Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4899034 times)

Vonlo

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10525 on: 2020-12-05 13:50:38 »
Thanks a lot, Spotty. I was about to go crazy.

Also, what a clever usage of in-game assets. My hat is tipped 1000x.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: 2020-12-05 17:30:47 »
Hi i just did this boss like yesterday.
As for Jenova Death i made it the first try.

I play Cloud as an all-rounder invoker tanky with 5600 HP and some 1/2 elemetal defense with "elemental materia" and one of the nice ring
I put Barrier and Mbarrier permanently and he has Life 2 and Phenix in case of KO.

Spoiler: show
Aeris is less tanky with 2500HP, back row and high spirit but low vitality. I launch haste + all at the start of the fight and restore all character if i need or launch high magic.

Barret is physical tank and attacker with high strengh, dexterity and vitality always with "hyper" status to improve limit rate.

When the add pops, i don't remember to received a lot of attack. Cloud has around 120 magic stats and with 2 x Magic Breath from Ennemy Skill materia, all adds vanished... I was around lvl 45 when i did the fight.

I really think you have a problem of defense and speed. Maybe rethink your materia, and equipment to boost defense and dexterity.

I can send you my fitting or check yours if you wish. Don't hesitate to mp me if you want.

Good luck!

@Sega Chief: when can we start the lvl 4 and ultimate weapons quest you created? Where do we find indications to start it?
Via menu, "Renew" doesn't revive, it only can restore

Disc 3, after visiting the bottom of the North Crater typically unlocks everything. There isn't one for every character in 2.0 though. Renew is Full Cure so the menu function retains that, I'll have a look at changing that in the future.

Yeah I am Lv 39 with Cloud and Tifa. I will just level up a bit and try again. Maybe my speed is to slow.

Edit: Leveled to 44 everyone, now I can't beat Carry Armor :D
Except Tifa my mage, my physical attackers feel so useless. Can I respec somehow so everyone goes full magic build?

Edit2: Nah, I don't want to play the mod anymore. It is a little too annoying to me. Carry Armor counters almost every attack with some heavy AOE and then afterwards he uses Lapis Laser 3.

Yes I use barriers, but they ran out before the attack.

I think next year I gonna try out the Type B mode.

I'll review this section; I remember the Carry AI being a bit irritating to people for its counter-heavy setup.

Where can i find Mr. Smile in NT 2.0?

After the Cargo Ship, you can access it from Save Points from then on. There was one added to Costa Del Sol's entrance.

Question about the location of Princess Guard...

I'm looking in the Ancient Forest Cave right after fighting Jenova Life. I believe it's the cave immediately after Ancient Forest, but all that happened when I went in there is Cloud saying "this cave sure is dark". Is it not available until later?

Well, you didn't find the weapon but you did find my little 1.5 easter egg.

Greetings!

I'm close to finishing 2.0 (normal mode) and I love it. I can't see myself ever going back to vanilla after this.

One thing is bugging me, though.

I've beaten all the superbosses except for ????. The readme hints that you need to give all the 1/35 soldiers to the hooded character onboard the Highwind -I get no such option-, yet the NPC in the cockpit says it's in the Shinra mansion. I've tried to activate the piano there, but [switch] and [L1+menu] give me a "cancel" sound and nothing happens.

Is there anything else that's escaping me?

The 1/35 soldier item thing is actually for a Materia, not a boss fight. Seems that Len's answered about the piano, so I'm assuming you've found the fight. Which also reminds me, I need to sort out that other thing.

YouRQXXL

• View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: 2020-12-06 11:30:14 »
I'm stuck on bombing mission :(
Started new game type B, go to reactor, defeat scorpion, running from reactor and when i go out form elevator Jessie and Biggs are laying on floor, second scorpion waiting behind bars and i can't interact with nothing, he not attacking, can't talk with Jessie and Biggs, only thing i can do is open elevator and back down.
Any idea what's wrong and how to fix ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: 2020-12-11 15:47:52 »
I'm stuck on bombing mission :(
Started new game type B, go to reactor, defeat scorpion, running from reactor and when i go out form elevator Jessie and Biggs are laying on floor, second scorpion waiting behind bars and i can't interact with nothing, he not attacking, can't talk with Jessie and Biggs, only thing i can do is open elevator and back down.
Any idea what's wrong and how to fix ?

Not sure, did you talk to Jessie on the way up? It might be that I haven't set a handler for when the player doesn't help Jessie get unstuck on the way back up like in the default game.

