Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4840240 times)

DMoogle

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10575 on: 2021-01-01 07:08:51 »
The documentation says that I can learn Aqualung from the Harpy near Gold Saucer, but it doesn't seem to ever use it. I've fought him 5+ times and given him ample opportunity. Any advice?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: 2021-01-01 12:33:02 »
The documentation says that I can learn Aqualung from the Harpy near Gold Saucer, but it doesn't seem to ever use it. I've fought him 5+ times and given him ample opportunity. Any advice?

in v2? learn from either
Spoiler: show
 godo
alternatively can manip
adamatoise
and learn from them instead. guessing ur playing type B. documentation most likely needs a small update as with some differences between a/b type.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: 2021-01-01 16:04:10 »
Somebody elsewhere wants to know about 2.0 Game Type A
Wait does this mean he took out the fun new shit in game type A like the new endgame sidequests or Guard Scorpion chasing you down over the course of the whole game?

DMoogle

• View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: 2021-01-01 18:03:56 »
in v2? learn from either
 godo
alternatively can manip
adamatoise
and learn from them instead. guessing ur playing type B. documentation most likely needs a small update as with some differences between a/b type.
I'm actually playing type A, but I'll check out these enemies. Thanks!

BanditScorpion

• View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: 2021-01-01 19:45:39 »
Hi! Big fan of NT. Just beat the final boss yesterday and now try to 100% it.
I do have three late game questions (Gamemode Type B, 7th Heaven Version 2094).

1: I've beaten Ozma and recieved the ???? item. I understand that it is a repurposed Savepoint Crystal item, as I can only 'use' it from the menu and only in the Northern Crater. However, using it does nothing. Is there an actual use for this item? Because the description for it sounds like it.

2: Inside the Northern Crater, there are four black / red savepoint crystals arranged around the giant green light in the forested area (I think the Wiki calls the area Light Cavity). Interacting with the save crystals pops up a message saying 'Inert'. And nothing else. Am I missing something? And if yes, what exactly?

3: In the Great Glacier, I found the Silver Chocobo. After feeding it Pahsana Greens it 'whispered secrets into my ear'. Now I believe the first part of every clue refers to a location, but the second part makes absolute no sense for me and I am pretty lost. I really wish to discover what's behind those clues.

I really hope you can help me with my questions. All the best, and happy new year!

DMoogle

• View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: 2021-01-02 19:56:35 »
I'm actually playing type A, but I'll check out these enemies. Thanks!
Following up, I was able to learn it from the second enemy.

Small bug report: I'm in the Temple of the Ancients, and the dialogue boxes in the "flashback" with Sephiroth and Tseng didn't load. On 2.0 type A.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: 2021-01-03 00:51:29 »
So can anybody tell me if 2.0 Game Type A removes the new endgame sidequests and the like?

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: 2021-01-03 06:21:46 »
So can anybody tell me if 2.0 Game Type A removes the new endgame sidequests and the like?

their is changes to the sidequests from v 1.5. some no longer exist as such. eg cids queste for highwind is simply obtaining the highwind ship.  Party leader swap still exists for some. need to make it to the bottom of northern crater then head back up for that to take effect. There should be some info avaialable on the quests available with NPC on the highwind.

Jokulmorder

• View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: 2021-01-04 10:07:52 »
So i have an issue. I just completed the Pagoda, and Godo didn't give me the leviathan scales even though he should according to the documentation.  Is there any way to fix this

zemzelett

• View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: 2021-01-04 14:57:34 »
Hi there,

i'm new to this forum and basically set up an account to give feedback on the NT mod. I've played through most of the content and i'm certainly liking this mod a lot. It's changes are brilliant.

For reference: I'm playing NT 2.094 Type B

I'll split my feedback up into praise and bugs / oversights.

For the praise:
  • The changes to story and progression are really smart, funny and in my opinion at times make more sense than the actual game... Great work!
  • I like the fact that almost everything is still available in the post-game.
  • I played no hard-mode and found the difficulty to be pleasing. Especially with being mostly forced to morph enemies to get valuable items it is on point, i think.

