Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008035 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
C'mon lad, it's a setting in one of the old builds. If I can remove the section in 03-Battle60fps config from R05's install, then my gripes are resolved. Is there a tool I can use to modify ff7_en.exe after installing Reunion?

are you just trying to turn 60fps battles off? (i keep it turned off, and notice almost 0 difference other than i dont get the related bugs, i have an overpowered graphics card for this game though, could be different for others)

in the The_Reunion folder, open options.ini and change:
 _60fps_Battles = 1 or 2

to

_60fps_Battles = 0

« Last Edit: 2020-03-17 02:19:44 by Orichalcon »

PeanutReaper486

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
are you just trying to turn 60fps battles off?

No, I just gripe about the damage numbers disappearing too fast. It's like four frames of numbers, sometimes the number doesn't even draw. I was messing with some of the configs with hextedit, but the fix I had in mind is more complicated than just removing that segment I mentioned earlier.

Iunno what any of these codes do. Removing the #faster numbers segment makes numbers appear twice, one after the other. I know I can have it just right, R04 didn't have this issue, but then in R04, character zoom speeds look weird because they're actually playing in 60fps, on this 15fps playground. Anyone else notice stuff like that in R06? I really only want 60fps battles for the smoov menus, 15 fps battle animations are quite charming anyway.

Code: [Select]
#fix numbers array by NFITC1
5BB464 =  2C ← Dunno what this does
5BB5E8 = 0F Bf 52 0C C1 EA 02 ← Like what even

#faster numbers
5BB464 =  16 ← Same code as above, if I remove this, damage numbers will repeat twice.
8FE1E8 =  00 02 04 04 02 00 ← I thought this was some kind of raw frame output for the damage numbers themselves. I still don't really know.
-400C00

Tried using cheatengine to find the original values in the base game, but that hasn't really led anywhere. I feel like I've spent too long on this insignificant speck of a gripe, but now I just want to solve it.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
No, I just gripe about the damage numbers disappearing too fast. It's like four frames of numbers, sometimes the number doesn't even draw. I was messing with some of the configs with hextedit, but the fix I had in mind is more complicated than just removing that segment I mentioned earlier.

Iunno what any of these codes do. Removing the #faster numbers segment makes numbers appear twice, one after the other. I know I can have it just right, R04 didn't have this issue, but then in R04, character zoom speeds look weird because they're actually playing in 60fps, on this 15fps playground. Anyone else notice stuff like that in R06? I really only want 60fps battles for the smoov menus, 15 fps battle animations are quite charming anyway.

Code: [Select]
#fix numbers array by NFITC1
5BB464 =  2C ← Dunno what this does
5BB5E8 = 0F Bf 52 0C C1 EA 02 ← Like what even

#faster numbers
5BB464 =  16 ← Same code as above, if I remove this, damage numbers will repeat twice.
8FE1E8 =  00 02 04 04 02 00 ← I thought this was some kind of raw frame output for the damage numbers themselves. I still don't really know.
-400C00

Tried using cheatengine to find the original values in the base game, but that hasn't really led anywhere. I feel like I've spent too long on this insignificant speck of a gripe, but now I just want to solve it.

looks like you are S.O.L. on getting it to work by editing that...

turning off 60fps battles would solve the number scrolling issue i bet, but if thats a part of the mod you absolutely want then you are back to square 1 on being S.O.L. haha

usb

• View Profile
In my project they've reported me this glitch in mds5_5. I've tested with original english R06c and it is present as well
Here it is a screen

how to reproduce:
- exit shinra building
- complete motorbike minigame
- deafeat robot boss
- complete dialogue on the "bridge"
- after that they reach mds5_5
- speak to the character in this order: red, tifa (the choice doesn't matter), aertih (the choice doesn't matter) and barret (choose option 2 "Well...")
- speak again to barrett (this will trigger again aerith text)*
- when aertih text box is still present go down at the exit of the field and the glitch will appear

*By the way is it right that every time you speak to barrett it is triggered aerith text?

Here it is a save (save 2, file 10) https://www.mediafire.com/file/m7uw5oe8zsm34cr/save.zip/file : i've modified the save in order to make cloud able to equip every materia for speed up boss fight

update: With new translation off the glitch doesn't appear
« Last Edit: 2020-03-19 13:57:28 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yeah it is right that when you speak to Barrett her line is triggered.  I'll look into other issue when I have time.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Fixed.  Thanks again, usb.

Change

mds5_5  - ba - Talk -

to begin

If Var[5][200] == 0 (else goto label 3)
   If Var[5][255] == 0 (else goto label 3)

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
a few quick things:

1. when climbing the pagoda, after the battle gorky says "but you handled yourself pretty good." should be "handled yourself pretty well."

2. this one is really nothing, some missing commas in vincent's line on the highwind: "Ancients... One day we may too be referred to in the same manner." should have commas before AND after the word too (at least in american english)

3. just noticed the epilepsy settings in options.ini, thats cool that you have settings there to limit flashes in the first place, but if I had epilepsy, and went to utilize that feature, I probably wouldn't appreciate being called a poor soul.  just throwing that out there
« Last Edit: 2020-03-18 04:05:58 by Orichalcon »

Mabinog

• View Profile
a few quick things:

1. when climbing the pagoda, after the battle gorky says "but you handled yourself pretty good." should be "handled yourself pretty well."

