Author Topic: problem with ff7.exe is v1.02  (Read 14719 times)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: problem with ff7.exe is v1.02
« Reply #25 on: 2006-09-15 14:13:41 »
Add/Remove program from your Cotrol Panel. Use TNT fix.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006-09-15 14:55:33 »
and how can i reconise the "condec" in the list of "supress/remove" of my contol panel ?
thanks

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #27 on: 2006-09-15 15:46:05 »
Hit & miss probably.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-09-15 16:32:29 »
Most people have success with TNT. Even on my old Riva card, I did better with TNT.

You may want to look for ffdshow. A google search will find it, and it seems to work well for anything.

(For future reference, there is no 'n' i codec)

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #29 on: 2006-09-15 19:30:12 »
Direct Sound Accelertion
Dxdiag Instructions....

In the "Run..." menu of Windows. (It's in the Start Button....)
Type: Dxdiag
In the text box...and press OK.

A program will load up.... Go to the Sound Tab.... there will be a slider bar.... move it until you see it say something about Basic mode. Should be the second notch from the left. I had a problem with FF7pc on my PC, and putting it on basic mode worked for me.

As for codecs and all that jazz.... I don't know anything about that stuff. I know what they are... But I don't know how you can remove them from WinXP. Honestly....I don't think there is any simple way of doing it. Win98 I know of a way....but not WinXP. But, if the movies play in window's mediaplayer.... then most likely they'll play in the game, too. They may not play very well... Could be a slideshow in-game.... But, I would gamble to guess that the Video Codecs are not the cause of a Drop to Desktop, in such a case.

Note about the TNT patch: The TNT patch isn't a Nividia patch...not really. What it really is, is a 8bit pallet disable patch. The TNT patch only works with video cards that FAIL the 8 bit pallet test. If the 8 bit pallet test says PASS, the TNT patch will not work. So...if your TEST screen in the FF7config program says PASS for that test.... then the TNT patch isn't going to work for you. I'm not familar with ATI... but it's the same for those cards, too. Also, beaware, this is only for Hardwaremode... Doesn't matter with Software mode. So, get the game working in Software mode before messing with Hardware mode. Or you'll just compound your errors and will never find the cause.

Also be aware, it's not really the video cards that control whether the test reads Pass or Fail, it's the video drivers. So it could be that updated video drivers, will fix it, too. (again this is for Hardware mode.....get Software mode working first.)

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-09-15 23:00:04 »
After all these errors I keep hearing about keep popping up, I'm amazed at how I installed and ran mine without any problems.

Is there a reason, or just sheer luck?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006-09-15 23:17:07 »
He wasn't experiencing crashing to desktop until he started playing with hardware acceleration. Black screen with no error message means that Duck TrueMotion2.0 codec wasn't installed properly. It doesn't matter if movie itself is viewable with WMP or any other player.

Having a laptop with no NumPad_Enter key makes it hard to get to main menu, but then again - to start a new game, intro must be played first - this filter have to be installed properly in order to play.

To install/uninstall codecs (filters) you use regsvr32.exe, but I'd just look for codec packs in Add/Remove and uninstall them (I doubt that he installed faulty codecs with regsvr32).

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006-09-15 23:21:51 »
GREAT it works !!!!!
Thank you all , I can try to install the sephy patch
thanks !!!!!!!!!!

- Edit -
In fact I have only a problem with the "ff universe" version and not with the french version (give on the subject of the forum).
But unfortunatly , the "ff universe" version is the only version aviable to install the sephiroth patch that I want to install .

So I must resolve the problem with the english version.
I have try to unistall the game and all the codecs
I have make all the thinks to do with dxdiag for the sound
I have pass the game in TNT
I have try to  apply the upside-down patch
But the problem still ...the same black screen where i can't do nothing , with computer or with joystick , to escape ...

I have notice that in FF configurations/ graphics , in the "required 3D features for Direct 3D"  all the options carry the inscription "pass" opposite of each one ...but there is an exception :
8-bit Paletted Textures dont have "pass" but have "---"

Do you think that I have a problem with this option ? Do you think  that this can make party of the problem?If yes, what can I make "required 3D features for Direct 3D"  become "pass" ?
Thank you very much to explain me in details how to do .
thanks

Mod Edit: Do not double-post.
« Last Edit: 2006-09-19 06:17:45 by Alhexx »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-09-18 16:26:49 »
Pretty much all cards will fail on 8-bit palleted textures. The whole point of the 1.02 patch is so that you can run it anyway.

The best advice I can give you is to run in software mode, as it is generally less buggy and more reliable.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006-09-18 16:31:31 »
If i pass in software mode (and so leave NVDIA) the resultat  8-bit palleted textures is not "...." but "fail"
so it's not a good solution for me.
somebody has another idea please ? I suppose that having "pass" is the solution to pass the problem

- Edit -
I will lose my internet connection (in wifi durings the holidays in my family ) tomorow at minight (in 24hours )so please if you have a solution to my problem  give it quickly ...
thanks

Mod Edit: Do not double-post.
« Last Edit: 2006-09-19 06:18:37 by Alhexx »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006-09-19 10:12:49 »
Have you seen the "Required 3D Features for Direct3D" caption above that pass/fail list? Do you think that having a "pass" in 8-bit paletted textures is vital when using Software mode?

Ok, as for your current problem... Use French ff7.exe! File names can be changed so the English version will work in the end, but that's not something you'd want to do.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006-09-19 14:31:33 »
the problem is that the sephiroth patch dont work with the french version , only with the english version ...
what can i do ?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006-09-19 14:34:43 »
Just wait until it's compatible with French version.