Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)  (Read 266696 times)

Nesouk

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.0)
« Reply #225 on: 2020-05-20 18:41:24 »
Well being trying Necron and.... just how many fucking HP he has ? I swear I've had try that lasted over 30 minutes the fucker just never die, hands down the most frustrating fight of the mod, Meteor and Crucifix are pure RNG, Regen on a boss that has Auto-Haste great idea -_-, and he just get turn after turn thanks to the dummies thing. On the good at least we can use his Newtoring against him to heal us  that pretty much the only good news tough.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2020-05-20 21:20:30 »
Hello Hinyaldee.
No, it's not possible for me to create a mod on PSX to include Beatrix as a regular playable character. It would require a change of file size that I can't do. For the Moguri mod, it's even worse because it would require a very deep modification of the game's engine which has as much chance to happen one day as having FFXV ported to PS1.
There are gameshark codes for hacking Beatrix into the party though (without cutscenes and all, but at least she can be played).

@Nesouk: It has 30 000 HP x 4 = 120 000 HP (each orb corresponds to 30 000 HP).
It can't heal over a threshold so if you got rid of all his orbs, it can't heal to more than 30 000 HP even with Regen for example.

Hinyaldee

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2020-05-21 09:31:18 »
Hello Hinyaldee.
No, it's not possible for me to create a mod on PSX to include Beatrix as a regular playable character. It would require a change of file size that I can't do. For the Moguri mod, it's even worse because it would require a very deep modification of the game's engine which has as much chance to happen one day as having FFXV ported to PS1.
There are gameshark codes for hacking Beatrix into the party though (without cutscenes and all, but at least she can be played).

@Nesouk: It has 30 000 HP x 4 = 120 000 HP (each orb corresponds to 30 000 HP).
It can't heal over a threshold so if you got rid of all his orbs, it can't heal to more than 30 000 HP even with Regen for example.

Thanks for your quick reply ! So that means that Alternate Fantasy for PSX doesn't include the possibility to play with Beatrix ? I was wondering aswell, is there any plans for an Android version of Alternate Fantasy, Moguri Mod or at least playable Beatrix, please ? If not, would it be possible for you to do so, please please pretty please !

Cheers !

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2020-05-21 11:31:37 »
I don't know if that one would be easy. It should be possible.
However, I won't do it myself. I've pretty much left modding and starting to study the Android version is way more work than I allow myself to do now.

Agrias

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2020-05-21 18:28:21 »
Hey Tirlititi so I have been messing around with Hades Workshop for a tiny bit but I noticed you completely changed how steal works. Where in Hades Workshop were you able to do that?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2020-05-22 00:58:46 »
I was not able to do that with Hades Workshop. I did that with dnSpy.
Everything is explained in AF's source files (the download link is in the opening post).

Granfalloon

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2020-05-27 13:53:23 »
So Moguri 8 is out and I didn't even think to check if it was compatible with your Beatrix Mod + Moguri files before I installed it. Did I mess something up? Should I wait for an update?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2020-05-27 14:39:13 »
I *think* that if you installed the Moguri mod then the Beatrix files, then you'll have at best plenty of features of the Moguri mod missing and at worst fatal errors or soft locks. If you installed the Beatrix files then the Moguri mod, you should have a working Moguri mod but many problems with Beatrix (trance will bug, supporting abilities may not work, the added optional bosses will bug...).

So you should probably wait for an update yes.

Granfalloon

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2020-05-28 00:21:26 »
I *think* that if you installed the Moguri mod then the Beatrix files, then you'll have at best plenty of features of the Moguri mod missing and at worst fatal errors or soft locks. If you installed the Beatrix files then the Moguri mod, you should have a working Moguri mod but many problems with Beatrix (trance will bug, supporting abilities may not work, the added optional bosses will bug...).

So you should probably wait for an update yes.
Thanks so much for the reply and for all your work, I'll wait patiently! :)

pseudodiego

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2020-05-29 06:52:53 »
Hi. I'm thinking about doing a difficulty mod affecting only the boss and compatible with this one.

