Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4908066 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0)
« Reply #9825 on: 2020-07-27 23:10:39 »
Links on front page are updated; installer only atm, for that .exe issue.

looks like the crash is caused by enhanced stock ui mod.   the enhanced stock in it specifically the main menu option must be turned off   it seems to crash on me when its on.  unfortunately this means the ff7 remake theme ui mod cannot be run either since it requires the enhanced stock to turn on :(  silver lining is all the other options within that particular enhanced stock ui mod seem to work fine so... yay?   hopefullyh thats got all the completely irrelevent crashes resolved.  now to just make this doodie controller work.  anyone have anyh iders on that btw <-<?  any third party or second partyh or first party o.o mods that can make this ps4 controller do well anything?  i have it plugged in and getting light, just no response from the game x.x

Silver lining. xbox one controller seems to work fine.  Ah well I can deal I guess. Okay. I think kinks unrelated to new threat are actually worked out for the most part.  Now time for real test drive :D. We only play on hard here xD

I'll test out the 2.0 IRO with the enhanced stock UI just now, I assumed it would be fine as structurally it's the same as the 1.5 IRO but will double-check.

jekasama

• View Profile
« Reply #9826 on: 2020-07-27 23:47:17 »
Given that there are many balance changes from 1.5 to 2.0, I might as well restart the game, I guess. Just tried to use 2.0 using 1.5 files, I seem to missed some of the initial items and because I just began walking to Junon, I already have my upgrades from that Mr Smile in Mythril Cave.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9827 on: 2020-07-28 00:09:21 »
Given that there are many balance changes from 1.5 to 2.0, I might as well restart the game, I guess. Just tried to use 2.0 using 1.5 files, I seem to missed some of the initial items and because I just began walking to Junon, I already have my upgrades from that Mr Smile in Mythril Cave.

Yeah, the save files from 1.5 to 2.0 can't be used; too much stuff gets messed up. 1.5 is still a valid mod to play through though I think, it has different boss fights to 2.0 and some content that was removed from 2.0 as well.

Edit: Installer link updated, .exe offsets corrected.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 01:06:58 by Sega Chief »

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: 2020-07-28 02:30:50 »
The Aps fight seems to produce consistent crashes right when he first casts Sewer Tsunami. The textbox appears, but as soon as the animation should start the game crashes.
FFNx.log: https://pastebin.com/bbMyeN50
Savefile in the sewers right before the fight for testing: https://mega.nz/file/bVonUCzA#A0TgRqaLlBpT2aPeZ6zYCG18QUVavUqkJsJro6lFooY
Using the IRO version from twitter and 7th heaven 2.2.1.486

Really happy about the changes and excited for a mode B playthrough
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 02:47:28 by hg8000 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9829 on: 2020-07-28 03:00:30 »
The Aps fight seems to produce consistent crashes right when he first casts Sewer Tsunami. The textbox appears, but as soon as the animation should start the game crashes.
FFNx.log: https://pastebin.com/bbMyeN50
Savefile in the sewers right before the fight for testing: https://mega.nz/file/bVonUCzA#A0TgRqaLlBpT2aPeZ6zYCG18QUVavUqkJsJro6lFooY
Using the IRO version from twitter and 7th heaven 2.2.1.486

Really happy about the changes and excited for a mode B playthrough

I got it too; not sure how or when this sprung up, but I'll fix it.

Edit: Seems something in the hext is responsible, going to narrow it down. Must have been something was added in the last couple of days.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 03:10:51 by Sega Chief »

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: 2020-07-28 03:44:20 »
Is there a chance that future bug fixes to 2.0 will invalidate save files? I haven't started a game yet and I'm wondering if I should wait.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9831 on: 2020-07-28 03:59:29 »
Is there a chance that future bug fixes to 2.0 will invalidate save files? I haven't started a game yet and I'm wondering if I should wait.

No, it's not like ROMs and stuff; any bug fixes, content updates, etc. don't affect save files.