• I hope the fact, that Aeris can use Cid's Scimitar and Spirit Lance are intentional. :)
  • I love the post-game edits, like how you obtain final limits and weapons etc.
  • The Masamune was a surprise. At first i thought it was a weapon for Vincent, because of its item symbol. That was surprising already, knowing the Masamune is a blade... When i realised it can be wielded by anyone, i was surprised yet again. :)
  • I really liked the boss changes that have been made. They spiced up the game quite a lot!

For bugs and / or (possible) oversights:

• The 1/35 Soldier during the Midgar Raid is bugged and gives a Vaccine instead. This has been mentioned several times in this thread:
    This prevents you from getting the Omni Plus Materia. Using a save state editor to give you one more 1/35 Soldier helps in that case though.
  • The Solar Armlet can seemingly be only gotten from Battle Square Set #1 and Da Chao Cave. I figured this out to late and am now stuck with only 1 Solar Armlet. :( It would be nice, if this was a morph / drop / steal on some enemy, too.
  • The Voltaic / Bolt Armlet seems missable as Stilva cannot be refought after finishing Gaea's Cliff. Or is this possible through this mod?
  • Four Slots are missable, as the Costa del Sol shop changes it's inventory from Disc 2 on. The documentaiton says it's obtainable through Junon, but that seems to be wrong.
  • The Risk Ring is supposed to be buyable in Mideel. It is not. The only way i found it is by stealing it from Ultimate Weapon when fought in Fort Condor. This makes the Risk Ring missable.
  • Also, the Guard Ring and Relic Ring Steal from Ultimate Weapon are swapped in the documentation. The Guard Ring can be stolen, when fighting Weapon in Corel. The Relic Ring, when fighting Weapon in Gongaga or the Crater.
  • The Javelin is missable. You can get it from the Weaponsmith in exchange for the Mythril Key Item. But you are also able to chose the Silver M-phone. Now, the Silver M-phone is available on Disc 3 through a Junon Shop, the Javelin is NOT! And on Disc 3 you cannot exchange the Mythril anymore either, so you'll have to pick up the Javelin on Disc 2, if you' want it for completion.
  • The item Mako Stone is, by documentation, unplaced/unused. It can be obtained by morphing the Mover enemies in the North Crater. The Excel table that is referenced for drop/steal/morph is stating a Tissue item as the morph. I got the Mako Stone, though! Or ist this just a renaming issue?
  • In the North Crater there is a chest with a Cauldron on the right path (2nd screen). If you open that chest from the previous screen through menuing before the screen actually changes, you can reach that chest and it contains a new "New Game+". But it's not an item or key item. Is this a joke / intentional?
  • In the Corel Prison i am not able to find the Magic Counter Materia, that is supposed to be there. The only thing i found was a "Lv.3" All Materia (4 stars) in the house on the first screen. Where is the Magic Counter Materia supposed to be?
  • When figuring out the Glacier Chocobo by giving it all possible nuts and greens i found the name change option. I "used" it on Cloud, leaving his name unaltered. Later in the game, Cait Sith was referred to as Cloud, and indeed his name was Cloud at that point. I renamed him through the use of the Chocobo and it worked. Is it possible, that there's an error with the name changing feature?

That's all i can remember right now. But maybe it's already to much to read anyways... :/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: 2021-01-05 02:19:58 »
Can I ask something else... someone may tell me where is the MP absorb materia??? I am in 1.5 version and I can't find it.

If I recall, should be in Wutai upstairs in the 'Cat House' (stairway is obstructed until Yuffie's materia theft sidequest is finished; need to press OK/Circle to climb the stairwell at the back).

Hi! Big fan of NT. Just beat the final boss yesterday and now try to 100% it.
I do have three late game questions (Gamemode Type B, 7th Heaven Version 2094).

1: I've beaten Ozma and recieved the ???? item. I understand that it is a repurposed Savepoint Crystal item, as I can only 'use' it from the menu and only in the Northern Crater. However, using it does nothing. Is there an actual use for this item? Because the description for it sounds like it.

2: Inside the Northern Crater, there are four black / red savepoint crystals arranged around the giant green light in the forested area (I think the Wiki calls the area Light Cavity). Interacting with the save crystals pops up a message saying 'Inert'. And nothing else. Am I missing something? And if yes, what exactly?

