Author Topic: [FF7][FAQ] 7th Heaven Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 532580 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [FF7] Tifa's Final Heaven - 7th Heaven Mod Tutorial
« Reply #400 on: 2015-04-10 05:17:35 »
The triple AP weapons are adapted from former starting weapons. Barret, Tifa, and Aeris should be starting the game with an Assault Gun, Metal Knuckle, and Full Metal Staff as their starting weapon, rather than Gatling Gun, Leather Knuckle, and Guard Stick.

Two possible causes I can think of are:

-) You've loaded the game from a pre-existing save file (some players prefer to start from the first save point in the 1st Reactor, rather than going through the lengthy opening FMV).

-) The kernel chunk for initial party (the starting party's stats, equipment, etc.) wasn't applied or was overwritten by another mod. It seems that equipment data has been applied, though.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #401 on: 2015-04-10 05:21:25 »
Right now, the Catalog has kernel chunks added into Menu Overhaul that I will fix/remove in the next update. It's possible this may be a cause, but I have no way of telling for sure.

Owlteria

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2015-04-10 10:46:23 »
What all did you install BEFORE 7th heaven?
Like I said, nothing. I made a fresh install of the game on the C: drive to a non-system/users folder. Then I installed 7H with the game converter etc. and ran some mods.

Okay, thank you everyone! I deactivated all the mods (Menu Overhaul, Field Textures, music and weapon models) except the NT mod and started a New Game because I have indeed loaded from a pre-existing save file like Sega Chief said. The mod works correctly, I guess. No triple AP weapon for Barret this time and Cloud has 3 different materia. (Strangely he just had 2, bolt and ice when I first played the NT mod). It seems there are some mods who mix up parts of the kernel, but I'm not sure. I'm going to test this with the Menu Overhaul again.

Well, at least there are no triple AP weapons anymore. They definitely ruined the beginning of the game and made the bosses far too easy.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2015-04-10 16:04:14 »
The only mod categories that have kernel changes are:

Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Menu Overhaul
Miscellaneous - Red Wolf
Miscellaneous - CHaOS

You shouldn't need to disable any other mods. Starting a New Game probably helped as well.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2015-04-11 11:12:05 »
The only mod categories that have kernel changes are:

Gameplay - Difficulty and Story
Menu Overhaul
Miscellaneous - Red Wolf
Miscellaneous - CHaOS

You shouldn't need to disable any other mods. Starting a New Game probably helped as well.

ChaOS has no kernel changes. We also can't use chunks for the Kernel, only for the flevel.lgp.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2015-04-11 12:38:53 »
You're right. I was getting kernel and flevel mixed up, sorry.

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2015-04-12 06:57:38 »
Hmm... Maybe it's just me, but right now, on a fresh install of 7th Heaven, following these directions... Nothing is downloading properly. Everything just sits at "Calculating" forever.

EDIT: Still doing this. On the larger mods, I at least get an error:

"Error Downloading Media - MoviesThe underlying connection was closed: An"

unfortunately the error box is too small for me to see "An" what. :P
« Last Edit: 2015-04-12 07:25:08 by insidious611 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2015-04-12 13:27:57 »
Gotcha. I'll take a look at it tonight :)

shOcKmAnz

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2015-04-12 17:05:04 »
sir. field scenes can make .lgp ?

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2015-04-13 03:36:45 »
A followup to my earlier issue: Failing any actual idea what was going on, I decided to start up WireShark and take a look at the network communication between 7th Heaven and the servers it's trying to download things from. I see two seperate issues going on here.

The "big" files almost all use Google Drive first, and the "small" files almost all use Mega first. This is not a problem, but it's related to the different issues:

For the "big" files, a request is made to Google Drive, and it's responded to... but not in the way 7th Heaven is expecting. You see, Google has recently switched to using the "SPDY" protocol instead of HTTP for all its services unless explicitly requested otherwise. 7thHeaven is getting a SPDY-over-TLS response when it's expecting an HTTP response, and this is causing the "unexpected error".

For the "small" files, a request is made to Mega... and it never gets a response. The request is acknowledged on the TCP side but no data is ever received, not even an error. Thus the "calculating forever" problem.

This all happens on 7th Heaven 1.45. On 1.42, the Mega request fails immediately, and the broken request to Drive happens, which causes an infinite loop of said Unexpected Errors.

You guys need to find different hosts for your files. "Cloud storage" services like these can not be relied upon to be stable nor easily machine-readable in their responses, being primarily designed for human interaction. In fact, I think at least in the case of Mega, coding something like this violates their ToS.

« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 03:48:42 by insidious611 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2015-04-13 04:08:51 »
Well unfortunately Iros is the only coder and only one with access to the code for 7H. I simply compile the mods on Qhimm into IRO format for the Catalog and report any issues to him. Iros tends to take long breaks from communicating with anyone. Feb 11th was his last login, and I have no idea when/if he'll be back. This is a major concern to me because it's not the first time we've had to deal with the unexpected errors between 7H and our file hosts.

Where would you suggest we host them? Would Nexus mods work if we're able to get 7H to communicate with its download links?

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2015-04-13 05:28:00 »
Nexus would be a step in the right direction, inasmuch as they're used to hosting mods, but I think having a simple, standard webserver where you can access the files directly by URL would be the most useful option. I currently pay $10/mo for a server from Linode, I get 2 TB of bandwidth usage per month (that's roughly 125 downloads of the *entire* set of mods) and 24GB of space. I'd understand if y'all're hesitant to accept such an offer from a guy you barely know, but I'd be willing to host at least the smaller mods on my server for free. I'm barely touching my bandwidth or storage space as I mostly use this server for development purposes.