YouRQXXL

• View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: 2020-12-12 17:17:13 »
Yes i talk to Jessie.
But i start again new game type B but without any other mods and scorpion not show up in reactor and the second scorpion waiting after i go out from elevator wasn't blocked anymore and i past that part of game, save and turn on other mods. So far so good ;)

OrangePulp

• View Profile
« Reply #10530 on: 2020-12-13 23:54:06 »
Is the reunion version of this mod compatible with reunion's 60fps battle animations? When I played it last, I remember you having new/custom animations for various enemies, and I wasn't sure whether those would work at the same time as the 60fps interpolated anims.

Super Virtual

• View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: 2020-12-15 02:25:51 »
So uhh... how do you beat the level 27 soldier 3rds on the second reactor? I literally cannot survive no matter what I do. I'm only level 10.

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: 2020-12-15 05:49:07 »
Seems like upgrading stats was moved from the mythril mine in Type B? When do you first encounter it now to unlock the context in the save menu? Thanks.

Also the Nerosuferoth's AI in Junon area seems broken? They don't do anything at all.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-15 06:03:01 by kamekaz3 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: 2020-12-15 11:33:37 »
Is the reunion version of this mod compatible with reunion's 60fps battle animations? When I played it last, I remember you having new/custom animations for various enemies, and I wasn't sure whether those would work at the same time as the 60fps interpolated anims.

The issue is that the 60fps mod directly replaces the animations with interpolated ones so any new enemy entries added won't have these interpolated animations. The mod will work, but if a new enemy is fought then it'll have faster than normal animations. I don't think it affects the game mechanically though.

So uhh... how do you beat the level 27 soldier 3rds on the second reactor? I literally cannot survive no matter what I do. I'm only level 10.

Normally they're lv.18 but it sounds like you've got hard mode on. It's probably a bit too much with the pincer set-up so I'll take a look at it, but for now here's a potential battle plan.

They can be hit by any status ailment, so one option is to get Cross Slash and Mindblow unlocked as the former will paralyse an enemy, and the latter will Confuse/Berserk one enemy (if the mod's .exe changes are applied). These take priority so if used at the start during the first enemy's turn, they'll go through next and incapacitate the remaining two enemies. After getting the battle under control, I'd maybe leave one enemy alive to rebuild Limits so that they can be used going into the 2nd phase.

Deadly Waste items can be obtained in Reactor 5 from Smoggers either through Drop or Steal. They'll deal about 440-480 damage to all targets and have a good chance of inflicting Poison. They'd definitely be worth getting a hold of as it deals more than half their HP as damage and Poison status could finish one or two off while you go defensive.

Seems like upgrading stats was moved from the mythril mine in Type B? When do you first encounter it now to unlock the context in the save menu? Thanks.

Also the Nerosuferoth's AI in Junon area seems broken? They don't do anything at all.

Costa Del Sol has the first opportunity to do it at the save point.

I'll check their AI if they're inactive.

juiceseph

• View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: 2020-12-15 18:20:58 »
I'm almost done with where disc 1 would end. I was wondering if anyone would know where I can get the double-cut materia or whatever it's been replaced by in this mod. I would very much like to make Tifa a beast  8)

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: 2020-12-16 05:32:33 »
The issue is that the 60fps mod directly replaces the animations with interpolated ones so any new enemy entries added won't have these interpolated animations. The mod will work, but if a new enemy is fought then it'll have faster than normal animations. I don't think it affects the game mechanically though.

Normally they're lv.18 but it sounds like you've got hard mode on. It's probably a bit too much with the pincer set-up so I'll take a look at it, but for now here's a potential battle plan.

They can be hit by any status ailment, so one option is to get Cross Slash and Mindblow unlocked as the former will paralyse an enemy, and the latter will Confuse/Berserk one enemy (if the mod's .exe changes are applied). These take priority so if used at the start during the first enemy's turn, they'll go through next and incapacitate the remaining two enemies. After getting the battle under control, I'd maybe leave one enemy alive to rebuild Limits so that they can be used going into the 2nd phase.

Deadly Waste items can be obtained in Reactor 5 from Smoggers either through Drop or Steal. They'll deal about 440-480 damage to all targets and have a good chance of inflicting Poison. They'd definitely be worth getting a hold of as it deals more than half their HP as damage and Poison status could finish one or two off while you go defensive.

Costa Del Sol has the first opportunity to do it at the save point.

the light curtain drop  proir will help as well a lot. i used that for the type B hard mode no exp play through i did. take out the single soldier first before using so it lasts long enough. great idea using mindblow :D  I liked that battle although was different coming up with a workable strat for it.