3: In the Great Glacier, I found the Silver Chocobo. After feeding it Pahsana Greens it 'whispered secrets into my ear'. Now I believe the first part of every clue refers to a location, but the second part makes absolute no sense for me and I am pretty lost. I really wish to discover what's behind those clues.

I really hope you can help me with my questions. All the best, and happy new year!

All those three things are directly related to each other.

Following up, I was able to learn it from the second enemy.

Small bug report: I'm in the Temple of the Ancients, and the dialogue boxes in the "flashback" with Sephiroth and Tseng didn't load. On 2.0 type A.

Do you have a field model mod in there? It seems that for whatever reason, those dialogue boxes won't display for that particular scene if one is enabled (think it was the Kalderasha one).

I pruned them down; Dark Cave isn't in there anymore, and not all characters have a battle for their Lv.4 Limit Break. Ultimate Weapons are picked up either from fights or just as pick-ups from field screens (like the last screen of Ancient Forest for instance). A follow-up patch (2.1) is in the works to add some stuff while also reworking hard mode and fixing some flaws in the toggle options.

So i have an issue. I just completed the Pagoda, and Godo didn't give me the leviathan scales even though he should according to the documentation.  Is there any way to fix this

These are given on the Disc 3 2nd visit to the Pagoda, when a 2nd battle against Godo is completed. This should go ahead if the 1st visit was skipped (Yuffie needs to be in the party).

Hi there,

i'm new to this forum and basically set up an account to give feedback on the NT mod. I've played through most of the content and i'm certainly liking this mod a lot. It's changes are brilliant.

For reference: I'm playing NT 2.094 Type B

I'll split my feedback up into praise and bugs / oversights.

For the praise:
  • The changes to story and progression are really smart, funny and in my opinion at times make more sense than the actual game... Great work!
  • I like the fact that almost everything is still available in the post-game.
  • I played no hard-mode and found the difficulty to be pleasing. Especially with being mostly forced to morph enemies to get valuable items it is on point, i think.

• I hope the fact, that Aeris can use Cid's Scimitar and Spirit Lance are intentional. :)
  • I love the post-game edits, like how you obtain final limits and weapons etc.
  • The Masamune was a surprise. At first i thought it was a weapon for Vincent, because of its item symbol. That was surprising already, knowing the Masamune is a blade... When i realised it can be wielded by anyone, i was surprised yet again. :)
  • I really liked the boss changes that have been made. They spiced up the game quite a lot!

For bugs and / or (possible) oversights:

• The 1/35 Soldier during the Midgar Raid is bugged and gives a Vaccine instead. This has been mentioned several times in this thread:
    This prevents you from getting the Omni Plus Materia. Using a save state editor to give you one more 1/35 Soldier helps in that case though.
  • The Solar Armlet can seemingly be only gotten from Battle Square Set #1 and Da Chao Cave. I figured this out to late and am now stuck with only 1 Solar Armlet. :( It would be nice, if this was a morph / drop / steal on some enemy, too.
  • The Voltaic / Bolt Armlet seems missable as Stilva cannot be refought after finishing Gaea's Cliff. Or is this possible through this mod?
  • Four Slots are missable, as the Costa del Sol shop changes it's inventory from Disc 2 on. The documentaiton says it's obtainable through Junon, but that seems to be wrong.
  • The Risk Ring is supposed to be buyable in Mideel. It is not. The only way i found it is by stealing it from Ultimate Weapon when fought in Fort Condor. This makes the Risk Ring missable.
  • Also, the Guard Ring and Relic Ring Steal from Ultimate Weapon are swapped in the documentation. The Guard Ring can be stolen, when fighting Weapon in Corel. The Relic Ring, when fighting Weapon in Gongaga or the Crater.
  • The Javelin is missable. You can get it from the Weaponsmith in exchange for the Mythril Key Item. But you are also able to chose the Silver M-phone. Now, the Silver M-phone is available on Disc 3 through a Junon Shop, the Javelin is NOT! And on Disc 3 you cannot exchange the Mythril anymore either, so you'll have to pick up the Javelin on Disc 2, if you' want it for completion.
  • The item Mako Stone is, by documentation, unplaced/unused. It can be obtained by morphing the Mover enemies in the North Crater. The Excel table that is referenced for drop/steal/morph is stating a Tissue item as the morph. I got the Mako Stone, though! Or ist this just a renaming issue?
  • In the North Crater there is a chest with a Cauldron on the right path (2nd screen). If you open that chest from the previous screen through menuing before the screen actually changes, you can reach that chest and it contains a new "New Game+". But it's not an item or key item. Is this a joke / intentional?
  • In the Corel Prison i am not able to find the Magic Counter Materia, that is supposed to be there. The only thing i found was a "Lv.3" All Materia (4 stars) in the house on the first screen. Where is the Magic Counter Materia supposed to be?
  • When figuring out the Glacier Chocobo by giving it all possible nuts and greens i found the name change option. I "used" it on Cloud, leaving his name unaltered. Later in the game, Cait Sith was referred to as Cloud, and indeed his name was Cloud at that point. I renamed him through the use of the Chocobo and it worked. Is it possible, that there's an error with the name changing feature?

