Author Topic: Final Sephiroth patch / Complete Sephiroth patch FF7 PC *work in progress*  (Read 67918 times)

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
updates will be updated when GF-San posts them.
Just gotta wait until then ^- ^

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
I was also wondering if it would be possible for you to also release a version with the original portait in the menu.  If you're going through the trouble of using the real field model and animations and whatnot, why not use the real portrait as well?

Lionsmane

• View Profile
Well replacing portraits is really simple. Given how complicated I've heard AI scripting to be, I'd say replacing the portrait in the right folder could be left up to the user.

Haha it is just my guess that his time spent on this project would be better allotted to the bigger beasts  :wink:

Ashopath

• View Profile
Sephiroth is the greatest character and he deserves dedictaed fans! ;) I recently started the game with the scorpicus patch but couldn't bear to listen to Sephiroth whining like Cloud. So i decided to change things.  :evil: Yesterday i started editing the script and have gotten as far as getting Aeris home. I wouldn't say it's perfect coz it's the first time i've ever edited anything like this, so i'm just replacing the original script instead of adding whole new convos and scenes. It's hard to portray Sephiroth properly when he has to interact with so many people without being able to kill them but i am doin my best. hehe. if you'd like the field lgp file so that you can consider my ideas for your patch i would be delighted to send it to you. Oh and please can we get an update for the patch, i want it so bad!  ;)

Genesis Rhapsodos

"I still prefer to play a Sephiroth patch where I can still die in-game."

I agree that with any Sephiroth mod if he can't die it takes the fun out of it, what I'd like to do is start off using Sephiroth. Although what I'm interested in mods for the psx or psp version, as the PC version doesn't really interest me. Also it would be cool if there was some way to avoid Aerith dying, such as letting Yuffie die instead. Are there any decent Sephiroth mods for the psx or psn version? I know using cheats you can put him in your party, but then he's invincible and glitchy. If you're able to skin any of the in-game models or import new ones, then if Genesis was made the main villain that would make sense from a plot perspective somewhat that he could make a come back.

Although what would be really cool is if someone could make a Crisis Core mod where you can play through the game using Cloud or Sephiroth.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
is this still being worked on?

Sabermoff

This is an awesome mod and all, but that would be so amazing if you or someone else could make Sephiroth as just another playable battle character, without fully replacing Cloud as the main character(I don't know if someone has already done that, because I'm new here. But my bad if someone has.) Also, it would be much better if you or someone else could make a Sephiroth patch using the hi-res sephiroth model as shown in the remix and the AC mods, in the field and in battle as well. Whoever could accomplish one or both of those goals would be my eternal hero.

Sabermoff

This mod is really well done, but I think it would be so amazing if you or someone else made a sephiroth patch that just gives sephiroth as a playable battle character, so that cloud isn't replaced in the story, and because I would love to have both cloud and sephiroth fight in my battles. I wouldnt even mind replacing a character with sephy, such as cait sith. Also, that would be awesome if someone could make a sephiroth patch using the hi-res model of sephiroth as seen in the remix patch and the AC mods. If one or both of those things were accomplished, that person would be my eternal hero.

Sabermoff

oh, my bad, I thought my first reply wasn't posted lol. you can refer to both.

Please don't double (or triple) post. Use the 'edit' function instead. Thanks - Bosola

« Last Edit: 2012-05-09 13:37:51 by Bosola »

blackdeathmessenger

• A man can dream, but that's all it will ever be.
    • View Profile
GF-San, how much progress has been made since your last update?

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Let the man work guys jeez.  Anway in other note Zyrrahx not to get your hopes up but I was going to see if I could get some of his Dissidia moves and also have two versions of Octaslash.  The Dessidia one and the Crisis Core where he glows green.  I haven't modded in a long while so it may take me a long time but I to want to see Dessidia moves used as limits which they mostly look like anyway.  Has anyone done any animation editing with the game recently and was it pretty hard or moderatly tough?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
animation modding is just extremely tedious ( according to blood )
this mod is pretty much abandoned I'd say
the author was last in the forum
Last Active:
    2011-12-25 16:58:02

so that's practically 3/4 of a year gone without him checking back

Sephiroth shares his animations ( because of the bone structure ) with Aerith and Tseng ( and probably some more but I can't be assed to check )
I poked around for a bit and it actually seems really easy to make this mod. you swap cloud's model ( AAAA.hrc ) with a swordless Sephiroth ( BKHD.hrc ) in every field and then update the animations. you dont really need to "add" any because the game has animations for everything. you just need to replace cloud's existing animations.
of course thats gonna run you in some serious trouble because cloud has animations that aren't covered by aerith, tseng or pretty much anyone that uses their bone structure. I think the author can across this and thus abandoned the project.
there are 361 animations that work with sephiroth globally. tedious.

genesis063

• View Profile
Then I ask this question.  So would their be an animation or a set you could do for things like Octaslash or Scintilla?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Then I ask this question.  So would their be an animation or a set you could do for things like Octaslash or Scintilla?

that are battle animations
that's completely different from field animations
also: no
Sephiroths battle model has very limited actual moving animations. VERY limited.
what you wanna do there means you have to create animations from scratch
good luck doing that

genesis063

• View Profile
So basically its going to be a huge pain in the but then?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
you must be british. Because our dear british members are the kings of understatement

I wouldn't count on anyone ever doing this. If you want it, you need to do it yourself.

genesis063

• View Profile
I'm more Irish then anything.  Well that being said know a good program?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
yeah. I like openoffice and libreoffice, artmoney and cheatengine are helpful too, but as we're in a modding forum, bootleg is quite a good progra- oh you probably meant to make animations
no idea. dont care, either.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
I'm more Irish then anything.  Well that being said know a good program?
Kimera is a good program that you can mess with animations with :) Don't listen to Kuugen :)

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
did I say there isn't a program? I said I don't know
also, he needs to make new animations from scratch, not just mess with existing ones

genesis063

• View Profile
Thanks e1sunz and kuugen no worries its all cool thanks for the answers.  I'll see what I can come up with and if I pull it off i'll be sure to share with everyone.

Edit: I downloaded a free trial of motionstudio 3D so hopefully that'll work for what I need.  Unfortunately it's only thirty days and I won't get the most out of it this month so i'll have to wait till next month because that is when I have the most time.  So hope you guys can wait.

Edit: So I just saw a post on his youtube video replying to someone a week ago that he still plans to finish this and is almost done with everything till disc 3.  He just stopped posting because he got tired of getting flamed.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-19 08:11:42 by genesis063 »

GF-san

• View Profile
I am still alive and I am still working on this. I have had some heavy medical set backs, in which I have recovered from. I'm still going to complete this for the fans. I don't break promises.

I'm continuing on from Junon, everything up to from there has been implemented.

Kinds regards,

GF-san/Dennis
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 19:03:13 by GF-san »

genesis063

• View Profile
Awesome did you check out my Sephiroth limit mod?

GF-san

• View Profile
I will have a looksy.