Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1245697 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
It's funny cause technically that's counterfeiting...and they're just doing it.. I wish I could make a living selling counterfeit copies of ff7... I'd make a fortune.

Evan Lee

• "I don't kill I eliminate"
    • View Profile
Yeah. It spreading like wildfire... Did ya bought it in EVER?  You know the one nearest the Monumento LRT?... Hundreds are sold there... BUt ya just can't beat the Original... Luckily I have a friend who has a friend that has a cousin and has sister in law... *pauses* ...Well ya get teh point...  :roll:

haha no i bought it in north mall near ever ^^

It's funny cause technically that's counterfeiting...and they're just doing it.. I wish I could make a living selling counterfeit copies of ff7... I'd make a fortune.

haha freakin bad3p here dude i just hope this really work in my laptop or else i would go insane

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
I wish setting someone to DEFEND actually REDUCED the damage they take till their next turn... I'm so mad I just realized I've been wasting turns for half the game  :x

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I wish setting someone to DEFEND actually REDUCED the damage they take till their next turn... I'm so mad I just realized I've been wasting turns for half the game  :x
haha, what have you been hitting defend over and over?

defend makes your player take 1/2 physical damage until his/her next action...you have to wait for your ATB Gauge to reset before it takes effect, though.

EDIT: I think I may have spotted a bug that may or may not be in this version... I was making some AI tweaks when I realized that Godo's Poison spell isn't associated with an animation. Can anybody verify that this is the case? It'll make the battle freeze when Godo tries to use Poison.
At any rate, look forward to more awesome AI tweaks with the pagoda enemies (I feel like whoever wrote their AI originally was either in a rush or incredibly lazy, most likely the latter). Their attacks now correspond with the power ranger esque things they say before you battle them (Power change, speed change, magic change, weapon change, remember?), and fighting them should be slightly more challenging than before, but not excessively so. I'll make another release when Pyrozen finishes his world map texture mod (which is looking AMAZING thus far) or when somebody confirms the aforementioned bug^, whichever happens first. I may also consider releasing incremental upgraders along with the actual patch, so that people with, say, v2.3.2 who want to upgrade to the next release, v2.4, can do so without having to download a 1.6 GB file.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-03 05:59:00 by titeguy3 »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Yeah. It spreading like wildfire... Did ya bought it in EVER?  You know the one nearest the Monumento LRT?... Hundreds are sold there... BUt ya just can't beat the Original... Luckily I have a friend who has a friend that has a cousin and has sister in law... *pauses* ...Well ya get teh point...  :roll:

haha no i bought it in north mall near ever ^^

Hehe...its where I also saw the Ultimate Versions too. They where packaged like the Original..well most of it. I even tried finding it in legitimate PC shops but to no avail. It really is now Hard to come by.. I thought since our country are the last ones to have the latest games Its possible some PC shop could have a copy or two. But nadda.. meh!

In all secrecy, I also tried using this MOD in an Ultimate Version..and ya know what ..it worked..But too much indulgence could lead to serious faults. So I really went out and searched for this and so my friend came to mind... Ya know the rest..

Hope ya can fix your prob! cheerio!

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
I wish setting someone to DEFEND actually REDUCED the damage they take till their next turn... I'm so mad I just realized I've been wasting turns for half the game  :x
haha, what have you been hitting defend over and over?

defend makes your player take 1/2 physical damage until his/her next action...you have to wait for your ATB Gauge to reset before it takes effect, though.

When I'm in sadness and in the back row defend doesn't make me take any less damage... o.o

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Doesn't it? Sadness back row defend should be 1/8th physical damage...odd...

megaknight

• View Profile
alright, i installed the patch, but there is no music and the open gl thing wont work. otherwise it works fine, but could you please tell me how to get the music to work?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
alright, i installed the patch, but there is no music and the open gl thing wont work. otherwise it works fine, but could you please tell me how to get the music to work?