That's all i can remember right now. But maybe it's already to much to read anyways... :/

Glad you liked the mod; as for the bugs and oversights, I've taken a note of these and will try to add in the missable items for the 2.1 update (which will hopefully be the last update). The rename screen is an awkward one that apparently affects Cait Sith when renaming Cloud, so it'll need to come out unfortunately.

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: 2021-01-05 04:31:00 »
Hello to all, I have to ask for some pro tips with Master Fist and Tifa max damage, I have curse ring equipped but I don't know if the penalty of nulling restorative make it worth, so I want to know some tips for Tifa, please (besides using Hero Drink II, I don't have a lot of them), thanks.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: 2021-01-05 12:54:52 »
Thank you for the clarification, SC.

One more question - does 2.0 still have Summons as once per battle and unable to level their materia up? I enjoyed pretty much every one of your innovations to the gameplay save for that one since I always wanted to try to do a summoner class  type deal.

Also does NT Vanilla Combat have the keep dungeon music during battles feature?

Trying to combine your Level 1 Mod with NT Vnilla.
« Last Edit: 2021-01-05 14:49:19 by Nikkolas »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: 2021-01-05 18:26:53 »
does 2.0 still have Summons as once per battle and unable to level their materia up?

summon materia is once per battle and u can not level it up ... but there is ways around that restriction, such as obtaining master summon materia.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: 2021-01-07 19:46:38 »
Okay so 7th Heaven appears to be the problem with Vanilla Combat. I was asking about the music because Barret didn't ask me to choose Regular or Field when I turned it On and then started up a new game. Every other mod has worked perfectly, including the other versions of NT, but for some reason this wouldn't work.

I did a standalone install though and now I'm getting the little popup after starting a new game as wel as Barret asking about music.

I also just used your files from Lv1 Challenge and dropped them in the FFVII folder after installing NT Vanilla. Nothing is imploding right away so I hope that means everything is compatible.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10590 on: 2021-01-08 13:34:56 »
Okay so 7th Heaven appears to be the problem with Vanilla Combat. I was asking about the music because Barret didn't ask me to choose Regular or Field when I turned it On and then started up a new game. Every other mod has worked perfectly, including the other versions of NT, but for some reason this wouldn't work.

I did a standalone install though and now I'm getting the little popup after starting a new game as wel as Barret asking about music.

I also just used your files from Lv1 Challenge and dropped them in the FFVII folder after installing NT Vanilla. Nothing is imploding right away so I hope that means everything is compatible.

I'll check into the IRO over the weekend, maybe it's not set up properly or something.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: 2021-01-08 14:06:19 »
A follow-up patch (2.1) is in the works to add some stuff while also reworking hard mode and fixing some flaws in the toggle options.
Sweet. Just want to say that one of these toggle option issues is the field-music-during-battles toggle. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And even when it works, the victory music still plays at the end of battles. I would prefer if it didn't, as it messes with the immersion.

I think the battle music should only play in scripted battles (such as bosses). As for battles on the world map, I keep going back and forth on that. I think maybe having field music play during battles on the world map could be a separate toggle? I don't know how others feel about this. I'd like to try having the world map music play during battles on the world map, to see how it feels.

