Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 692319 times)

orlan

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #150 on: 2008-09-15 17:27:04 »
i dont know about that bryan but the npc works for me and i have the ff7 ultima edition. maybe il try to patch prp aswell i keep on posting about. so ff7 funatixz dont loose hope i works for me then. why wont any others dont ... ryt.. just keep on tryin. and if its not just reinstall the game .. hope that helpszz some of u out there

divertiti

« Reply #151 on: 2008-10-15 22:33:38 »
Don't know if this has been brought up, there are texture flashes on materias and save points with this mod, there was none on the NPC reconstruction 0.6. Also the Shinra soldiers are still the old model, where in NPC reconstruction it's the newer one. Just thought you should know.

Is this mod still being worked on at all?

burnzy51

« Reply #152 on: 2008-10-17 10:14:54 »
what is this mod exactly? a better version of NPC Recon ?

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008-10-18 00:11:54 »
what is this mod exactly? a better version of NPC Recon ?

Yes, a MUCH better version.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008-10-18 00:12:08 »
It's the newer version, yes. It's got more models, some updated models, at the expense of some glitches.

The materia issue is a known one. Not sure what you mean by the soldier one.

burnzy51

« Reply #155 on: 2008-10-19 12:04:37 »
any screenshots of how it looks ?

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008-10-19 16:03:12 »
I managed to install it without using the .exe provided in the installation, just did a little renaming so that I could check it out without doing the full re-installation. 

I'm happy with this so far! Haven't really done much aside from pop into a few towns to see whats changed, I think i'd see more if I replayed but I just don't have the time. Is there any way some people could take some screens and just throw them up?

What's really been added since NPCv0.6?

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008-10-29 22:51:43 »
Just encountered a few graphics errors during the whole Diamond Weapon event in Disc 2 yesterday.  Here's one of 'em:

Occurs during the buildup to the Cannon firing, when everyone's still on the Bridge.

There's another one before that, when Diamond is moving towards midgar.  The World map is missing textures all over the place.  There was one really bad spot when I tried it the other day, with entire landmasses acting as if they'd got Hidden Surface Removal'd.

Later on, when you're trying to get to Hojo, the entire screen, 2D background and all, was totally corrupt, and other 2D artifacts started appearing (improper colors, random border lines around the experience gauges and text boxes, etc.)

I haven't had these errors happen to me when I replayed the scene today, so I don't know if it's from the PRP patch or if my video card started screwing up randomly....

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008-10-30 08:41:25 »
well guys you all have to wait till i had my boxing match

b4 i start work on this i have to do some lines for voice mod too

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008-10-31 21:09:29 »
Just encountered a few graphics errors during the whole Diamond Weapon event in Disc 2 yesterday.  Here's one of 'em:

Occurs during the buildup to the Cannon firing, when everyone's still on the Bridge.

There's another one before that, when Diamond is moving towards midgar.  The World map is missing textures all over the place.  There was one really bad spot when I tried it the other day, with entire landmasses acting as if they'd got Hidden Surface Removal'd.

Later on, when you're trying to get to Hojo, the entire screen, 2D background and all, was totally corrupt, and other 2D artifacts started appearing (improper colors, random border lines around the experience gauges and text boxes, etc.)

I haven't had these errors happen to me when I replayed the scene today, so I don't know if it's from the PRP patch or if my video card started screwing up randomly....

i didnt have any of these problems when i played thru it, sounds like a end user setup problem, i hope ur video card isnt going out.

polaris_027

« Reply #160 on: 2008-11-19 01:21:03 »
is this project still alive? i mean will there still be a next version for this with all the bugs and errors fixed?

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008-11-21 21:35:42 »
Hey Ice, My comp is really old, im pretty sure that this PRP thing is going to improve the graphics right? Is there anyway I can use the Sephiroth patch without modifing the graphics with the prp installer.?

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008-11-21 21:37:35 »
Oh yeah, ice i added you on msn aswell.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008-11-21 22:04:41 »
i didnt have any of these problems when i played thru it, sounds like a end user setup problem, i hope ur video card isnt going out.

For what its worth, I haven't had errors of that magnitude since then.  I think it might have been a one-time thing.  *shrugs*

However, I have noticed that the tifa-chocobo race model is missing her face textures every time the model is used, without fail.  Perhaps something is not right in the LGP file?

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008-11-22 03:05:28 »
Goku, if i want to play using the sephiroth patch do i HAVE to use the prp... Because I dont really mind having the original Ps1 graphics while playing.. Or is it a must.?

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008-11-22 03:27:52 »
The really annoying and hard thing to do is actually aquire a Legit Final Fantasy 7 on PC. There isn't one place on the net i can fine one for a reasonable price, all i see is 149$ for a new copy.. like cmon.... If anyone knows where i can buy ff7 on pc can they tell me >.<. A company or something..

polaris_027

« Reply #166 on: 2008-11-22 05:19:56 »
i think amazon sell's it for 20$..not sure though..

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008-11-22 10:22:58 »
Oh right, I guess i'll check it out ^_^. thanks.

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008-11-22 10:39:33 »
Nah .. the cheapest amazon sells it for is 70$ us+ 4 postage = 114 aus dollars  :oops:

polaris_027

« Reply #169 on: 2008-11-22 11:29:18 »
oh? well sorry bout that..guess my sources aren't that much reliable..still it's cheaper than $149 ^^D

chaingang64

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008-11-22 23:04:51 »
Hahah true true, but still I dont have enough cash to buy the game... I really wana try this sephiroth patch.. anyone got any kind of suggestion?

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008-11-23 12:52:46 »
plz help i instrall it bur=t when im not on the world map and i try and go to menu it comes up with ff7 has stopped working!!

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008-11-23 16:02:20 »
i believe that issue was addressed a long time ago, although it was not an issue with me. i dont recall what fixed it, but look in some of the earlier pages it might help you.

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008-11-23 17:02:44 »
i got it working i had to start a new game lol i don't know why.

ChrisFowler

« Reply #174 on: 2008-11-24 06:54:39 »
Hi-I just signed up here so that I could say thank you.  I'm not sure how much work you put into the project overall, but I sure enjoyed it.  Made me glad that I tracked town a copy of the PC version, that's for sure...

So yeah, thanks.