EDIT: I've gone ahead and, after grabbing the files from Google Drive by poking through the subscription XML file, made my own mirror of everything (and a 'tweaked' subscription file pointing to it) as it currently stands, for at least my own use if nobody else's. :P I'm not going to jump the gun and post links here in case you guys don't think that's kosher. If y'all're interested in using my server as a public mirror for 7th Heaven stuff, please poke me in this thread or via PM.

I've still got about 4GB of free space after mirroring everything.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 07:45:32 by insidious611 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2015-04-13 20:22:50 »
I was able to download the entire Catalog with no issues last night. I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're stuck on Calculating though. Perhaps you have something running that blocks the usage of 7H downloads?

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2015-04-13 20:27:09 »
Well, as I said, I made my own mirror last night and was able to download off of that using 7H just fine. I can't think of anything on my machine that would be interfering with the connection, especially considering I monitored the traffic and didn't see anything particularly suspicious. As I said earlier, re: Google Drive 7H seems to simply be receiving data it's not understanding. And re: Mega, the connection is opened, a request is made, and then Mega just doesn't respond to the request.

EDIT: Tried on two completely different computers in the house, same results. It also bears mentioning that I can download the files referred to directly from Mega or Google Drive in a browser no problem.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-13 20:34:49 by insidious611 »

krell55

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2015-04-14 21:21:58 »
I had a issue trying to download the larger files as well until at one point the program crashed.  When i came back in the mods were no longer downloading so I just set them to download one at a time and they went through fine. It may be a bad idea to go through and click everything to download at once or may just been issue on my end. Either way its all working now and thank you for compiling all the mods into one easy source.

insidious611

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2015-04-15 10:33:59 »
This is an odd one, and I don't know if I should put it here or what, but I will simply because I can't figure out anywhere else it's relevant: When using the field packs (Omzy or yarLson) via 7thHeaven, a couple fields are noticably glitched out when they weren't when I was using Omzy's field pack manually.

I don't know them by filename or anything, but:

1. The one where the Enemy Skill materia is in the Shinra HQ, the closeup of the tube where RedXIII and Aerith are being held, the tube appears "inside out" (best way I could put it) and everything else is black.

2. The top floor of Shinra Headquarters is filled with random black squares.

3. The angled shot of the same (used when someone is talking to the president, IE in one cutscene early in the game and prior to you being put in prison at Shinra HQ) is *completely* blank. As in, it's just characters standing around on a black surface.

These happen no matter what field pack I have selected, and (at least in the case of Omzy's, I never tried yarLson's before 7H) didn't happen without 7H being involved.

I'd get screenshots but I was streaming at the time and am since long past that point in the story. If someone has a save just prior to that part of Shinra HQ I'd be glad to load that and test.
« Last Edit: 2015-04-15 10:36:48 by insidious611 »

Rossi87

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2015-04-15 17:42:10 »
Hi, I am getting this error message, I can't work out how to fix it without deleting my library and settings.

Thanks

Code: [Select]
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderProfile.Read5_Profile()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](Stream s) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 10
   at Iros._7th.Util.Deserialize[T](String file) in c:\Iros\7thWrapperLib\Util.cs:line 14
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.fLibrary_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 107
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

After deleting my 7th workshop folder in roaming i get this error.

Code: [Select]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.CheckAllowedActivate(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 505
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.ToggleActivateMod(Guid modID) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 539
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.fLibrary.DoModBarAction(pMod pm, ModBarAction a) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\fLibrary.cs:line 577
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.pMod.bActivate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Iros\7thWorkshop\pMod.cs:line 163
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
« Last Edit: 2015-04-15 17:49:21 by Rossi87 »

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2015-04-16 17:26:30 »
Well unfortunately Iros is the only coder and only one with access to the code for 7H. I simply compile the mods on Qhimm into IRO format for the Catalog and report any issues to him. Iros tends to take long breaks from communicating with anyone. Feb 11th was his last login, and I have no idea when/if he'll be back. This is a major concern to me because it's not the first time we've had to deal with the unexpected errors between 7H and our file hosts.

Where would you suggest we host them? Would Nexus mods work if we're able to get 7H to communicate with its download links?

Were are the links please for the mods in IROS format for download I can not seem to find them, thank you in advanced.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2015-04-16 17:49:15 »
They are in the Catalog. Please read the tutorial and watch the video on how to set it up. It's all there.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2015-04-16 19:07:01 »
They are in the Catalog. Please read the tutorial and watch the video on how to set it up. It's all there.

Yeah I have asked for help before and no one seem to be replying, the video I am sorry is of not much use it is too small to see and the tutorial on here is lacking details. The subscriptions link is not working keeps saying in the mod not found and there is errors every time the mod tries to start and F&Q on here is not helping.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2015-04-17 03:12:47 »
I'm not sure how I can help you then Yuffie. The video is in 4K, so the resolution can't go any higher. The written tutorial has notes and images for every step, so I'm not sure what other details are needed. "Mod not found" is not an error message I'm familiar with. If you can screenshot what you're talking about, than I could possibly help.

I'm 99% certain though that something hasn't been setup correctly on your side since I just downloaded the entire Catalog with no hiccups a couple nights ago. I don't think setting up 7H is the easiest process in the world, but it's not super difficult either. It's all a learning curve, but once you learn it, it's quite simple.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2015-04-17 04:34:49 »
Google drive and dropbox are also great alternatives.  It is all controlled by you.  The only way it goes down is if you change the location or get rid of the file.

krell55

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2015-04-18 18:05:23 »
Just wondering if you are planning to upgrade New Treat Mod to 1.3  ::)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2015-04-18 19:20:26 »
Yep.

krell55

• View Profile