Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1245702 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
I've been considering that. Perhaps in v2.4, but I haven't implemented it yet.

I havnt downloaded this remix but how does it install? Because if you were running something like the nullsoft installer you could make it an option on install

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Currently the type of installer that I'm using doesn't support installation options, but if I were to do this, I'd have two shortcuts to run the game, the first would run the game normally, and the second would run it in "hardcore" mode. So you could alternate between the two like a difficulty setting.

that would be impossible unless you programmed the exe. to read the separate kernal bins and such... meaning you would need two kernal bins. or something. o.o
or two data folders.. a waste of space really.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
that would be impossible unless you programmed the exe. to read the separate kernal bins and such... meaning you would need two kernal bins. or something. o.o
or two data folders.. a waste of space really.
Not at all, I've already rerouted the shortcuts to the game to link to batch files that run the game, rather than the executable itelf.

So it's simply a matter of renaming the scene and kernel files when the batch file is run (if necessary), then running the game.  :-D

lol. I don't know a damned about programming... i was just saying what my mind said ... >.>;;
my mind was wrong. so blame it not me.  :evil: xD

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
So yeah, I've just implemented the hardcore mod and it works perfectly! Two shortcuts: one for normal mode and one for hardcore mode. I got a few questionable errors when applying the 2D Overhaul, and the retranslations don't apply when running the game in hardcore mode, but meh. I don't see any noticeable problems...I'll release this soon, but keep the previous version available in case doing this screwed something up. I might also consider applying some retranslations to the hardcore mode if I can find an easy way to do it.

megaknight

• View Profile
is there a way to use the original models with everything else installed? the updated models seem out of place.

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
Would it be too hard to make a new ff7.exe that would replace the current (backup ofc) and would just go ahead and launch ff7music & then the game?
And a possibly larger request, can you add a "main menu" choice to the quit menu? Theres no way to load an older save without exiting the game and relaunching it.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
is there a way to use the original models with everything else installed? the updated models seem out of place.
which models you talking about? the battle ones or the field ones?

Would it be too hard to make a new ff7.exe that would replace the current (backup ofc) and would just go ahead and launch ff7music & then the game?
And a possibly larger request, can you add a "main menu" choice to the quit menu? Theres no way to load an older save without exiting the game and relaunching it.
Hex editing isn't my forte...

Zarradeth

• View Profile

Here you go, rename the original FF7.exe to "FF7game.exe", and throw this in the root directory of your FF7 install (where FF7game.exe is) and you can run this instead.
I seriously threw this together in like 30 seconds. I haven't tested it beyond booting the game, but it should work 100%- I don't think renaming the original exe is will break anything ('cept the shortcuts that the Remix installs won't run nicely).
But, adding an exit option to the main menu is a whole different story.

@Titeguy, I threw this together with Autoit. I can make a version that doesn't need the actual FF7.exe file to be renamed and you can use it in future releases if you want.

EDIT: A link to the exe might help.....
http://www.mediafire.com/?cnmx0imtzmd

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
ff7music is already launched and closed with ff7 automatically via batch files.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-07 00:34:42 by titeguy3 »

megaknight

• View Profile

both

Zarradeth

• View Profile
ff7music is already automatically launched and closed with ff7 automatically via batch files.

:P Fair enough, I personally never used them. Don't really see the point in this then xD

Edit: Just realized the very misplaced typo
« Last Edit: 2009-10-07 02:47:58 by Zarradeth »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

both

sure, just copy the original battle.lgp and char.lgp off of your install disc and copy them into data/battle/ and data/field/ respectively to overwrite the modded ones.

megaknight

• View Profile

both
what about the world map model?
sure, just copy the original battle.lgp and char.lgp off of your install disc and copy them into data/battle/ and data/field/ respectively to overwrite the modded ones.

world map models are located in the world_us lgp.
found in the WM folder... if i remember correctly.

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
ff7music is already automatically launched and closed with ff7 automatically via batch files.

:P Fair enough, I personally never used them. Don't really see the point in this then xD

Edit: Just realized the very misplaced typo

Heh you can't add batch files to steam ;)
Thanks

ddmosho

• View Profile
why do i have green lines all over everything in the background? like the way before i even had aali's custom driver? everything else is fine but those lines are really annoying......  :-(

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
why do i have green lines all over everything in the background? like the way before i even had aali's custom driver? everything else is fine but those lines are really annoying......  :-(

Run the ff7config and switch the NVIDIA thing to tnt. Then run the reg file again

ddmosho

• View Profile
what does it mean by disabling user account control?

ddmosho

• View Profile
Which registry do i edit? OpenGLconfig or ff7opengl? Also do i open Final Fantasy VII app with Run FFVII-Remix batch or just normally with the shortcut on my desktop? I'd really appreciate the help.  :-D

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Which registry do i edit? OpenGLconfig or ff7opengl? Also do i open Final Fantasy VII app with Run FFVII-Remix batch or just normally with the shortcut on my desktop? I'd really appreciate the help.  :-D

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you installed both the remix patch and then Aali's driver on top of it (or vice versa). If you've got FF7 remix, there's no reason not to use the start menu shortcut that it makes. It makes life easier. If you want a desktop shortcut, then copy the start menu shortcut to the desktop.

Both of those registry files should do the same thing, but if you run ff7config from the start menu shortcut, it'll automatically apply the right registry key after closing.

User Account Control is a feature (though I'd call it a mistake) of windows vista that essentially screws *everything* up. You can turn it off by going to the control panel, then the "users" option, and there should be an easy link that says "turn off user account control".

Also, make sure that the "Prevent rounding errors" option is on in your ff7 OpenGL config file (which you can also get to via the start menu shortcuts).

skifreak107

• View Profile
Hey again - I have 2.3.1, any changes in 2.3.2 or 2.3.3 that make it worth redownloading? Couldnt find a changelog.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
its mostly just fixes to the installer and batch files with a few bugfixes...So I'm gonna say if you're not having issues, don't bother. Typically, if there's a significant content update, I'll make it 2.4 instead of 2.3.x.

Archu

• View Profile
Hm. Just a few questions though.

I suppose it isn't compatible with gjoerulv's patch? Because i'm wondering if the difficulty has been notched up a bit aswell. =o