Also, I narrowed down the Aps problem; going to upload a fix soon.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: 2020-07-28 04:08:28 »
when heading out for the 2nd bombing mission, if you speak to the red guard by train he continues to repeat "All aboard!  The train is about to depart" constantly, won't let you get away, everytime you hit x it just repeats the message in a hard lock.  gotta reset game

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #9833 on: 2020-07-28 04:12:04 »
I just skimmed over some of the 2.0 documents and I'm really liking some of the innate changes. Does Cloud's new innate work with Cover? And were there any changes to Vincent's Limit Break?

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: 2020-07-28 04:14:55 »
I second that, would be nice if his limit break was only 50% useless instead of 80% useless :D

also isn't there supposed to be a special battle at the end of the wrong end of the tunnel with a special chocoboss that rides out from the guards?   It showed it riding out but i only faced some guards that downed easily.   side note it did give me the choco bracelet as a reward though...
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 04:44:45 by Kurne »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9835 on: 2020-07-28 05:10:14 »
I updated the links:

v2.0.1 - 28/07/2020
*) Corrected Battle ID for Security Captain
*) Fixed a hext offset that caused Aps to crash on use of Sewer Tsunami (likely other problems)
*) Fixed 'Matera Menu' typo
*) Fixed missing word in Reno line
*) Removed name of Cloud's innate for consistency with other unnamed innates
*) Removed a label loop error on Train Guard in Sector 7

Known Issues (will be addressed in next patch)
*) Yin/Yang in Shinra Mansion basement can softlock

Going to add 2.0 IRO to the catalog now for auto-updating.

I just skimmed over some of the 2.0 documents and I'm really liking some of the innate changes. Does Cloud's new innate work with Cover? And were there any changes to Vincent's Limit Break?

It should proc from Cover, it behaves like other counter Materia. Vincent's Limits had an adjustment so that they alternate between the physical and the magical attack, with some base power adjustments.

I second that, would be nice if his limit break was only 50% useless instead of 80% useless :D

also isn't there supposed to be a special battle at the end of the wrong end of the tunnel with a special chocoboss that rides out from the guards?   It showed it riding out but i only faced some guards that downed easily.   side note it did give me the choco bracelet as a reward though...

I updated the model, it was referencing wrong one. Also fixed that loop thing you found.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 05:32:30 by Sega Chief »

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: 2020-07-28 05:34:46 »

It should proc from Cover, it behaves like other counter Materia. Vincent's Limits had an adjustment so that they alternate between the physical and the magical attack, with some base power adjustments.
Sweet.

I'm also happy to see that Cloud has a well rounded option again. Is there a list that shows every character's rank-up options?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: 2020-07-28 05:39:20 »
Should be in the documentations download, on the front page; the document 'balancing' has a list of them. In-game, Beginner's Hall in Sector 7 and Junon also lists them. I'll post them here too:

Spoiler: show

Cloud: Set up by using the Defend command, then continue fighting as normal. The next time Cloud is hit by physical damage he will counter it with either a single physical attack, a Deathblow, 2x-Cut, or 4x-Cut. This works in addition to any other counter materia.

Barret: When hit by a physical attack, if in the front row he gains Strength (up to +40). If in the back row, he regains 1/16 of his HP.

Tifa: Once per battle, she will survive a KO with 1 HP (or ignore a insta-KO attack) and retains any queued actions, buffs, Limit Gauge, etc. However she also retains negative statuses so Poison or Dual-Drain will undermine this innate.

Aeris: Activate by Defending, Aeris will absorb most elemental damage and HP while she defends.

Red XIII: Over time will gain strength and magic up to a max of +35 for both; is useful in longer battles.

Yuffie: If attacked physically while in the front row, she will counter with Mug. One enemy in the battle will have their given Gil doubled (or set to give a small amount if Hard Mode is enabled where Gil gain is 0).

Cait Sith: Regains MP slowly over time; when Defending, the entire party will regain MP at a faster rate.

Vincent: Starts battle with Wall; will intermittently recover HP equal to his current MP.

