues are ironed out. I'll relink it here (mind that it needs to be pointed to the Final Fantasy VII folder as opposed to the data folder):

Installer: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6356lofjn6ubbo/NT_1.5_Build_-_2nd_February_2018.zip

IRO: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wljrp2ptvjzot8l/FF7%20NT%20IRO%202nd%20February%202018.zip

Old man in Kalm gives me long range for desert rose, tells me I got him everything then pulls out them master materia, I fight them, they disappear and it says then I received another long range. The issue is I still have only 1 long range in my materia list.

We have a spoiler tag for spoilers, y'know. More effective than just putting "SPOILERS" at the top of your post. :) ~Covarr

I think you get W-Summon there instead, I'll need to look at the script again.

ZCFoxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: 2018-02-15 08:44:25 »
Sorry to pester you again, but there's one more thing. I JUST recently discovered a bug, regarding the save point near the entrance of Costa del Sol. Whenever I approach it and the options come up, the controls lock up for both my 360 controller AND the keyboard.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: 2018-02-15 15:40:01 »
Sorry to pester you again, but there's one more thing. I JUST recently discovered a bug, regarding the save point near the entrance of Costa del Sol. Whenever I approach it and the options come up, the controls lock up for both my 360 controller AND the keyboard.

I must have messed something up, I transferred it over from the over flevel when I realised it was missing from the patch.

Edit: It was a missing label at the top with missing jump, means it never resolves. I'll update the prototype files.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-15 15:45:09 by Sega Chief »

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: 2018-02-16 02:51:44 »
I cannot seem to find the red crystal :(

Dbarr74

• View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: 2018-02-16 17:29:58 »
Just came across the mod in the past week (new to the FFVII mod scene), anyone have luck getting this installed and working on the FFVII android version? Heard it has the same folders as PC.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: 2018-02-17 12:58:08 »
;)
Red Crystal was changed to Moon Crystal for 1.5 .

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: 2018-02-17 13:50:53 »

It should be dropped by Abyss, and was renamed to Moon Crystal as Markul mentioned.

Just came across the mod in the past week (new to the FFVII mod scene), anyone have luck getting this installed and working on the FFVII android version? Heard it has the same folders as PC.

This reddit thread may be of interest, someone has got NT running on a phone but I think it was on iOS: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/7vsdae/discussion_ff7_pc_mods_some_work_on_ios_edition/

arkibos

• View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: 2018-02-17 23:26:47 »
hey, i really hate to ask, im very new to modding or anything of the sort...i got new threat working, but was wondering if it will work with any hd character mods?

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: 2018-02-19 22:31:48 »
So I lost the fight to Zach a few times and decided to call it quits. When it respawned me back in the Shinra Mansion basement, my party just consisted of a KO'ed Cloud. And I had to get back to a save point and PHS to get the rest of my party back. I revived Cloud as soon as I noticed so I am not sure if there would be an issue if you got into a battle with just a KO'ed Cloud,
 but just wondering if this was designed this way or not.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: 2018-02-20 02:51:57 »
hey, i really hate to ask, im very new to modding or anything of the sort...i got new threat working, but was wondering if it will work with any hd character mods?

It will, but you'll need to either use 7H mod loader for them or unpack the .lgp archive and insert the models manually.

I'll add a thing where it restores HP/MP.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: 2018-02-22 03:06:35 »
Okay then still asked for the red crystal. I'll find that Abyss!!

Update - If Abyss is found in the Northern Crater I've already fought him and still do not seem to have the item. I do have a pretty large amount of mods on though with 7th heaven. Since it is already in my save file I do not believe turning them off would fix it unless I were to load an older save file and fight him again. I do see an "unused" in the key items though. Trying to figure out a way I could at least get it. If I can't seem to find another work around though I could just black chocobo in the weapon. Pretty close to having all the oversoul shards too! Excited for that. Let me just add that I've really enjoyed it so far and I'm trying my best to complete it 100%!

Only feedback I could add is how much I'd enjoy to play the next release if you have one planned!
« Last Edit: 2018-02-23 00:52:35 by youknowiknow778 »