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: 2021-01-08 15:01:48 »
I'll check into the IRO over the weekend, maybe it's not set up properly or something.

Okie dokie.

And just to confirm, there shouldn't be a conflict between your NT Vanilla and your Lv1 Challenge mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: 2021-01-09 01:15:59 »
Sweet. Just want to say that one of these toggle option issues is the field-music-during-battles toggle. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And even when it works, the victory music still plays at the end of battles. I would prefer if it didn't, as it messes with the immersion.

I think the battle music should only play in scripted battles (such as bosses). As for battles on the world map, I keep going back and forth on that. I think maybe having field music play during battles on the world map could be a separate toggle? I don't know how others feel about this. I'd like to try having the world map music play during battles on the world map, to see how it feels.

I'm not sure what happened with it, it'll be fixed and working as intended for the 2.1 update along with the other toggle flags.

Okie dokie.

And just to confirm, there shouldn't be a conflict between your NT Vanilla and your Lv1 Challenge mod?

I'm not sure, I think the scene.bin in vanilla combat is mostly default but there may have been alterations made where it was unavoidable. I'd save often.

matcha99

• View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: 2021-01-09 01:46:30 »
Is the Boss in the Red Materia cave the only way to get Mustard Bomb in 2.0? I kinda Stop-locked it and I never got the Enemy Skill  :?

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: 2021-01-09 02:10:21 »
I'm not sure what happened with it, it'll be fixed and working as intended for the 2.1 update along with the other toggle flags.

Thank you, Sega Chief. It's much appreciated.

Other bug I have encountered: the fort condor battle notification does not always appear. It has appeared the first couple of times in Junon (before and after the boss), but not after that. I just finished the Cosmo Canyon dungeon, and the notification also did not appear despite a new battle having been triggered. The teleport guy is there though, at least. But yeah, the player has to check a guide to make sure that they don't miss any battle.

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: 2021-01-09 11:04:48 »
Hey SegaChief,

I'm planning to stream some FF7 new threat tomorrow evening so I've done a clean install of 7th heaven and NT to get everything ready.

I seem to have a problem with my music dissapearing. After a battle the music just stops.

Any idea what this might be? I've tried completely removing everything and reinstalling etc.

I vaguely recall having an issue like this before but I just can't remember how I rectified it.

Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: 2021-01-09 12:40:08 »
Is the Boss in the Red Materia cave the only way to get Mustard Bomb in 2.0? I kinda Stop-locked it and I never got the Enemy Skill  :?

I can't actually recall now, will add it onto another enemy if so.

Thank you, Sega Chief. It's much appreciated.

Other bug I have encountered: the fort condor battle notification does not always appear. It has appeared the first couple of times in Junon (before and after the boss), but not after that. I just finished the Cosmo Canyon dungeon, and the notification also did not appear despite a new battle having been triggered. The teleport guy is there though, at least. But yeah, the player has to check a guide to make sure that they don't miss any battle.

I'll check into that.

Hey SegaChief,

I'm planning to stream some FF7 new threat tomorrow evening so I've done a clean install of 7th heaven and NT to get everything ready.

I seem to have a problem with my music dissapearing. After a battle the music just stops.

Any idea what this might be? I've tried completely removing everything and reinstalling etc.

I vaguely recall having an issue like this before but I just can't remember how I rectified it.

Thanks

Not sure, to be honest; I would jump into the 7th heaven support thread (or discord) to get some assistance debugging that.

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: 2021-01-09 14:11:05 »
I can't actually recall now, will add it onto another enemy if so.

I'll check into that.

Not sure, to be honest; I would jump into the 7th heaven support thread (or discord) to get some assistance debugging that.

I think I've sorted it.

I'm going to be streaming NT 2.0 A type tomorrow evening at 7. Shameless plug but if your interested come take a look and abuse me in the chat. twitch.tv/jrpgjarryd

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: 2021-01-09 16:07:23 »
I think I've sorted it.

I'm going to be streaming NT 2.0 A type tomorrow evening at 7. Shameless plug but if your interested come take a look and abuse me in the chat. twitch.tv/jrpgjarryd

7 on the dot is when I join a FF14 raid for 3 hours, but if you're still going by then I'll drop in.