Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837565 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9600 on: 2020-05-23 14:51:01 »
I believe it's the one from your catalog, it's the one the front page of this thread that got updated after Barachiel's post. I played through the regular version of the mod on normal difficulty before starting this one, and while the combat is  the same as original FF7, it does have New Threat scripts on the save points.

OK, I'll go back in and check. The variable that handles it didn't seem to be getting toggled anywhere so I'll need to find out what's happening.

As a hardcore FF7 fan, let me start by saying that I love this. I pretty much know the location of every single item (steal/morph included) by heart, but after FF7 Remake I wanted to replay the original. New threat gives me a new way to look at the game, and I thank you. And yes, I realise that thanks doesn't buy dinner, so you'll have some donations coming to back it up.

Some minor bugs to report:
- Game softlocks after looking at the TV in the Shinra bldg shop on the 2nd floor
- Game softlocks after finishing a chocobo battle when the chocobo escapes

Spoiler: show
I was a bit dismayed that you took away the weapon steal from Eligor, but I'll learn to live with it  :-P

It's been re-added for 2.0, Hell House will have something as well.

I'll check these softlocks, seem to be new.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: 2020-05-23 16:02:24 »
Hey SC! Sorry to be a bother, but I have NT set to auto-update from your catalog, but it doesn't seem to have downloaded the last couple of updates (such as the clock room fix). I'm unable to tell if it's an issue with the catalog, 7H, or something on my end. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: 2020-05-23 19:39:00 »
Hey SC! Sorry to be a bother, but I have NT set to auto-update from your catalog, but it doesn't seem to have downloaded the last couple of updates (such as the clock room fix). I'm unable to tell if it's an issue with the catalog, 7H, or something on my end. Any ideas would be appreciated!

It was because I wasn't changing the date on it, I'll be doing that from now on.

adiostorito

• View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: 2020-05-23 21:28:42 »
Hi, I wanted to keep an update as I continued on in the game. I got to Junon and started up the boss fight with Bottomswell, and instead of the regular boss fight it took me to the Shinra building against 3 Sawbacks. The game continued normally past that.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: 2020-05-23 22:23:43 »
Hi, I wanted to keep an update as I continued on in the game. I got to Junon and started up the boss fight with Bottomswell, and instead of the regular boss fight it took me to the Shinra building against 3 Sawbacks. The game continued normally past that.

Yeah, what's happening is that the flevel has a series of arrange mode flag checks to change some of the boss fights out for an alternate. But because the scene.bin is a default one, it's loading an encounter that isn't a boss. This'll also happen for Materia Keeper and Demons Gate, maybe some others.

Edit:
Thanks to S.K. for the donation.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-23 23:47:04 by Sega Chief »

halfash

• View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: 2020-05-24 15:31:20 »
Hi,

First time playing this mod, really loved it and enjoyed the journey.
But I just ran into a bug where I'm stuck in the dark cave's sewers.
I jump down here and all I see is a car which blocked my way, is there anyway I can get out of here?

Thanks.

peiger

• View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: 2020-05-24 15:44:20 »
Hi Sega lord, would like to ask a weird question, my aerith and barret's limit is stucked on level 1, no matters how many times im using still stucked on level 1, but my cloud and tifa already got thier limit on level 3 already.. Any ideas what went wrong ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: 2020-05-24 16:33:52 »
Hi,

First time playing this mod, really loved it and enjoyed the journey.
But I just ran into a bug where I'm stuck in the dark cave's sewers.
I jump down here and all I see is a car which blocked my way, is there anyway I can get out of here?

Thanks.

I recently changed the set-up to not remove characters from the PHS but to lock them instead in order to avoid an issue where players were losing Materia through the automatica unequip (if there's no space, the Materia is lost). However, some of the scripts in there used 'character exists' as the check which meant they started to fail. I've made an adjustment and uploaded patches for all version.

Hi Sega lord, would like to ask a weird question, my aerith and barret's limit is stucked on level 1, no matters how many times im using still stucked on level 1, but my cloud and tifa already got thier limit on level 3 already.. Any ideas what went wrong ?

You unlock Lv2 and Lv3 by killing enemies; the 2nd Limit on each Limit Level is unlocked through uses.

As an example:
To get Barret's 1-2 Limit Mindblow, you need to use Big Shot 9 times.
To get Barret's 2-1 Limit Grenade Bomb, you need him to kill 60 enemies.
To get Barret's 3-1 Limit Satellite Beam, he needs 110 kills (this is total kills, so he only needs 50 kills after getting Grenade Bomb to get Satellite Beam).

Patch Info 24th May 2020

So a few things;
*) Dark Cave and the North Crater had some alterations made to avoid the loss of Materia when characters are set to unavailable (a full Materia unequip is performed, but if there is no space for the unequipped Materia to be stored then it is lost). So instead, I've got them set to locked in PHS.

