Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837044 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5350 on: 2017-05-20 14:11:44 »
Okay, bud; no worries.

Mmbutoo

• View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: 2017-05-20 23:48:42 »
I want to say that I'm having a very, very fun time. Thanks for your hard work in creating this Mod, it is by far the most professional and seamless integrated one I've played for FFVII. Do you have a ballpark figure on 1.5? I'm not badgering for a release date, just whether it's next month or longer than that. I'd like to start again on 1.5 from reading on the many changes.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: 2017-05-21 01:13:38 »
I want to say that I'm having a very, very fun time. Thanks for your hard work in creating this Mod, it is by far the most professional and seamless integrated one I've played for FFVII. Do you have a ballpark figure on 1.5? I'm not badgering for a release date, just whether it's next month or longer than that. I'd like to start again on 1.5 from reading on the many changes.

I've just finished Emerald and Ruby Weapon (still speccing Ruby but the AI for him is done and eliminated the bugs from the fight). My next goal is the KOTR cave boss; I'm going to be speccing him below Ruby and Emerald. After that, it's the last 3 story bosses down in the Crater. Arrange Mode has been developed in tandem so when the last of it is done, that'll be done too.

Time-wise I can't commit to a date; there was a lot more to do than I realised when I started pushing toward 1.5 and I had my end of year assessments/exam to get done on my course. The end of this mod has always been very weak; slow fights, too easy/too hard, disappointing ruby/emerald, difficulty spike with Disc 3, ending FMV not shown, etc. I've been spending a lot of time trying to get it all just right; I've completely re-done every Disc 3 boss, as a lot of them were just hold-overs from the original early builds.

redmon89

• View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: 2017-05-22 00:15:56 »
Really enjoying your mod so far man. I just wanted to post some bugs before I forget.
1. We got the same weapon at the beginning and the end of the ancient forest.

2. In the return to Shinra HQ in the two boxes in the store when you pick them up they both say they are one item when in reality they are another.

3. gil toss does not target the enemy it targets the players.

4. Trash characters are displayed in lieu of graphics during the end of the quake 3 animation.

If any of these are intended I apologize.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-22 00:23:43 by redmon89 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: 2017-05-23 13:04:49 »
Really enjoying your mod so far man. I just wanted to post some bugs before I forget.
1. We got the same weapon at the beginning and the end of the ancient forest.

2. In the return to Shinra HQ in the two boxes in the store when you pick them up they both say they are one item when in reality they are another.

3. gil toss does not target the enemy it targets the players.

4. Trash characters are displayed in lieu of graphics during the end of the quake 3 animation.

If any of these are intended I apologize.

I've taken care of these for 1.5, but the Quake3 animation glitch is a problem with transparency in the game in general that I don't know how to fix.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5355 on: 2017-05-23 14:36:39 »
I've taken care of these for 1.5, but the Quake3 animation glitch is a problem with transparency in the game in general that I don't know how to fix.

That was one of those glitches that I forgot to report a long time ago and I was wondering about that. I don't remember it being in Vanilla FF7? Is that glitch something exclusive to New Threat or was it in Vanilla FF7 as well?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: 2017-05-23 15:23:37 »
It's the PC game itself, maybe the graphics driver; there's some kind of issue related to transparency effects. Most attacks that use effects like that can actually glitch out as well, but Quake3 is the most noticeable one because it loads menu textures. Hyper Jump is probably the most serious one as it crashes the game.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: 2017-05-23 16:22:50 »
It's the PC game itself, maybe the graphics driver; there's some kind of issue related to transparency effects. Most attacks that use effects like that can actually glitch out as well, but Quake3 is the most noticeable one because it loads menu textures. Hyper Jump is probably the most serious one as it crashes the game.

Huh, interesting. Didn't know that.

Anyways, watching these guys stream the mod and they just ran into a freeze at Mimic and Flares. They beat them, then went back and it froze. They say they are playing the most recent version. Cid was their party leader. And it said the Planet Materia dropped and they did not recieve it. Is it supposed to drop there now? And if so, something prevented it from doing so.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: 2017-05-23 16:32:21 »
I dont see quake 3 having any graphical glitch in 1998 version.

# max size of the texture cache to hold in RAM, in megabytes
# don't set it any higher than 1GB unless you want your game to crash
texture_cache_size = 1024

set that in config if using aali's driver

See if it helps

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: 2017-05-23 18:46:38 »
Huh, interesting. Didn't know that.

