Author Topic: Battle issues. No, it's not incorrect enemies [Steam]  (Read 1903 times)

Aerosol

• View Profile
Sometimes, when attacking enemies in random field battles, the selected character will do nothing, and the enemy will stay in its idle animation as if nothing happened as well. But the game will treat that enemy as "dead", because the battle will end when any other enemy that hasn't been glitched in that way has been killed.

The same can happen to the party too. I'm fighting the Midgar Zolom and when it does it's tail slap attack, that party member is disabled. Their name, atb bar, and stats are gone. The model stops moving as well, and the game treats them like they're dead because I get a game over if every body else dies.

I just crossed the marsh with a Chocobo. It only seems to a happen with some enemies. Midgar Zolom, as mentioned, can cause a member of the party to have the "there but not there" problem, but it was happening with the dog enemies in the field, and one of the sector 6 random battle mooks too.

Oh I should also mention that when Midgar Zolom does it to one of my party members, the rest of them can't do anything. I can select actions for them, but once I do everybody just stares at each other and poses until I hit alt+f4.

I've installed all the mods in the 7th Heaven modding guide (here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0), but I didn't activate the Red Werewolf mod. Mod load order was as the guide suggested (sans Red Werewolf).

Oh and I've done absolutely no save editing.

Any idea what's going on?

(this post previously appeared in the troubleshooting forum)