Author Topic: Blender 3D Tutorial?  (Read 7087 times)

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
Blender 3D Tutorial?
« on: 2009-06-03 02:48:27 »
I want to know is there a tutorial on how to port models to FF7 using Blender 3D?I found one but it is for 3D Max but I need a tutorial using Blender. Also some questions, does ff7 engine have a special model file format, or they render directly from .3ds or .obj format? Does it support skins and textures? I know the game is pretty old. I have good skills in Blender so if someone can help me out then I will be able to take part in the projects here.

Aali

• View Profile
Re: Blender 3D Tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-03 02:57:36 »
FF7 uses it's own format, it does support textures and you're supposedly able to convert 3ds files to FF7s format. I have never done it myself so I don't know what you should use.

I've been thinking about writing a blender plugin that can export FF7-compatible models directly though, should be simple enough.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-03 03:02:25 »
There was a tutorial on youtube awhile ago, but the creator pulled it. But if you already know blender then you just need to learn how to use biturn to convert FFVII p files to .obj. You use pcreator to turn the .obj files into ffvii p files. Really blender is the hard part. Just play with the others. Oh and you need to use Kimera to put all your p files and textures together into an actual battle/field model skeleton. Add a 2-d editor to that and it shouldn't take you to long.

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-03 03:08:11 »
FF7 uses it's own format, it does support textures and you're supposedly able to convert 3ds files to FF7s format. I have never done it myself so I don't know what you should use.

I've been thinking about writing a blender plugin that can export FF7-compatible models directly though, should be simple enough.

Thank you for letting me know. So how do I convert the model into ff7? Is there an export plugin or something that can convert from .obj into ff7 model format? If not can you write one for blender? I think that would be great. I have some ripped models from ffx and some half life models that I want to put into the game. It is good to hear that the game support textures. Anyway can you tell me what image format, for example .tga format or .jpeg format? And lastly is it possible for the game to display in 800x600 resolution? In ff7config it only shows 640x480 as maximum resolution. Im kinda new to ff7 pc so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks again

Edit: This is the model I want to put into FF7. The model is aya chanbara from the movie chanbara beauty. I got it from filefront. Total # polygons are 7000+. Is it possible that ff7 can render this model in-game?

3D view in Blender

Render view in Blender

Artwork

« Last Edit: 2009-06-03 05:55:46 by Luis Aviles »

« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-05 00:06:44 »
How do you convert the 3D files from blender to FFVII compatibles??? Cause I am about finished with a model.... I just don't know how to implement it into the game itself..  :|

rosejay0918

« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-01 04:25:08 »
It is  possible for the game to display in 800x600 resolution.Thanks for the info.

« Last Edit: 2009-07-01 14:07:58 by rosejay0918 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-01 04:50:39 »
First, I would like to thank the spammer for bringing my attention to this post.

Now then.

Aali,
I realize you're busy with your driver, and Palmer, and exporting walkmeshes, and I think you said something about optimizing FF7Music,  and, well, a blender plugin would be amazing.

With all you've already done here, I almost feel like I should donate some money...

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-01 05:41:43 »
i'm a little rusty on getting stuff in/out of ff7, but i'm highly familiar with blender, so once i figure out the ff7 side of things i'd gladly make a tutorial.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-01 14:07:55 »
A tutorial would be much appreciated timu sumisu!