Author Topic: FFX Seymour strategy?  (Read 13375 times)

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« on: 2004-12-08 12:07:44 »
Hey ppl.

Playing FFX now, but i can't get past Seymour the second time you encounter him. (in the mountains)
He keeps slaying my characters again and again.
Does anyone have a good strategy for this?

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #1 on: 2004-12-08 13:37:20 »
Everybody on full limit breaks, and all Aeons on overdrive.
When Yuna's turn - summon Aeon, overdrive. When not Yuna's, either Curaga/Hastega etc. or LB. It's quite a typical way for beating him, but oh well, it works for many other bosses as well. You might also want to consider changing characters when somebody got Zombie'd with Lance of Anthropy and you have a move in between. That way Life will not affect you. If he's preparing for Cross Slash (casts Dispel beforehand) can a good shot of Protects and get the best HP characters out there. I doubt you have Holy Water's, but they help a bit. I keep forgeting to buy them from the Ronso Tribe.

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #2 on: 2004-12-08 14:00:44 »
Well, my spell progression is minimal. Like in: just haste, cura and all 1st or 2nd level magic. Seymour simply kills my characters in lightspeed...
And the damage my characters do is also not too great. Doesn't the bastard have any weaknesses?

Ged

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #3 on: 2004-12-08 15:57:36 »
Nope. The bloody bastard is in my opinion the hardest boss in the game... Later the Keepers can pose a problem, but not such a big one. Definaetly, only Aeons can help you out. Why? Because after his HP go down, he'll start casting a spell that means goodbye no matter what. So pump the overdrive bars, and that's it.

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #4 on: 2004-12-08 16:53:37 »
But he casts the banish spell on them, so what use do they have?

Ged

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #5 on: 2004-12-08 17:30:19 »
If they are on overdrive, the moment you summon them you use it. It causes massive damage, and that's exactly what we want. Afterwards they will get banished. Aeons will get rid of more then half of his HP. The rest is up to LB's and heavy hitting.

bomer

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #6 on: 2004-12-11 20:45:41 »
Quote from: NeoS
But he casts the banish spell on them, so what use do they have?
I got caught here too. No Offence but sound like your guys just need a bit of training... Just take an hour or so to train and he'll be a piece of cake :)

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #7 on: 2004-12-12 13:23:43 »
Yeah, i almost got the bastard today. Then, Total Annihilation... I thought WTF!?
He had 2000 HP left and killed me off after a battle of 45 minutes...

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #8 on: 2004-12-13 18:33:09 »
alright! got em! Now i just gotta level up some more. My sphere level sucks. You guys can recommend some spheres to go for?

Ged

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #9 on: 2004-12-13 20:10:00 »
Tell the truth. If you beat Seymour Flux, then you won't have bigger problems later on.. If you're playing normal US, and have the basic S-grid, just follow the guidlines. Most recommended.

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #10 on: 2004-12-14 08:51:29 »
heh, forgot to mention. I got the international version. (EU)
And the best damage my characters can do with physical attacks is +/- 2000. Enemies have at least 10000 HP. Strength varies from 39 to 49 on my characters.
Maybe my choice of weapons is bad? I just can't imagine it is supposed to be this difficult in this stage of the game...

Ged

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #11 on: 2004-12-14 14:46:26 »
I also got the Intl. version. Nope, the boss is sure there, and he is friggin hard. He was just one piece of a bastard.. Maybe they wanted us to level up on the mountain? Although I hated the location for the amount of savepoint..

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #12 on: 2004-12-14 17:23:08 »
Yeah, that sux. One thing is for sure,  i noticed you'll definitely need strong armor later on. So i hope i'll pass a small town sooner or later so i can buy some stuff. (running outta phoenix downs)

Ged

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #13 on: 2004-12-14 20:09:59 »
Better go back to the Ronso's or Oaka's bro...

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #14 on: 2004-12-15 10:34:09 »
Here's how I did it yesterday:
Go back to Oaka's brother and buy buy that "potion" that cures zombie (I don't know how this item is named in english - in german it's "Weihwasser")
Then, let Rikku add Zombie-Protection to your armors.
And of course, have all limit breaks full.
Then goto Seymour, and start shooting at him with all your limits - except Yuna.
Wakka is able to do an attack that makes Seymour "mute" (once again - I don't know how it's named in english). If you attack him with that attack - he won't be able to cast anything - this can help you sometimes...
Then, when you finally got him to ~10000 HP, you take Yuna, and then you make her summon Bahamut in Limit Mode. This should cost seymour over 10K HP...

I needed 6 or 7 tries until In was able to beat him.
If you are still not able to beat him - then you need to train. The area in the mountains, directly before the battle with Seymour is perfect to "tune" your characters a bit...

Good Luck!

- Alhexx

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #15 on: 2004-12-15 10:46:31 »
I already beat Seymour. But i just can't believe the difficulty at this point of the game in comparison with other Final Fantasies. I guess i missed something important, or i rushed the game too much.
And "Weihwasser" is "Holy water" (it's familiar to me cause in Dutch it's translated "wijwater"), your "mute" is "Silence".

Maybe there should be a FFX FAQ topic?

Ged

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #16 on: 2004-12-15 10:54:06 »
Nope.. It's not that you rushed or something..
His just unbelievably hard. I also had problems with him, even though I didn't speed the game or something. He's just freaky-hard - really, later on only two bosses might pose a problem. But be sure to stock on Holy Waters still, you're desperately going to need them!

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #17 on: 2004-12-15 11:11:16 »
Ah, yeah - Holy Water and Silence ... I knew I have read them before - but I just forgot them...

- Alhexx

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #18 on: 2004-12-16 16:27:14 »
Yeah right, seymour is the most difficult boss...

The sanctuary keeper is a pushover... pff. NOT!

I'm starting to dislike this game. In fact, i AM disliking this game very well indeed!

theta11

FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #19 on: 2004-12-18 03:48:40 »
If you are having trouble with any bosses in this game it usually means you have to train a littlel more. I found I got alot of sphere levels capturing monsters. I bought capture weapons for everyone and captured 10 of every monster in Calm Lands and Yojimbo's cave and you'll find that you won't have to do alot of training for a while. :)

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #20 on: 2004-12-19 23:17:03 »
How the hell do you capture monsters? :o

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #21 on: 2004-12-21 11:08:52 »
Get yourself the sword, wtih which you can capture monsters, when you kill them, you capture them. You need 10 monsters of each kind for the battle arena, and then Penance(don't know if i spelled it right) will appear (forgot where, sorry), hardest monster in the game, 10 million HP and so on, pretty cool.

Where to get the sword?If you don't know it before tonight (meaning someone else posted it, which they prolly will do, I might be on tonight, and I'll tell you then. Gotta ask a friend for ya.

Greetz,

EW.

Almighty_gir

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #22 on: 2004-12-21 13:45:54 »
just think urself lucky your not trying any of the optional bosses...

although in fairness, both omega and ultima were extremely easy on this game compared even with how easy ultima was on FF8. however fighting bosses like shinryu, ultima buster, nemesis, and (ZOMG!!!!) Penance, were tough >_>

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #23 on: 2004-12-21 18:55:15 »
You can get the sword off the guy in the Battle Arena, which can be in found in a huge valley, name slipped my mind again. He'll ask you if you want it and then you get it, or so my friend said, simple, ay?

Greetz,

EW.

NeoS

• View Profile
FFX Seymour strategy?
« Reply #24 on: 2004-12-21 21:53:48 »
ok, i'll keep it in mind.