I was thinking about about increasing stats by 100% and giving every boss protect, haste and Shell.
You have experiencia editing the combat. Do you think it'll be beatable or just impossible? Maybe it'll be a better approach to reduce the party stats?. I want a experience similar to unleashed, what do you think is the best approach to get that.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2020-05-29 10:19:34 »
Hi Pseudodiego,
Well, considering that increasing the damaging and protecting stats of the enemies (or lowering the party's) can be balanced by leveling up and longer battles, it wouldn't make the game impossible to beat. So you can do it like this if you want.
In Unleashed, another change was to remove the elemental absorbtion of the equipments and most of the elemental nullifications. This would be needed as well for an "Unleashed" experience since there are several bosses that are not a threat anymore with a proper preparation, even with boosted stats.

justpassingby29

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2020-05-31 07:20:14 »
Hello to all.
Created this account just so I can communicate here.
I tried my best reading the Readme and whatnot but I ran into issues.

For Alternate 5.0, everything was pretty much fine. The problem is that Beatrix's trance is bugged and there's this issue in Memoria where no matter how many times I enter, a black screen always occurs before the scene of Quina swimming.
Alternate 4.5 works just fine but not 5.0 for some reasons.

I have no Moguri Mods installed. At least I don't think so. I only installed the files from Alternate Fantasy Mod 5.0, just to clarify. Did I go wrong somewhere?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2020-05-31 10:24:26 »
Maybe that's because you installed the Assembly-CSharp.dll at the wrong place (it can be either "x64/FF9_Data/Managed" or "x86/FF9_Data/Managed"; use both for safety). The reason it would bug for 5.0 and not 4.5 is that there is a change on that screen with Hades in 5.0 that require the DLL to be properly installed and not in 4.5.

Other than that, there's a bug with black screen for the Steam version of the game (that's not the mod) but it should occur randomly, not always at the same point, and more likely when battles start instead of field transitions.

justpassingby29

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2020-05-31 13:11:32 »
I see. That makes sense. Will give that a go.

justpassingby29

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2020-05-31 14:07:24 »
If I could edit my previous comment, I would but there's no options for that.

I installed that DLL file in both x64 and x86 but still that black screen.
I went back to 4.5 just to trigger Quina's swimming scene and went back to 5.0 after that is done and still nothing but black screen.
Just in case, I had a separate in-game file if I messed up.

Found the "Edit" symbol and "Modify" feature. Didn't realize that.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-31 18:48:03 by justpassingby29 »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2020-05-31 14:54:18 »
That's very strange... I'm out of guess (especially considering that you don't have the Moguri mod and thus there is no reason for compatibility issue to happen: the official's version stopped updating a while ago and the mod's files are up-to-date).

Oh, I just thought! Maybe you use that setting:
- a backup folder "FINAL FANTASY IX" with nothing installed in it,
- a game folder "FINAL FANTASY IX Modded" or whatever different name, from which you launch the game.
The problem is: even if you start the game from "FINAL FANTASY IX Modded", it will always go pick files from the "FINAL FANTASY IX" folder (the name is what matters there).
If you're in that situation, simply swap the names of the folders so that the version you play with is always inside the folder called "FINAL FANTASY IX".

justpassingby29

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2020-05-31 16:33:28 »
Unfortunately, it's not that situation either. After Hades Workshop did its thing, I copied the modded files and paste them in their respective spots in StreamingAssets and x64 but still received that black screen in Memoria.
It is always that spot, discounting the random black screen during battle transitions.

I don't mind just sticking to version 4.5 but I know I am missing out on good contents or adjustments in version 5.0 so, for the time being, I will train to max level and then switch to version 4.5 and finish the rest of the game from there.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2020-05-31 17:56:42 »
Wait... You don't need Hades Workshop to install the mod.
Hades Workshop is needed only if you want to recompile the mod from scratch (if you want to append your own modifications for instance). Otherwise, it's only a matter of replacing files and there's no HW involved.

Did you download the link "Steam Version" or "Source files"?