Anyways, watching these guys stream the mod and they just ran into a freeze at Mimic and Flares. They beat them, then went back and it froze. They say they are playing the most recent version. Cid was their party leader. And it said the Planet Materia dropped and they did not recieve it. Is it supposed to drop there now? And if so, something prevented it from doing so.

I'd better check the scripts there then. Maybe it's trying to trigger again. As for Planet Materia, that was a mistake on my part; I was supposed to move it there but forgot the actual event line that adds it to inventory. They can still get it from Gold Match in Gold Saucer's Battle Square but it's a tough fight.

I dont see quake 3 having any graphical glitch in 1998 version.

# max size of the texture cache to hold in RAM, in megabytes
# don't set it any higher than 1GB unless you want your game to crash
texture_cache_size = 1024

set that in config if using aali's driver

See if it helps

I'll give it a try, but a lot of users are on the Steam version.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: 2017-05-23 20:07:37 »
I'd better check the scripts there then. Maybe it's trying to trigger again. As for Planet Materia, that was a mistake on my part; I was supposed to move it there but forgot the actual event line that adds it to inventory. They can still get it from Gold Match in Gold Saucer's Battle Square but it's a tough fight.

Cool beans. You know, watching those guys play the mod, it looks like it's changed a good amount since I finished up with the mod close a year or so ago now. Pretty crazy... Anyways, continued success and I'm really excited to play 1.5 Arranged. Can't wait!

Saijenode

• 'Tis better to be vile than vile esteemed,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: 2017-05-23 21:41:22 »
Does Anyone have a list of mods compatible with The New Threat ?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: 2017-05-24 02:40:13 »
Does Anyone have a list of mods compatible with The New Threat ?

Here's the list of mods that I use while playing: (and the order they should be in on 7th Heaven)

Team Avalanche Fields
Battle Models - Weapons
Field Models - Objects
Animations
Battle Textures
Field Textures - satsuki
Gameplay - Difficulty and Story |The current version of this mod doesn't seem to have the latest New Threat as while playing through I noticed it didn't have the ability to reset Tifa's Lvl 4 Limit Break
                                                  Quest like the latest Iro for New Threat. I think you'd put the New Threat Iro here as well, but it also prevents other mods from working so I might be wrong. Either
                                                  deal with the older New Threat, figure out where the New Threat Iro goes, or wait till it updates. Though EQ2Alyza would know better than me since I've had to get
                                                  help over 7th heaven not working cause of super simple problems and my own ineptitude.
Gameplay - Tweaks and Cheats
Media - Movies
Media - Music and Sound
Menu - Avatars and Backdrops
Minigames Collection
Spell Textures
The Reunion - Beacause and Menu Overhaul (don't use Beacaus, I don't think it's compatible and will over write some stuff)
World Models - Characters
World Models - Enemies
World Models - Vehicles
World Textures

If any of the other info is wrong lemme know and I'll fix it, but this is what I play with, and I think thats all the mods on the Catalog that are compatible. There might be a few I missed, but I'm pretty sure these are all of them. Stuff like Field Textures are interchangeable while others like Dynamic Cloud Weapons won't work cause Cloud has a custom model from New Threat and that interferes with the needed model in Dynamic Cloud WeaponsI actually remember why I don't use the mods that change character field models. It's because the custom models that are default in the mod don't get changed by stuff like PRP so they still have the Chibi look. Running around and seeing polygonal chibi's while you look like a semi normal person really pulls you out of the immersion.
Spoiler: show

It just looks wrong.

Course I haven't tested this out in a while. So I might be wrong, but this list of mods is a good starting point me thinks. Again, if any of this is wrong and I'm completely ruining everything lemme know and I'll fix it.

Edit: Actually going through this list I've noticed some of the mods that I had on weren't actually doing anything so I removed them.

Edit 2: Also out of curiosity to Sega Chief, is there, or will there be a plan for anything to happen once you are fully upgraded? Cause the way Mr. Smiley is done kind of makes me feel like he wants you to get stronger so he can take you on at full strength.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-24 03:56:24 by strife98 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: 2017-05-24 03:46:48 »
I'll add something.

Dyrak

• View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: 2017-05-25 07:23:50 »
Hi Chief!

I'm about to install NT v1.4. I played and finished v1.35 like a year and half ago and I remember that I had installed a mod that increase (double?) stat changes from materias. I can't remember the name or where I can find this mod. Any clue?