Cid: After some time has passed in battle, a message saying 'Cid Mix is Ready'. Using the Defend command activates Mix with the cascading series of effects:
If Cid's HP is below 50%, he will use H-Potion and recover 25% of the party's HP.
If Cid's MP is below 50%, he will use I-Ether and recover 25% of the party's MP.
If Cid does not have Barrier or MBarrier he will use G-Curtain and gain Wall.
If none of the above conditions are met, he will use H-Mine which is a physical attack with 24 base power (standard physical base is 16).

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: 2020-07-28 06:01:09 »
Should be in the documentations download, on the front page; the document 'balancing' has a list of them. In-game, Beginner's Hall in Sector 7 and Junon also lists them. I'll post them here too:

Cloud: Set up by using the Defend command, then continue fighting as normal. The next time Cloud is hit by physical damage he will counter it with either a single physical attack, a Deathblow, 2x-Cut, or 4x-Cut. This works in addition to any other counter materia.

Barret: When hit by a physical attack, if in the front row he gains Strength (up to +40). If in the back row, he regains 1/16 of his HP.

Tifa: Once per battle, she will survive a KO with 1 HP (or ignore a insta-KO attack) and retains any queued actions, buffs, Limit Gauge, etc. However she also retains negative statuses so Poison or Dual-Drain will undermine this innate.

Aeris: Activate by Defending, Aeris will absorb most elemental damage and HP while she defends.

Red XIII: Over time will gain strength and magic up to a max of +35 for both; is useful in longer battles.

Yuffie: If attacked physically while in the front row, she will counter with Mug. One enemy in the battle will have their given Gil doubled (or set to give a small amount if Hard Mode is enabled where Gil gain is 0).

Cait Sith: Regains MP slowly over time; when Defending, the entire party will regain MP at a faster rate.

Vincent: Starts battle with Wall; will intermittently recover HP equal to his current MP.

Cid: After some time has passed in battle, a message saying 'Cid Mix is Ready'. Using the Defend command activates Mix with the cascading series of effects:
If Cid's HP is below 50%, he will use H-Potion and recover 25% of the party's HP.
If Cid's MP is below 50%, he will use I-Ether and recover 25% of the party's MP.
If Cid does not have Barrier or MBarrier he will use G-Curtain and gain Wall.
If none of the above conditions are met, he will use H-Mine which is a physical attack with 24 base power (standard physical base is 16).

Oh sorry, I meant a list for the level up options. In the balancing doc, I see the options for Cloud:
[{CLOUD}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Ex-SOLDIER: Str+15{, }Mag+7{, }Vit/Dex+8
{CHOICE}Mercenary: Str/Vit/Lck+15
{CHOICE}Makonoid: Mag/Spr/Dex+15
{CHOICE}Duellist: Str/Mag/Dex/Lck+10
{CHOICE}COMMANDO: Str/Vit/Spr+12{, }Mag+6
{CHOICE}{PURPLE}[Check Character Stats]{WHITE}

Is there also a upgrade list for everyone else? 

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: 2020-07-28 06:12:40 »
There seems to be a slight error with the 2.0 link for 7th heaven. Filename in the pastebin does not match the name in the Mega folder, leading to error messages when downloading via catalogue

dumbstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #9840 on: 2020-07-28 07:35:09 »
I read further back that the game controller addon from 7th heaven wont work with new threat mod because of the extra scenes or something.  I can get my ps4 pad working through ds4windows but the controls reset everytime i close and relaunch the game,.  Is this normal and is there a way around this? im only using nt mod so sorry if this issue isnt directly related to this mod
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 07:56:49 by dumbstrom »

subvite

• View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: 2020-07-28 08:12:48 »
Where can I read the changes and new things included in 2.0?  in the op it says nothing.

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: 2020-07-28 08:55:16 »
@Saga Chief Can I ask you something mate: would it be possible to provide a more detailed description for the vanilla combat version? Like what do you mean that "field scripts" are still used? How many of the original NT changes are retained? I would really appreciate the information.

hg8000

• View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: 2020-07-28 09:53:22 »
The Steal command seems to not inherit the long range flag if the character using it has a long range weapon equipped. Might be intended behavior, but i could've sworn it worked on NT 1.5
Save for testing: https://mega.nz/file/Td5zSBpD#a0AhkzzxkOBQ8N3oSAtfB1iLK9Ytjwdb7xCsAWwvNOI
(Steal via Barret on Boss)

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: 2020-07-28 13:46:30 »
I've had my first battle glitch. I'm against the Chocobo Captain, and one of his moves didn't work correctly, now the battle's more or less frozen as the camera is stuck waiting for a move to happen.