OrangePulp

• View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: 2020-12-16 09:13:48 »

OK, cool; I'll give it a shot, see if it does do anything weird mechanically. Quick question, that I couldn't find info on in the docs, regarding game types: Does Game Type A still let you keep Aeris? Or is that one of the scenario changes in B?
« Last Edit: 2020-12-16 15:44:57 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: 2020-12-16 15:44:49 »
I'm almost done with where disc 1 would end. I was wondering if anyone would know where I can get the double-cut materia or whatever it's been replaced by in this mod. I would very much like to make Tifa a beast  8)

In 2.0 it's found in the Sacred Fire Cave of Da Chao in Wutai; you'll need leviathan scale to clear the fire which is acquired from the 2nd Pagoda visit (Disc 3).

OK, cool; I'll give it a shot, see if it does do anything weird mechanically. Quick question, that I couldn't find info on in the docs, regarding game types: Does Game Type A still let you keep Aeris? Or is that one of the scenario changes in B?

Available in both, it depends on how the battle goes. Halfway she'll be revived by the boss and attacks the party; if she survives the encounter then she sticks around after, if not then you'll get a Ribbon instead.

OrangePulp

• View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: 2020-12-16 21:59:04 »
Available in both, it depends on how the battle goes. Halfway she'll be revived by the boss and attacks the party; if she survives the encounter then she sticks around after, if not then you'll get a Ribbon instead.

Whoops, sorry, should have put that in a spoiler tag originally. Appreciate the info.

As far as running with the 60fps interpolated animations go, you were correct; seems to run just fine mechanically, but anything you modified runs at 4x speed. While having smooth animations and camera is nice, having some of the stuff at turbo speed (including the guard scorpion's idle, which makes it kinda look like it's dancing) was a little too distracting for me. I'll take all the extra content you added over animation quality at this point. Maybe at some later point I'll try throwing the automatic interpolation in kimera at your modified data, although I gather that the 60fps animation component of reunion took some work besides just 'throw interpolation script at all the animation data'.

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: 2020-12-16 22:48:24 »

Seems to be fixed now, maybe after a restart. Sorry for the confusion

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: 2020-12-17 19:33:05 »
Sephiroth throwing you the sneak attack materia in the Shinra Mansion was clever. I love it.

hasterdis

• View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: 2020-12-18 03:27:12 »
Hello to all, can I ask some questions please? sorry it has some SPOILERS...
1.- In Vincent's lv 4 limit break sidequest, if I understand well, Lucrecia turns into a monster because of the Jenova cells, Vincent kills her and he finishes with a silent sentence ".........." and that is all? Could it has more words or a little more plot? just curious Chief hehe
2.- Would there be a new threat 2.1 ? Or this version 2.0 is the last one?
3.- I am after the cutscene when Cloud asks the party to visit their homes and before entering North Crater, I can now do the lv 4 limits sidequests, what order do you recommend me to play? Visit North Crater then the lv 4 limits then gold saucer, etc... or what order you recommend me? Thanks

juiceseph

• View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: 2020-12-18 17:59:02 »
In 2.0 it's found in the Sacred Fire Cave of Da Chao in Wutai; you'll need leviathan scale to clear the fire which is acquired from the 2nd Pagoda visit (Disc 3).

You're a saint! Thanks so much!  :)

Maxyo45

• View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: 2020-12-20 10:34:17 »
I've loved this mod for a long time, and I'm glad to check back in with all new changes. Really is some amazing stuff. I don't have the word to express how fun and heartwarming this mod is. It feels fresh, but still familiar at the same time.

Checking out Type B at the end of Disc 1 - I have to ask.

Is Aerith gone forever ins Type B or am I missing something? The upgrade system was a tip off to her being gone, but I thought I'd ask.

I really like the changes to how Materia weight on stats. Before it was chore to juggle some Materia if you trying for certain build type. Now it's closer to Vanilla where it doesn't matter too much enough to say 'I shouldn't do this'. While some are build and stat defining. I love it.

Type-B has been a blast, with all the new fights, and story elements. Although I'd wish for a minor change if my question above is true. Is an option for otherwise. But in general I've binged CD 1 in single sitting. If that is indication of how much I love this mod.

I hope to see more in the coming time.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: 2020-12-20 13:39:19 »
Seems to be fixed now, maybe after a restart. Sorry for the confusion

This game has multiple entries for certain enemies, so it may be the case that one of them is defective while the others are functioning. I'll check into it in any case.

Sephiroth throwing you the sneak attack materia in the Shinra Mansion was clever. I love it.

He's quite generous, although as of the latest patch he's a bit too generous during the flashback.

