Author Topic: FFVII : Advent Children topic -11.12- TGS04 + 64 new images!  (Read 112954 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
FFVII : Advent Children topic -11.12- TGS04 + 64 new images!
« Reply #275 on: 2004-12-18 16:59:53 »

I appologize, i thought that was common knowledge *edits last post so no one sees that*

oh, and
Ged said
(YazooxCloud on highway + TifaxLoz in the church)

You DO realize that connotates love scenes and not fights, riiight? Unless AC is gonna turn out to be some funky pr0n movie, i'd re-word that if i were you XD

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
« Reply #276 on: 2004-12-18 18:19:59 »
It stands for pairing, what they are doing in the doujinshi musn't be love-making..

MemphisBleek

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2004-12-22 22:23:02 »
FUCK!! after I played my ass off with FF7...Im gettin to know that the story never ended? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY(Dont Be a Menace,Shawn Wayans)....

Cant wait till Advent Children comes out...and whens  FF7 : DOC dropping?

Ged

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2004-12-23 07:51:24 »
So far mid 2005.. But Square never keeps deadlines.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #279 on: 2004-12-23 08:27:09 »
Quote from: MemphisBleek
f***!! after I played my ass off with FF7...Im gettin to know that the story never ended? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY(Dont Be a Menace,Shawn Wayans)....

Oh for -deity-'s sake, learn how to write proper English and dump the swears. If you think language like that makes you sound cool and natural, you're in the wrong crowd here.

MemphisBleek

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2004-12-25 17:10:22 »
Yeah,Im trying to sound "cool"...
Im out

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2004-12-25 17:48:39 »
Quote from: MemphisBleek
f***!! after I played my ass off with FF7...Im gettin to know that the story never ended? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY(Dont Be a Menace,Shawn Wayans)....

Erm...Well I expect itll be dropping when someone...drops it?

yoshi314

• View Profile
bad feeling about this
« Reply #282 on: 2004-12-25 22:29:01 »
i think ff7:ac will suck. why? because it's not interactive :/
and it's gonna be at most 2-3 hours long. this is no compensation for an awesome game that squeenix might finally make :|

another sad thing is that square is doing its usual fan-ripoff thing. if the ff7:ac makes a financial success they'll make...a series? another movie? or maybe a game. my guess is that they'll make all that and more. just to limit-break our pockets.

and if the movie doesn't work out financially they'll propably forget ff7. forever. i don't know which option sucks more.

either way it's gonna be a rip-off. either we pay for a dvd, which may not make a success and doom ff7-2-ish chances forever, or it could be just a first step to make us pay more and more hoping for a ff7-2. [they already tried this by giving people an incomplete, unsatisfying ending in FFX, forcing people to make requests for a second part - as someone in square said, they didn't feel like abandoning their accomplishment with the epic world of FFX, so they just give people a reason to wait for the second part of the story set in the same world = less work to do, same/more money to get]

i don't have anything against FF7:AC .the trailers are awesome. and the movie might be great [if they don't screw up the script or something]. but it might fail just as previous movie did [i actually really liked it, i don't get it why it failed]

yeah i had a feeling that white cape dude could be rufus or sephiroth or some clone, maybe some bigger jenova's part left out. who else would these guys obey? [heidegger was too fat to fit into a wheelchair anyway:D] [i also thought for a while that this could be cloud's clone, since it's not clear in FF7 if the cloud that falls into the lifestream is the same one that emerges from it, maybe something weird happened in the lifestream. well what about tifa then....she was also there.oh..forget it:D]

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2004-12-26 01:58:00 »
FF7:AC will suck because its not...interactive?

You must not like movies in general then if thats your main beef with it.

I just find it weird, everyone screams "More! More! We want more!", then once they get it, "No, its horrible, you're ruining it!" Seems people just like to bitch :/

I see nothing wrong with the movie. If it were titled "Final Fantasy: Advent Children", and removed the 7, and changed the characters names and looks, I doubt people would be dismissing it so soon. But because it has those known-faces, everyone assumes bloody hell. Your only complaint with it is its tied to FF7 basically. If all ties to FF7 were severed, would you still think it was going to suck based on the trailers and information leaked out?

Have optimism people. Give things a chance before you go blindly dismissing things.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2005-01-28 10:26:30 »
New trailer: (number 4)

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

Dont watch the end if you don't want to see massive spoiler.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #285 on: 2005-01-28 10:51:42 »
Woot, I wondered when they were going to make those shots public!  :D

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2005-01-28 23:16:30 »
That could be another flashback.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2005-01-29 05:40:28 »
That aint no flashback, yo.