Another question that you probably have answered a dozen times already: is the "normal" difficulty in 1.4 the original difficulty of the game or more like the arrange difficulty in 1.35?
« Last Edit: 2017-05-25 07:29:42 by Dyrak »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: 2017-05-25 11:50:30 »
Avoid using menu overhaul with nt in 7h and should be fine. As for settings normal is normal and arrange is arrange.

MoCheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: 2017-05-25 18:19:58 »
Since it's been so long since I've played, and I'm not certain if you've fixed this stuff already or not, I'll just post it regardless.

Watching those guys again, and the Amalgam fight was a little off. Vincent was always looking in the wrong direction unless attacking, and the dialogue at the start had Cid's name on it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: 2017-05-25 19:23:59 »
Yeah, I've sorted that out in the 1.5 files.

Dyrak

• View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: 2017-05-25 20:58:24 »
Maybe I have missed something but... is the Arranged difficulty available in 1.4 ? When I start a new game, only original difficulty is available.

EDIT: never mind, I just read a few pages before that it will be back in 1.5. I'm still going to play 1.4 and see what the differences are :-)
« Last Edit: 2017-05-25 21:15:22 by Dyrak »

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: 2017-05-26 07:58:26 »
So I just tried to fight Zangan in the Nibel Reactor for Tifa's Level Four Limit quest, but the game is acting as though the encounter already happened. When I go up to him to talk, he says "Just be careful. Until we meet again!" and nothing else. This is the first time in this playthrough that I have attempted to do this quest, so it's definitely odd that it won't trigger.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5370 on: 2017-05-26 11:40:20 »
Yeah, it's bugged; I ran into the same problem. I sorted out the variable logic in it, but I've not done the same in the 1.4 file.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: 2017-05-26 13:23:30 »
Did putting cache to 1024 fix the issue with 1998 Aali's driver?

redmon89

• View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: 2017-05-26 17:28:54 »
Hey Sega, we're the guys MoCheese is watching! Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for making FF7 feel new again! It's been great.

Right now we're in the Dark Cave sidequest, I ended up having to tweak one of my characters health to start with All Lucky 7's to fight the X-ATM Scorpion in the Reactor, as whenever he lowered his tail after raising it, the game would soft lock, it seems like the animation played but the game didn't realize that it was time to move on or something like that.

Another very less disastrous bug, while both Cloud and Cid can properly play the Basketball game in Wonder Square, Tifa ends up standing in T-Pose while shooting! It's funny but also makes it a bit more difficult.

Last thing: Is there a list of known bugs for 1.4?

Love the mod so far and I've heard your sights are set on ff8, so excited to try that out! Keep up the great work!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: 2017-05-26 22:26:09 »
Did putting cache to 1024 fix the issue with 1998 Aali's driver?

I've got it set up, I'll test it now before I forget.

Hey Sega, we're the guys MoCheese is watching! Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for making FF7 feel new again! It's been great.

Right now we're in the Dark Cave sidequest, I ended up having to tweak one of my characters health to start with All Lucky 7's to fight the X-ATM Scorpion in the Reactor, as whenever he lowered his tail after raising it, the game would soft lock, it seems like the animation played but the game didn't realize that it was time to move on or something like that.

Another very less disastrous bug, while both Cloud and Cid can properly play the Basketball game in Wonder Square, Tifa ends up standing in T-Pose while shooting! It's funny but also makes it a bit more difficult.

Last thing: Is there a list of known bugs for 1.4?

Love the mod so far and I've heard your sights are set on ff8, so excited to try that out! Keep up the great work!

Ah, hello! Sorry about the scorp glitch in there, it's been hanging around for a while now. Try the scene hotfix patch (unless it's the 7H version you're playing) and it might fix up some of the problems but dark cave in general is a bugfest. The Wonder Square stuff can be a bit patchy as well like the arm-wrestling and the basketball because I don't have specific animations for some of it but it should all function.

Edit:
Upping the cache to 1024 seems to fix Quake3, but the effect vanishes abruptly before it can 'crumble' like normal.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-26 22:39:11 by Sega Chief »

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: 2017-05-27 09:20:49 »
So I started a new game with the latest 1.4 IRO, and there's a minor bug? I guess? You start off with 54/57 mp.

Edit: Also, can I just say, the scene after Cloud explains Materia to Barret is the single greatest thing I have ever seen. I absolutely loved it.
« Last Edit: 2017-05-27 10:26:16 by strife98 »