Hello to all, can I ask some questions please? sorry it has some SPOILERS...
1.- In Vincent's lv 4 limit break sidequest, if I understand well, Lucrecia turns into a monster because of the Jenova cells, Vincent kills her and he finishes with a silent sentence ".........." and that is all? Could it has more words or a little more plot? just curious Chief hehe
2.- Would there be a new threat 2.1 ? Or this version 2.0 is the last one?
3.- I am after the cutscene when Cloud asks the party to visit their homes and before entering North Crater, I can now do the lv 4 limits sidequests, what order do you recommend me to play? Visit North Crater then the lv 4 limits then gold saucer, etc... or what order you recommend me? Thanks

2. There is a 2.1 content update in the works. It'll be adding Extra Battle and some other things for end-game. I'll also be re-doing the Hard Mode and fixing the flags for it. Various fixes for bugs, script oversights, etc. as well and some rebalancing for some encounters (Underwater Reactor for instance).

3. I balanced everything in 2.0 to match up with a Disc 3 party that hasn't min-maxed yet so any order should be fine, though if you find something to be trickier compared to the others then it could be an idea to do something else then use what you get from that to help with the other things.

I would try and gather up the 'free' stuff first that isn't locked behind fights like Barret's Catastrophe Limit Break or Tifa's Final Heaven Limit from the piano in Nibelheim, then focus on getting things for any characters you primarily use. The documentation should have a list of things with their location.

I've loved this mod for a long time, and I'm glad to check back in with all new changes. Really is some amazing stuff. I don't have the word to express how fun and heartwarming this mod is. It feels fresh, but still familiar at the same time.

Checking out Type B at the end of Disc 1 - I have to ask.

Is Aerith gone forever ins Type B or am I missing something? The upgrade system was a tip off to her being gone, but I thought I'd ask.

I really like the changes to how Materia weight on stats. Before it was chore to juggle some Materia if you trying for certain build type. Now it's closer to Vanilla where it doesn't matter too much enough to say 'I shouldn't do this'. While some are build and stat defining. I love it.

Type-B has been a blast, with all the new fights, and story elements. Although I'd wish for a minor change if my question above is true. Is an option for otherwise. But in general I've binged CD 1 in single sitting. If that is indication of how much I love this mod.

I hope to see more in the coming time.

The method behind that was changed:
if she survives the battle after being revived by the boss, then she stays on as a party member and the SP upgrades also change to reflect that.

Feedback on Materia over the years generally arrived at the same point; it was making stats too lop-sided when trying to set up certain combos. So for this one I went a lot more toward bonuses than penalties.

Sine

• View Profile
« Reply #10545 on: 2020-12-21 03:05:00 »
Is there a way to earn a second Mythril key item?
I've been to the Weaponsmith's place to pick between the Silver M-Phone and the Javelin (chose Silver M-Phone) but i'm not certain there's a way to get the Javelin since the method to get multiple Mythril items seems to have been removed.

kamekaz3

• View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: 2020-12-21 05:58:12 »
Best place to grind AP after getting Cloud back in Disc 2? Type B NT.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: 2020-12-21 07:26:39 »
Best place to grind AP after getting Cloud back in Disc 2? Type B NT.

grab the
 triple growth weapons from the glienka
, fights there are worth a decent amount of ap.

if didn't get w-item materia morph the grass near wuati for some syl greens... dupe some 8inch cannons for above.

there is also a completely safe method for farming ap, but dont get much from most beaches, could speed up game to 9x or so if using the newer 7th heaven mod manager. beachplugs can death them. added effect + odin/destruct.  if equip refelect rings ur unlikely to take any dmg alongside some speed boost for a char which can hit all :> (loads of barrets weapons can hit all)

johnslash8

• View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: 2020-12-21 21:04:28 »
I just got back to new threat after I finished 1.5 6 months ago. So I just started but wanted to report I also ran into the problem of the second scorpion boss being blocked behind a gate even after saving jessie and biggs. I literally can't progress. I'm going to try what someone else said and turn off all other mods just to pass this part but it makes me think it is a model issue as I have model mods and it looks like biggs never makes it to the elevator. Anyways just wanted to post that this is still an issue. Thanks for the awesome mod SegaChief, I loved 1.5 and I am super excited to play 2.0 now.

loopsi17

• View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: 2020-12-21 23:41:34 »
Hey Sega Chief,

I wanted to ask if there was any work done on this that you wrote a few years ago
NT 1.5 will have a completed re-write, but I'll need a break before looking at making a special version with Beacause script in it assuming Dan gives the go-ahead. The eventing between both mods is different so the only safe way to do it would be manually which will take time.