Side note, when grinding Materia in the North Crater be mindful of your remaining space. When creating Materia through division, it will either overwrite an old Materia (prioritising low-end Materia like Fire, Ice, etc.) or throw away the new-born Materia. Try to keep around 10 or so free spaces in your Materia inventory to be safe, selling/trashing Materia you don't necessarily need.

*) Vanilla Combat IRO: I removed all references to arrange mode battles. Unsure how this variable was getting flipped on without any reference to it in the script but that should sort it out.
*) Reunion (R06) download had a bad folder structure, so have corrected this. Also has the Dark Cave patch as per above.
*) Mouth Patcher IRO: I added this to the catalog, it can either remove the NPC O mouth texture or replace it with ones used by the main characters.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 16:41:06 by Sega Chief »

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: 2020-05-24 21:44:37 »
Hey Sega Chief,

Just reinstalled FF7 today ready for another go at NT.

I have to ask out of sheer curiosity, what is the hidden enemy no one has found in 5 years?

Even if you dont spoil it here and PM me with it I'm just really intrigued!

Though if you dont want to say I obviously understand.
Looking forward to 2.0.

Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: 2020-05-24 22:18:22 »
Hey Sega Chief,

Just reinstalled FF7 today ready for another go at NT.

I have to ask out of sheer curiosity, what is the hidden enemy no one has found in 5 years?

Even if you dont spoil it here and PM me with it I'm just really intrigued!

Though if you dont want to say I obviously understand.
Looking forward to 2.0.

Thanks

It was a bit of a dud I'm afraid, I actually forgot all about that message until recently when someone brought it up. The boss it refers to is no longer accessible due to some changes made in the Dark Cave conclusion. There was a window of time where it could be found in the diorama room during the timed escape but that part no longer occurs.

I'll keep the current secret boss for 2.0, but the whole secret boss thing has kind of flown the nest I'd say.

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: 2020-05-24 22:42:25 »
Ah fair enough,

When I was escaping the reactor a minute ago I wondered if ot might be something really close to the start.

Itll be cool to eventually see whatever it is.

Is 2.0 going to be wildly different from what we have now or still fairly similar?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: 2020-05-24 23:06:09 »
I'm back with another "problem"! I put that in quotes for 2 reasons: 1) I'm still using the catalog version of the IRO so I'm not 100% sure if it's up to date (I uninstalled and reinstalled), and 2), I feel like most people would see this as a good thing.

Anyway, Yuffie seems to be maintaining Perfect Dodge even after the message says she's lost it. I'm trying to limit-train her, and I cannot for the life of me get anything to hit her more than once with a physical attack! I can switch to magic-wielding foes, but for right now it seems like her stats aren't actually resetting upon being hit with magic.

[edit] Party members can hit her just reliably, it's just foes that can't hit her. Seems weird to me, either she has 255% evasion or she doesn't. Or do the party's evasion numbers not count against one another?

Also, speaking of secrets, any hint about the secret 10th party member that's teased in the party list when you're checking your SP?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 23:15:01 by EmperorSteele »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: 2020-05-24 23:13:31 »
Ah fair enough,

When I was escaping the reactor a minute ago I wondered if ot might be something really close to the start.

Itll be cool to eventually see whatever it is.

Is 2.0 going to be wildly different from what we have now or still fairly similar?

It's a full overhaul so it may do; some of the stuff from 1.5 is coming over though like the source-point system.

I'm back with another "problem"! I put that in quotes for 2 reasons: 1) I'm still using the catalog version of the IRO so I'm not 100% sure if it's up to date (I uninstalled and reinstalled), and 2), I feel like most people would see this as a good thing.

Anyway, Yuffie seems to be maintaining Perfect Dodge even after the message says she's lost it. I'm trying to limit-train her, and I cannot for the life of me get anything to hit her more than once with a physical attack! I can switch to magic-wielding foes, but for right now it seems like her stats aren't actually resetting upon being hit with magic.

Also, speaking of secrets, any hint about the secret 10th party member that's teased in the party list when you're checking your SP?

I think this must be why I stopped using allocation and went to addition, looks like it has its own problem with resetting back to the original value. I'll see what I can do.

There is no 10th party member; the 10th slot was a random string I used to test a total SP counter but forgot to remove it. It's on every save point unfortunately so removing it would be a bit of a undertaking.

SeveronSylvanas

• View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: 2020-05-24 23:22:29 »
Hey again

So I'm just doing the Junon Leagues for the first time. I'm curious. How many rounds am I supposed to go against the three guys? I'm doing the Pugilist Tier, I'm currently sitting on 124 points in the Division but it doesn't seem to end. I've done well over 10 rounds and its getting pretty tedious as there's no visible end in sight. I'm reluctant to retire.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: 2020-05-25 00:19:43 »
Hey again

So I'm just doing the Junon Leagues for the first time. I'm curious. How many rounds am I supposed to go against the three guys? I'm doing the Pugilist Tier, I'm currently sitting on 124 points in the Division but it doesn't seem to end. I've done well over 10 rounds and its getting pretty tedious as there's no visible end in sight. I'm reluctant to retire.