2. this one is really nothing, some missing commas in vincent's line on the highwind: "Ancients... One day we may too be referred to in the same manner." should have commas before AND after the word too (at least in american english)

3. just noticed the epilepsy settings in options.ini, thats cool that you have settings there to limit flashes in the first place, but if I had epilepsy, and went to utilize that feature, I probably wouldn't appreciate being called a poor soul.  just throwing that out there

I feel like number 2 is a personal preference. I notice some people tend to use more commas than others. In this case I wouldn't say commas are exactly required. As long as you're not totally ignoring commas in your writing, you should be fine.

skyhawk

• View Profile
when climbing the pagoda, after the battle gorky says "but you handled yourself pretty good." should be "handled yourself pretty well."
Yep

this one is really nothing, some missing commas in vincent's line on the highwind: "Ancients... One day we may too be referred to in the same manner." should have commas before AND after the word too (at least in american english)
I'd actually argue for "Ancients... One day we too may be referred to in the same manner."

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Nope. It's also Shake who says "handled yourself pretty good"  And shake is a kid.

This isn't perfect grammar - it's on purpose.  As I said in a previous message though from this point on I'm not going to respond to gripes about individual lines or grammar either.  I'll read them and change if I see there's a problem.  Also, the full grammar check for R07 hasn't happened yet.  There are thousands of minor grammar issues in there which is why I respectfully ask that you don't post quibbles of that nature.

I probably wouldn't appreciate being called a poor soul.

It's tongue in cheek and British humour.  I'm not changing it because some people get offended at everything.  It's not sarcastic - it's literally empathizing with them.

https://glosbe.com/en/en/poor%20soul
« Last Edit: 2020-03-18 15:18:17 by DLPB »

Isuldor

• View Profile
With the local government asking citizens to stay home, I'm quite glad to have R06c.

usb

• View Profile
Fixed.  Thanks again, usb.

Change

mds5_5  - ba - Talk -

to begin

If Var[5][200] == 0 (else goto label 3)
   If Var[5][255] == 0 (else goto label 3)

Thanks for the rapid fix

Now i need your help for a technical question: with my italian port i can't play jenova_e movie (english play perfectly).. shows the first frame and than the movie is skipped and the game continue. Any suggestion? maybe movie lenght?

these are the movie info:
Spoiler: show

General
Complete name                            : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation\jenova_e.avi
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID                                 : mp42 (isom/mp42)
File size                                : 26.3 MiB
Duration                                 : 44 s 867 ms
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 4 908 kb/s
Encoded date                             : UTC 2020-01-29 00:16:11
Tagged date                              : UTC 2020-01-29 00:16:11
FileExtension_Invalid                    : braw mov mp4 m4v m4a m4b m4p m4r 3ga 3gpa 3gpp 3gp 3gpp2 3g2 k3g jpm jpx mqv ismv isma ismt f4a f4b f4v

Video
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings                          : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames        : 3 frames
Format settings, GOP                     : M=4, N=15
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                                 : 44 s 867 ms
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 4 780 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 10 000 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 896 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 1.429
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 15.000 FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.278
Stream size                              : 25.6 MiB (97%)
Language                                 : English
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709
Codec configuration box                  : avcC

Audio
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AAC LC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                                 : mp4a-40-2
Duration                                 : 44 s 838 ms
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 126 kb/s
Maximum bit rate                         : 214 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 688 KiB (3%)
Language                                 : English
« Last Edit: 2020-03-18 19:45:48 by usb »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
what does app.log say?  Enable all debug options apart from Opengl and send me it.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Nope. It's also Shake who says "handled yourself pretty good"  And shake is a kid.

ahh, i stand corrected, in my defense gorky is standing right next to him, i must have just assumed he was speaking since you just fought him

and roger that on the comma issue, didnt know if you wanted help catching the really minor stuff or not - you don't

Redz

• View Profile
What am I doing wrong? I installed The Reunion and can play the game with the retranslation, but battles still run at 15FPS. In fact, none of the settings from Options.ini seem to have any effect. I tried disabling the audio and showing FPS and nothing changed (the reason I know battles are 15FPS is FRAPS). Setting New_Translation to 'n' doesn't disable the retranslation (not that I would want to), and Transparent_Dialogue has no effect either.

If you're wondering, Disable_The_Reunion is set to 'n', and _60fps_Battles is set to '1'. I'm running the Steam version of FF7.

Edit: Just for testing purposes, I tried disabling The Reunion by sending the dll files to the Recycle Bin, and the game still plays with the retranslation. What on earth is going on?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-19 05:02:17 by Redz »

PatMan33

• View Profile
Hey! I've started playing FFVII again with your Reunion mod. I thoroughly enjoy it and am loving the translation, even though I am not even into the second reactor yet. I am not using any extra graphics mods or models or anything like that, just what was included in the Reunion mod itself. And I think I toggled on the PlayStation buttons option.