So.. whos gonan translate this? I can gather most of what all that was due to past trailers, and the line at the end i THINK is "I will not be just a memory", based on initial Venice/montreal pre-screenings, but still.  It'd be nice to ahve a translation =)

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2005-01-29 20:53:48 »
Spoiler: show
I am saying that it might be in the crater after you beat Safer Sephiroth.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2005-01-30 05:04:58 »
Spoiler: show
 Nope, it's not: In ff7, he didnt have his coat.  Also, in the 30 minute preview shown in venice and montreal, this is a scene shown in conjunction with the scene in which we see Cloud facing an avalanche of falling debris, with Sephy at it's center.  So, it's him in real-time =)

Ged

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2005-01-30 07:45:03 »
A downloadable version is avaialble here.

Credits go to Zer0 from ff7ac.net ..

13uRneR

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2005-01-30 20:56:35 »
I must say, this movie seems to do all the Final Fantasy 7 characters justice

edit: tpye this address in your bar for a bigger version (stretches it some)

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/ff7ac_main.swf

enjoy  :D

Hybir

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2005-01-31 05:47:41 »
Quote from: 13uRneR
I must say, this movie seems to do all the Final Fantasy 7 characters justice

We'll all have to wait til it gets released but I'm gonna hate Square for quite a while if they dub the movie using people who don't fit into the roles (Princess Mononoke, anyone?).

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #293 on: 2005-01-31 06:02:16 »
1st, Spirited Away was probably the best dubbing I have ever seen done with Anime. Sadly, there was a bit of a plot point that was mistranslated, but it's forgiviable.

2nd, Sony will probably be dubbing it, not Disney.

3rd, As I speak Japanese I'll probably be seeing this the day it's released on DVD.

4th, it's not like it's going to be fansubbed 30 seconds after it's released. It will be most likely be availible using some protocol that rhymes with "Borrent", not that I advocate that kind of thing.

Which reminds me, when the movie comes out, treat any movie requests, reguardless of fansubbing, with the same response as a request for the FF7 game. I'm pretty sure with the way Square has been shutting down fansubed trailors, they are going to be adopting a zero-tolerance to anything even remotely looking like an Advent Children link. Keep in mind, this movie can seriously break SquareEnix. They don't have the ability fallback like they did with FF:TSW. If this movie doen't make it, they are dead meat.

Just a heads up.

Ged

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2005-01-31 10:23:22 »
Quote from: halkun
1st, Spirited Away was probably the best dubbing I have ever seen done with Anime. Sadly, there was a bit of a plot point that was mistranslated, but it's forgiviable.

Offtopic - which point of plot? I saw both the japanese and english, although a long time ago so I don't remember...

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #295 on: 2005-01-31 22:49:27 »
The plot point was the seal and the reason why Yubaba and her sister were fighting.

You see, The "Golden seal" was actually a "Hanko" or name stamp. Whenever you want to sign an offical document in Japan, you would use your name stamp at the bottom of the page. It's relly inconvenant without it because you can't even sign for  a package delevery, pay a bill, or use your credit card.

Well, Yubaba stole *NAMES* in order to control them, and what Yubaba did was steal her sister's name stamp. Not for any vile reason, just because of simple sibiling rivelry. It was "Ha Ha! Look what I got!" kind of childish prank. There was nothing magical, but Chihiro though it would be proper to return Yubaba's sister's "name" back to her.

Make sense?

Zack

• View Profile
advent children release date
« Reply #296 on: 2005-02-10 16:27:11 »
According to 1UP.com the release date of advent children is gonna be the 14th of March (to coincide with psp US release). But as always Square-Enix haven't confirmed this so we'll just have to wait and see.

vegeta2005

« Reply #297 on: 2005-03-03 16:24:05 »
I agree that would be sweet! 8)

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #298 on: 2005-03-11 22:21:21 »
14th of March its going to be in Japan? I'm wondering if its going to hit US theatres.. After the flop of spirits within I would hope it hits theatres, but who knows..

I also apologize in advance if any of this was covered earlier.. LoL I just skimmed this page..

It will probably be fansubbed ripped and encoded within 24 hours of its release ANYWHERE in the world.. LoL Naruto is subbed currently hours after its airing in Japan.. Yeah, it's licensed, but hardcore followers are still subbing it.. And when it actually airs on TV here they will probably cut it up and totally butcher it..

I'm really looking forward to FF7:AC as I'm sure everyone on this message board is..

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #299 on: 2005-03-12 00:17:51 »
14th of March its going to be in Japan? I'm wondering if its going to hit US theatres.. After the flop of spirits within I would hope it hits theatres, but who knows..

AFAIK, FF7:AC has been planned as a direct-to-DVD release from the beginning.  No theaters.