You have to run the game via the start menu shortcut that gets made. That'll run the game with the music. You might also want to run FF7Config through the start menu shortcut to make sure the OpenGL's registry entries are assigned properly (you should get a prompt to add a registry key after closing out of it), and configure the OpenGL config file through the start menu as well. The shortcuts you should be using should have updated Icons.

megaknight

• View Profile
ok so now every time i boot up the game it crashes. what should i do?
« Last Edit: 2009-10-03 21:07:45 by megaknight »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
ok so now every time i boot up the game it crashes. what should i do?

Apparently FF7Config didn't give you the prompt it should have? [Man I've gotta make that batch file more legit...]
Goto the FF7 Folder and run FF7OpenGL.reg. Make sure if you have windows vista that you've got user account control turned off or at least that you're running everything as administrator.

If that doesn't fix it, then paste the contents of the file APP.LOG in the ff7 folder here. If APP.LOG is 0kb, then do the following

A) start ff7 music configuration via the start menu shortcut
B) Run the game however
C) When the game crashes, copy and paste what the debug console in ff7 configuration says (you might have to resize the window to see the scroll bar).
« Last Edit: 2009-10-03 21:25:13 by titeguy3 »

megaknight

• View Profile
working now, but bosses are switched, and its still the old music. i dont need to restart my game, do i?
« Last Edit: 2009-10-03 22:12:34 by megaknight »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
working now, but bosses are switched, and its still the old music. i dont need to restart my game, do i?

What do you mean by "bosses are switched"? What did you do to get it to work?

megaknight

• View Profile
to get it to work, i downloaded ailis opengl driver separately, but i cant customize it, and by bosses are switched, i mean that im at the part were you fight on the elevator, and then fight rufus, and instead i fight the monster thing after you get red XIII into your party and fight the elevator boss as cloud.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
interesting....I think the Proud Clod and WallMarket patches on the 1st page will fix your boss issue. You'll need to download proud clod and WallMarket to run them, they're pretty easy to find using the search bar.

If you can't configure the driver, then I don't think it's working...

But yeah, it's apparent that the Kernel.bin file in this version has a screwed up scene look-up table still...I'll get right on a v2.3.3 that fixes this along with some other issues...
« Last Edit: 2009-10-03 22:33:51 by titeguy3 »

megaknight

• View Profile
will starting over fix the problem with the bosses?
« Last Edit: 2009-10-03 22:44:09 by megaknight »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
will starting over fix the problem with the bosses?
no.

megaknight

• View Profile
alright so how do i use the proud clod and wallmarket tools? oh and i think the problem with the opengl is that it wont install to the registry correctly which is why i get nothing when i try to use the opengl.cfg
« Last Edit: 2009-10-04 04:49:43 by megaknight »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
alright so how do i use the proud clod and wallmarket tools? oh and i think the problem with the opengl is that it wont install to the registry correctly which is why i get nothing when i try to use the opengl.cfg
They should be pretty beginner friendly, you just open them up, link to your data/battle/scene.bin file (Proud Clod) or your data/kernel/kernel.bin file (Wallmarket), then click file...apply changes patch and select the one of the patches on the front page, then click file...create (scene/kernel).bin. If you have vista, then user account control might not be letting you edit the registry. Try turning it off (via the "Users" option in the control panel), then running the registry key.

Version 2.3.3 is up! The kernel.bin file should be problem free now, not to mention all the AI updates in the changes patch (Pagoda 5, Ultimate Weapon) are now included as well as some more 2D overhaul issues solved and a batch improvement. The mirror should be updated by tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-04 05:33:34 by titeguy3 »

megaknight

• View Profile
would the ultima edition cause m problems?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
apparently not, we've decided...but it's never been tested on the ultima edition.

megaknight

• View Profile
it was the fault of ultima edition. works fine now, i borrowed my friends cd version

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
it was the fault of ultima edition. works fine now, i borrowed my friends cd version
That's good to hear!

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
Will the harcore mode option be inclued in the remix patch?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I've been considering that. Perhaps in v2.4, but I haven't implemented it yet.