Update: I've tried it with all mods turned off, just to make sure it wasn't one of them, but still stops mid-battle.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-28 14:12:57 by EternalLykaios »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9845 on: 2020-07-28 14:07:46 »
Oh sorry, I meant a list for the level up options. In the balancing doc, I see the options for Cloud:
[{CLOUD}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:

Is there also a upgrade list for everyone else? 

I'll add these to the docs when I upload the latest files today:

[{CLOUD}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:

[{BARRET}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Gunner: Str+18{, }Vit/Spr+12
{CHOICE}Vigilante: Str/Dex/Lck+15
{CHOICE}Heavy Metal: Str/Mag+7{, }Vit+18{, }Spr+14
{CHOICE}Techno-Freak: Mag+15{, }Spr+10{, }Dex+20
{CHOICE}Bomberman: Str+13{, }Spr/Lck+17

[{TIFA}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Martial Artist: Str/Spr/Dex+15
{CHOICE}Pugilist: Str+18{, }Vit+15{, }Spr+9
{CHOICE}Brawler: Str+13{, }Vit/Lck+17
{CHOICE}Sage: Mag+17{, }Spr+10{, }Dex+16
{CHOICE}Monk: Str/Mag+10{, }Vit/Spr+5{, }Dex+10

[{AERIS}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Flowergirl: Str+8{, }Mag+14{, }Spr/Dex+12
{CHOICE}White Mage: Mag+18{, }Spr/Lck+12
{CHOICE}Geomancer: Mag/Vit/Spr+15
{CHOICE}Oracle: Str+15{, }Mag/Vit+7{, }Dex+9
{CHOICE}Slum Drunk: Str+20{, }Vit/Lck+10

[{RED XIII}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Cosmo Brave: Str/Dex+15{, }Mag/Spr+5
{CHOICE}Red Mage: Str/Mag/Dex/Lck+10
{CHOICE}Sample #13: Vit/Mag+17{, }Dex+9
{CHOICE}Cosmo Shaman: Mag/Spr/Dex+10{, }Lck+20
{CHOICE}Guard Hound: Str+14{, }Vit/Spr+16

[{YUFFIE}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Materia Hunter: Str/Mag/Dex/Lck+10
{CHOICE}Wutai Ninja: Str+8{, }Mag+12{, }Dex+20
{CHOICE}Gil Bandit: Str+16{, }Vit/Lck+14
{CHOICE}Flashy Thief: Mag/Spr/Dex+15
{CHOICE}Bratty Punk: Str+10{, }Vit/Spr+12{, }Lck+16

[{CAIT SITH}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Fortune-Teller: Str+14{, }Mag+10{, }Lck+12
{CHOICE}Yeti Pal: Str+19{, }Vit/Lck+11
{CHOICE}Materia Tank: Mag+16{, }Vit/Spr+14
{CHOICE}Top Cat: Mag/Spr+12{, }Dex+16{, }Lck+8
{CHOICE}Tabby Tank: Str/Mag+6{, }Vit/Spr+18

[{VINCENT}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Horror Agent: Str/Mag/Vit/Spr+8{, }Dex+12
{CHOICE}Beastmaster: Mag+15{, }Spr+10{, }Lck+20
{CHOICE}Berserker: Str+17{, }Vit/Spr+13
{CHOICE}Former Turk: Str/Mag/Dex/Lck+10
{CHOICE}Quickdraw: Str+15{, }Spr+10{, }Dex+20

[{CID}] - Rank Up
Choose Upgrade:
{CHOICE}Shinra Ace: Str+14{, }Vit/Lck+16
{CHOICE}Engineer: Str/Vit/Spr+15
{CHOICE}Wingman: Mag/Dex+16{, }Spr/Lck+6
{CHOICE}Airman Dragoon: Str/Mag/Vit/Dex+10
{CHOICE}Top Gun: Str/Mag+12{, }Dex/Lck+6

There seems to be a slight error with the 2.0 link for 7th heaven. Filename in the pastebin does not match the name in the Mega folder, leading to error messages when downloading via catalogue

Yeah I was trying to get it to work last night but it was getting late. I'll double-check the filename.

