Author Topic: Laptop FF7 Problems  (Read 3347 times)

Minutehavoc

Laptop FF7 Problems
« on: 2003-11-29 05:31:50 »
I got this link from the eidos forums and figured I could get more help here.  I recently installed my old copy of FF7 on my laptop.  I got the patch I was supposed to get since my keyboard doesn't have a numpad.  It runs fine up until the point it asks for my name.  I am unable to move the the right side and hit enter.  At this point all my controls cease to work.  When I try to quit using alt + Q at this point, I can't do anything in the quit menu.  The quit menu works fine everywhere else.

Any idea what I need to do to get it to work?

Minutehavoc

Jedimark

• View Profile
Laptop FF7 Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2003-11-29 10:13:28 »
Have you changed your button configuration. When I play FFVII I always change my button config because I play on a Laptop but then when I want to edit my name I have to use the default config keys to move the cursor about. I know it's tricky on a Laptop keyboard.

Minutehavoc

Laptop FF7 Problems
« Reply #2 on: 2003-11-29 14:04:02 »
thanks for the help, I figured it out though.  There was a separate patch, something TNT, that included the escape button as a way to move to the right side so I could hit enter and select my name.  didn't realize it at first since the patch name was something about video cards.

Minutehavoc