Author Topic: Where are people getting these awesome Field/Battle Models?  (Read 9708 times)

Mesden

• View Profile
Where are people getting these awesome field/battle NPCs and playable characters? They look nothing like the models from the NPC Reconstruction Project.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Some are being naughty and taking them from Kingdom Hearts which is a big no no, the Team avalanche guys have access to a couple of models that will be released when the Bombing Run project is done, others are using APZ's Cloud model(no longer available due to a slight issue with the face texture).

If you look hard enough you'll maybe find some. There is a Barret model that is bundled into the Team Avalanche mod though.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
There's also a Tifa battle model floating around here: 1_Tifa_Battle.zip
Her lower legs are attached backward and need rotating.  I describe how to do this in my tutorial- Bootleg Edit for the FFVII Remix 2.5.1.
Also, the arms and feet detach during some battle animations.
This model needs a lot of help.

Aeris has replacement field and battle models: FF7 HQ Aerith mod.rar
IMHO the face doesn't look like Aeris.
Also, the texture is so HQ that it appears grainy.
Otherwise, this is very well done work.

Both models are excellent attempts, but need further refinement.

-PitBrat

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Personally, as long as you only do it for your own game, you can take all the models from other games you want. Not like anyone is going to know or bothered what you do yourself.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
True, but we really shouldn't be encouraging it.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
It's not like you're encouraging people to rob a bank or commit murder
Nobody loses anything or is even bothered when someone does personal local mods like replacing models with models he's not supposed to rip

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
there is bother if they come to us for help to solve their inability to /do it right/

PitBrat

• View Profile
What happened to the PRP Addon pack? Does that mod contain illicit material? Thank goodness I'm a data horder!
-PitBrat

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
What happened to the PRP Addon pack? Does that mod contain illicit material? Thank goodness I'm a data horder!
-PitBrat
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7422.0

PitBrat

• View Profile
None of the links there work for the PRP_AddOnPack.exe.
The mod contains a few models not included in the original PRP.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: Where are people getting these awesome Field/Battle Models?
« Reply #10 on: 2011-07-04 06:18:29 »
is it bad that i miss the days when a thread got locked for talk about ripping models?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: 2011-07-06 16:39:16 »
Just that we're not talking about how to rip them, thus not violating a rule
Fwoosh another thread Jai

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #12 on: 2011-07-06 18:22:01 »
Just that we're not talking about how to rip them, thus not violating a rule
Fwoosh another thread Jai

i know, i just often found that these threads if not locked eventually attracted people spamming questions about where to get the models and such, really got under my skin.

... FWOOOSH

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011-07-07 02:11:43 »
i know, i just often found that these threads if not locked eventually attracted people spamming questions about where to get the models and such, really got under my skin.

... FWOOOSH
It was never that these types of threads attracted people.  It had much much more to do with youtube videos popping up all over the place advertising them, most of which would then link here.  Any new surge of FF7 information (official or not) will bring waves of people (newbies) here.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-07-09 15:35:08 »
I guess people end up asking for these ported models as they have no other solution to update the original ones.
As soon as TA finishes their work on the battle models, the threads about porting models will cease.

We just have to wait.

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-07-09 21:23:20 »
I guess people end up asking for these ported models as they have no other solution to update the original ones.
As soon as TA finishes their work on the battle models, the threads about porting models will cease.

We just have to wait.

It would be nice if they released parts of current finished stuff. Like the new cloud. It looks awesome. That will probrably prevent at least some ppl from asking for those "ripped" models.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: 2011-07-10 06:41:32 »

We just have to wait.

Battle models, yes. Field models, no. Not everyone likes chibis or variants of them. I for one don't. That's not saying they're bad, just that I don't like em.