But I seem to have encountered a problem. Alas I cannot repeat it and upon a second pass through the area (I had to reload my save) the problem vanished. But I wanted to let you know anyway.

I can't take a screenshot of it, very sorry! They all come out black. But at the "underneath plate 4" save point just past the Shin-Ra security check I had Cloud enter the screen in a standing position on the ladder. He was unable to move and I was unable to resolve the situation without closing the game altogether. I am happy to provide you with any further information you would like, and I have preserved my prior save in order to see if I can replicate the issue.

Again, I've been able to move past that point and maybe it was just a random glitch. But I wanted you to know regardless. Thank you for your time and for all of your hard work.

I will let you know if I encounter any other oddities.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
If you were not using new translation then that it a known bug with the original version.  If you are, then I need to look at it.  But read the first post.

Do not report bugs that are original game problems.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-19 02:50:25 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
What am I doing wrong? I installed The Reunion and can play the game with the retranslation, but battles still run at 15FPS. In fact, none of the settings from Options.ini seem to have any effect. I tried disabling the audio and showing FPS and nothing changed (the reason I know battles are 15FPS is FRAPS). Setting New_Translation to 'n' doesn't disable the retranslation (not that I would want to), and Transparent_Dialogue has no effect either.

If you're wondering, Disable_The_Reunion is set to 'n', and _60fps_Battles is set to '1'. I'm running the Steam version of FF7.

Edit: Just for testing purposes, I tried disabling The Reunion by sending the dll files to the Recycle Bin, and the game still plays with the retranslation. What's on earth is going on?

See first post.  No one can help if you don't help us.  Think about it logically...  how can anyone help you with absolutely no information to go on?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-19 02:51:07 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
I know it's kind of a pain, but I've been saving, exiting, copying the save file to My Documents > Square Enix > Final Fantasy VII > user xxxxx directory, disabling The Reunion in Options.ini and booting the game everytime I'm about to reach the criteria for an achievement, getting the achievement, quitting and then reenabling The Reunion again.

It's not too bad since there are very few achievements and the requirements are easy to track.

when i first installed r06, i looked in each and every folder and subfolder in the The_Reunion directory looking for a save file so i could do stuff like this (and help test some bugs i was getting), didnt find it, then gave up... now i see in FF7's root folder there is literally a folder called 'save'

:oops:
« Last Edit: 2020-03-19 04:38:29 by Orichalcon »

usb

• View Profile
what does app.log say?  Enable all debug options apart from Opengl and send me it.

Thanks, here it is https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i5QJEcaCWzTJphy7tuZZPZMPR15P5yC0
Exit with alt+f4 after the skip movie (more specifically after the second cloud text after the movie)

used this log setting
#on-screen logging
show_reunion_popup = y
show_reunion_info = y
show_fps = y
show_stats = y
popup_error = y
popup_info = y
popup_ff7 = y
trace_personal = y
trace_open = y
trace_textures = y
trace_files = y
trace_other = y
opengl_debug = n

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
holy cow that's a large app.log.  Think i need to look into removing one of those logging entries as they're bloating it to hell.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\jenova_e.avi
[00014659] INFO: prepare_movie: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion/BASE/New_Translation/jenova_e.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 44.866667, frames: 673
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie: Audio must be converted: IN acodec_ctx->sample_fmt: fltp
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie: Audio must be converted: IN acodec_ctx->sample_rate: 44100
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie: Audio must be converted: IN acodec_ctx->channel_layout: 3
[00014659] TRACE: PERSONAL MOVIE - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion/BASE/New_Translation/jenova_e.avi

No Error - though not sure about channel layout.  Please send me the video file.

usb

• View Profile
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\movies\jenova_e.avi
[00014659] INFO: prepare_movie: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion/BASE/New_Translation/jenova_e.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 44.866667, frames: 673
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie: Audio must be converted: IN acodec_ctx->sample_fmt: fltp
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie: Audio must be converted: IN acodec_ctx->sample_rate: 44100
[00014659] TRACE: prepare_movie: Audio must be converted: IN acodec_ctx->channel_layout: 3
[00014659] TRACE: PERSONAL MOVIE - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion/BASE/New_Translation/jenova_e.avi

No Error - though not sure about channel layout.  Please send me the video file.

this is the link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1540TGJdpv0LtCWMIOZL-9SK2MTJTO4cE

and if you need a save use again this file (save 2, file 13) http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg273449#msg273449

PatMan33

• View Profile
If you were not using new translation then that it a known bug with the original version.  If you are, then I need to look at it.  But read the first post.

Do not report bugs that are original game problems.
Roger that! Thanks for the quick response.

I have been able to reproduce it, but like you say it seems to be a base-game issue. Will be sure to troubleshoot more before I report next time. :)

PeanutReaper486

• Mercenary
    • View Profile
I wouldn't use any of those with R06 if that's what you're planning.

I've decided to just use R06 since that's what will be supported. I can't find any of the specific files used for 60fps battles though. Except the 60i folder, which I trust is the interpolated animations/models. Should I still be using hext to edit damage numbers?