I read further back that the game controller addon from 7th heaven wont work with new threat mod because of the extra scenes or something.  I can get my ps4 pad working through ds4windows but the controls reset everytime i close and relaunch the game,.  Is this normal and is there a way around this? im only using nt mod so sorry if this issue isnt directly related to this mod

The game controller addon overwrites the flevel's text+script section in order to add the icons to the text fields. It shouldn't be needed for NT because it has its own controller icons and can be used with Enhanced Stock UI-rel2 as Chrysalis added compatibility support with NT for it (the stand-alone IRO in the catalog, not the one found under Qhimm UI or whatever it is). The controller addon doesn't enable controllers, it just writes button icons to the game's text fields and isn't needed for NT.

As for your controls resetting, that's because 7h applies the controller/keybind settings it has onto the game's .ini each time it launches. To modify this, open the 7h launcher and go to Settings > Controls. Set your buttons, give the profile a name, and then save it. This should then be loaded up to the game's .ini whenever you launch the game through 7h from now on.

Where can I read the changes and new things included in 2.0?  in the op it says nothing.

There should be a link to documentation on that first post: https://mega.nz/file/W5t0ySrL#Hqjc16az0nNsc2MezvpUAiuiqqGjFWzZkvLRces9iGc

@Saga Chief Can I ask you something mate: would it be possible to provide a more detailed description for the vanilla combat version? Like what do you mean that "field scripts" are still used? How many of the original NT changes are retained? I would really appreciate the information.

I'll do a MOT of the 1.5 + vanilla combat variant once I've got 2.0 settled.

When I say Field Scripts I mean events like the option to skip a flashback, a new scene playing, that sort of thing. While a lot of these events are intact, some of the new events had to be disabled because the NT battles they were designed around don't exist in the vanilla enemy files, so these particular scenes (like the Lv.4 Limit sidequests) were deactivated and those items were moved back to their original locations where possible.

The Steal command seems to not inherit the long range flag if the character using it has a long range weapon equipped. Might be intended behavior, but i could've sworn it worked on NT 1.5
Save for testing: https://mega.nz/file/Td5zSBpD#a0AhkzzxkOBQ8N3oSAtfB1iLK9Ytjwdb7xCsAWwvNOI
(Steal via Barret on Boss)

I'll need to check that against 1.5 and vanilla, commands can be made to either inherit the weapon's targeting or have their own targeting. Some care needs to be taken with that as letting the weapon handle certain things can cause problems, like Barret's enemy launcher from older 1.5 builds when used with 4x-cut.

I've had my first battle glitch. I'm against the Chocobo Captain, and one of his moves didn't work correctly, now the battle's more or less frozen as the camera is stuck waiting for a move to happen.

Sorry, I added it last minute before release when it was pointed out to me that I hadn't added the battle yet. I'll sort that out now.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: 2020-07-28 14:25:45 »

Thanks, that's what it was; the file uploaded was FF7 NT 2.0 IRO.iro.7z whereas in the pastebin it was FF7 NT 2.0 IRO. I was able to download the NT 2.0 IRO via catalog this time.

nforzer

• View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: 2020-07-28 15:25:25 »
I have the same problem. NT 2.0.1 installed.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: 2020-07-28 16:02:01 »
any luck finding any issue with the enhanced ui stock thinger?     

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: 2020-07-28 16:06:42 »
I have the same problem. NT 2.0.1 installed.

The latest versions currently up should have this fixed.

any luck finding any issue with the enhanced ui stock thinger?     

Use this IRO, rather than the one in the Qhimm IRO:

DO NOT use this one:

All that one does is overwrite the flevel's text to add controller button icons which NT already does and has compat with ESUI for.