It's only supposed to be 2 rounds, not sure how that's happened. I'll have a look.

Edit:
Thanks to A. P for the donation; sorry about the Mideel thing, it was a debug routine left on an NPC. I think it's been removed from the latest versions though.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 00:47:06 by Sega Chief »

halfash

• View Profile
« Reply #9615 on: 2020-05-25 01:11:30 »
I recently changed the set-up to not remove characters from the PHS but to lock them instead in order to avoid an issue where players were losing Materia through the automatica unequip (if there's no space, the Materia is lost). However, some of the scripts in there used 'character exists' as the check which meant they started to fail. I've made an adjustment and uploaded patches for all version.

Hi, I updated the mod. But now I ran into another problem, the screen went black then game crashes after I jump down to that area. I think I might just load an earlier save file and visit dark cave to see if I'll ran into the same problem again.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: 2020-05-25 01:40:52 »
Hi, I updated the mod. But now I ran into another problem, the screen went black then game crashes after I jump down to that area. I think I might just load an earlier save file and visit dark cave to see if I'll ran into the same problem again.

Sorry about that, I guess my script change made it worse (probably been caught in a loop or something). I'll check it again.

Edit: Odd, another label jump's been added to the top of an init script. A quirk of the tool maybe but it only seems to have started happening recently; must be something to do with what I'm doing as I haven't changed tool versions. Oh well, at least I've spotted it. Will upload patches.

Edit2: Removed the loop
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 01:57:16 by Sega Chief »

halfash

• View Profile
« Reply #9617 on: 2020-05-25 03:14:03 »
Sorry about that, I guess my script change made it worse (probably been caught in a loop or something). I'll check it again.

Edit: Odd, another label jump's been added to the top of an init script. A quirk of the tool maybe but it only seems to have started happening recently; must be something to do with what I'm doing as I haven't changed tool versions. Oh well, at least I've spotted it. Will upload patches.

Wow! your reply is really fast  ;D
I applied the patch, now I can pick up Cid. But there's another bad news, I'm still stuck by the car after I picked up Cid.
Sorry for giving you this much troubles.

halfash

• View Profile
« Reply #9618 on: 2020-05-25 03:16:00 »

Oh I forgot to mention I did a quick dark cave revisit and still ran into the same problem before I apply the patch

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: 2020-05-25 11:49:18 »
Hello again,

Just signed up to Patreon.

If you can do the same job with FF8 that you have done with this itll be awesome.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: 2020-05-25 13:42:35 »
No question but just wanted to show Sega some love. This mod is great stuff! Can't imagine how many times you've had to answer the same question in a 385 page thread. Thanks for being so attentive to the community.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: 2020-05-25 17:50:45 »
Wow! your reply is really fast  ;D
I applied the patch, now I can pick up Cid. But there's another bad news, I'm still stuck by the car after I picked up Cid.
Sorry for giving you this much troubles.

Oh I forgot to mention I did a quick dark cave revisit and still ran into the same problem before I apply the patch

I checked again, I missed part of the old check. I've replaced it with a key item check which should sort it.

Hello again,

Just signed up to Patreon.

If you can do the same job with FF8 that you have done with this itll be awesome.

Yeah, I'm returning to FF8 NT once 2.0 is out.

No question but just wanted to show Sega some love. This mod is great stuff! Can't imagine how many times you've had to answer the same question in a 385 page thread. Thanks for being so attentive to the community.

Cheers, bud.

Patches are up.

Ketsuban

• View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: 2020-05-25 17:52:28 »

amen to that brother, modders this dedicated and passionate are starting to become rather rare

Cybj

• View Profile
« Reply #9623 on: 2020-05-25 18:42:48 »
I'll check these softlocks, seem to be new.

I'm getting another softlock in the Vector fight. got her down to under 1000 hp, and the game started having trouble. It recovered a few times, with every next choke getting longer until it just stopped completely (music kept going). If I'd have to guess, I'd say it's a memory leak in the AI (the fight was dragging on for quite some time, as it seems my chars are somewhat underpowered), although I have no clue how the memory is managed at all, so that might not actually be possible. I decided to disable all other addons for now, assuming it's an interaction problem somehow.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: 2020-05-25 19:26:18 »
Ok, Sega.. now I have a problem. I spent hours going down the crater. Finally reached the bottom to the part where it the team gives you all the items and the guy appears explaining all the "new threats". However, my PHS is still locked. They only players I can select are Tifa, Cid, and Vincent. I was able to fix this using a save editor, but do you think this will impact the game going forward? The only strange thing I'm noticing so far is that Cloud's ATB resets to blank at the start of every battle.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 20:46:01 by cjmstate »