Because if you recompile the mod from the source files, you need an extra step using another tool, dnSpy, on top of HW. That's strange because all of that would have been written in the Readme.txt if you downloaded the source files.

justpassingby29

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2020-05-31 18:30:01 »
This is what I did.

1. I downloaded the Steam Mod version. Before I copied and paste those files, I opened up Hades Workshop and opened the unedited/original files via the Launcher or FF9.Exe of Steam's.

2. I used Hades Workshop to then open the Alternate Fantasy Mod 5.0 HWS after the initial scanning of the unedited files, replaced some abilities (like not as useful Auto-Potion with Guardian Mog and MP Attack with Long Reach if the melee fighters do not already have it) and also re-enabled the original Boosters given by Square-Enix.

3. I saved the Mod that was given by Hades Workshop and copied with those files over to the unedited ones. I made a backup of the original ones beforehand.

Edit:
Okay. This is what I did to fix it somehow.

1. I verified the game files in Steam back to its Vanilla version.
2. I redownloaded the Steam Version Mod.
3. I used Hades Workshop and opened the Vanilla files.
4. I did my editing once again and it was a bit painful.
5. Saved both the Steam Mod and HWS file.
6. Copied over the Steam Mod that was generated by my editing in Hades Workshop.
7. Enabled the Disabled Encounter and Fast Forward Boosters just to check whether the black screen bug is still there.
8. No more Black Screen Bug in that water area where Hades is hidden.

Edit 2: Never mind. I was wrong. The reason why I thought it worked was because I have not copied and paste my 2nd attempt yet.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-01 06:25:00 by justpassingby29 »

pseudodiego

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2020-06-02 10:41:50 »
Hi. Any ETA for the compatibility patch with Moguri 8.0?. Thanks!.

obtusedan

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2020-06-06 07:40:35 »
First wanna say, just finished. I thoroughly enjoyed it. However I'm assuming it's a bug, but during the Necron fight, there were several times he used Blue Shockwave and it healed instead of hurt. Also Neuron Ring would sometimes do nothing at all.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2020-06-12 20:59:09 »
Thanks for the report of the bug, obtusedan. I'm not sure of why Blue Shockwave would heal... I have seen very strange things on Necron's fight, with damage overflow and things like that. I'll have to do some tests with the Moguri/Memoria mod because I used to make my tests mainly on the standalone version and I've oversight many bugs because of that.

Neutron Ring being an Earth-elemental attack, characters can be guarded against it.

@pseudodiego: I didn't want to give an ETA because it depends on many things, but I have progressed well these days so I guess that it could come out by the end of the month.

pseudodiego

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2020-06-13 11:55:01 »
Thanks for the report of the bug, obtusedan. I'm not sure of why Blue Shockwave would heal... I have seen very strange things on Necron's fight, with damage overflow and things like that. I'll have to do some tests with the Moguri/Memoria mod because I used to make my tests mainly on the standalone version and I've oversight many bugs because of that.

Neutron Ring being an Earth-elemental attack, characters can be guarded against it.

@pseudodiego: I didn't want to give an ETA because it depends on many things, but I have progressed well these days so I guess that it could come out by the end of the month.

I was thinking it was going to take much longer. Thanks for the great work!.

This_is_Seager

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2020-06-22 22:47:53 »
Hey sorry if this has been answered already I couldn't see it.

Does this mod effect the way we level up? I don't really want to try remain level 1 for the majority of the game but I do want to optimize stat growth.

If anyone can let me know I'd really appreciate it thanks

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2020-06-22 23:00:34 »
Hello This_is_Seager.

No, the mod doesn't affect the lvl up or stat growth system. It removes a couple of experience that would be otherwise impossible to avoid though ("You're not alone" segment). A lvl 1 game was proven to be possible with the mod although it has very tedious parts.

As for the vanilla version, it doesn't really worth the hassle to make a lvl 1 playthrough except for the achievement itself.
The ultimate weapons of the different characters give a big boost in the main stats though and they can give some points overall.